It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower: 1.5 Million Coronavirus Cases In China, 50,000 Coronavirus Deaths In Wuhan

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

What a load of steaming horse crap.

How many popes have been assassinated?

How many people over the millennium killed in the name of God?

Murder is organized religious practices bread and butter.

Clearly illustrated time and time again throughout history.

Even your savior was allegedly murdered for your sins ffs.
edit on 15-2-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Its not stupid. They are from the same family of virus. Apples for apples. SARS and MERS started with higher mortality rates than COVID-19 as well.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
(REUTERS) - AROUND 500 million people in China are currently affected by policies put in place restricting movement, to contain the COVID-19 coronavirus.

That's more than the entire population of the United States and is equivalent to roughly 6.5% of the world's population.

Concerns mount after woman who left 'virus-free' cruise ship in Cambodia tests positive

source

www.sbs.com.au...

Concerns mount after woman who left 'virus-free' cruise ship in Cambodia tests positive

citations above...

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

a reply to: Noinden

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If you look at the tracker (John's Hopkins tracker). What I am concerned about (as far as this post) is not so much as the cases inside China but the cases outside mainland China. Do your due diligence and look at how few cases in each country there were (two weeks ago) as there is now.

My point is this disease is spreading rapidly, nevermind the death-rate which is debatable of which I contend is about %20. This is not fact and I am not stating this number as fact. However if we look at recovered vs dead (official numbers) we get around %20. Its probably more like %30.

Anyways I'd like to point out the fact that the entire ship was considered "free of coronavirus" yet the individuals were released. And now at least one has been proven to have the disease. This shows that the incubation period and which coincides with the period in which the disease can yet be transferred is longer than we obviously have determined. Thus, this disease is still spreading unknowingly. And this statement is a fact as shown by the numbers that continue to rise dispite the strictest contingencies put in place by outside countries.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

You can contend its 20% mortality, but you have to show the proof. Otherwise its you saying anything you like.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

You can contend its 20% mortality, but you have to show the proof. Otherwise its you saying anything you like.

So far aprox 11,000 recovered and 1,800 dead. Those are the end result numbers we have so far. Anyone that gets the disease is either going to recover or die, so let's use logic and use the numbers we have. Add 11,000 to 1800 and you get a total of 12,800. 1,800 is %16.36 of 12,800 so %16.36 is the mortality rate.

These are the only real numbers we can go with right now. If we wanted to get a more accurate mortality rate we would have to wait until all of the infected people reach either 'recovered' status or 'dead' status. Then we could tally the numbers.

posted on Feb, 23 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   
never mind, it's useless to argue fear mongers.

edit on 25-2-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
never mind, it's useless to argue fear mongers.

So I guess the World Health Organization is just a bunch of fearmongers too?

WHO says coronavirus ‘absolutely’ has potential for pandemic status as Italy, Iran brace for surge

FOX NEWS

You just keep your head in the sand son, meanwhile my family and I will be prepared.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

So I guess the World Health Organization is just a bunch of fearmongers too?
WHO says coronavirus ‘absolutely’ has potential for pandemic status as Italy, Iran brace for surge

pitiful job of selective cut and pasting, here let me show you how to do it the correct way. from your fox link.

Health officials stressed on Monday that while Iran and Italy have reported a surge in coronavirus cases over the last several days and raced to cancel public events, the outbreak, which originated in China, has not yet met the criteria for a pandemic,

Using the term pandemic now, it doesn’t fit the facts, but it may cause fear,” World Health Organization chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said in a press conference on Monday. “Now is not the time to focus on what word we use

sounds like they are trying to cuase fear hunh? looks that way to me.

and here 2 interesting bits of info from the link,

Tedros said that the health agency has not found “uncontained global spread” of the virus, and has noted a steady decline in new cases in China, where more than 77,000 people have been sickened by COVID-19 and an additional 2,600 have died.

An investigative team that had arrived in China several weeks ago has reported a range of findings on the virus, including that it peaked and then plateaued between Jan. 27 and Feb. 2, and has continued “declining steadily since then,” Tedros said. He added that the team found no significant change in the DNA of the virus and that the fatality rate outside of Wuhan, the virus epicenter, has remained at 0.7 percent.

so the fatality rate outside of wuhan china, is the rest of the world is less than 1%. all that info is in the first paragraph of your link, yet you choose ignore it, or are so ate up with fear that you can't see it, or just plain ignorant.

the little video is a joke. just some joe blow MD trying to get his 15 mins of fame and maybe make a few bucks on a youtube channel. see this from one of his videos

If you would like to donate to this project use the PayPal link below, thank you. www.paypal.com...

this is the video, got to make that dollar. make sure to click the link, it's a pay pal account for him not a organization. better yet here is a screen shot.

also your method of figuring the percentage fatality rate is flawed, and is considered to be a alternative. for the simple fact in any stat where you take a small number from a lager number, as in your recovered vs deaths in last post where you took the recovered from reported confirmed cases, you will always get a higher percentage.

the best ways to my knowledge, and i'm not going to say that i'm 100% correct. is one or two ways the worlds health organizations use, is to take the number of cases reported/confirmed and the number of deaths CFR. last i read 77,362 cases, and 2,618 deaths. or 2618/77362. which comes out between 2 to 4 % and 0.7 percent outside of china. this method for figuring CFR is mainly for the after math, but some use it during the outbreak.

the best way is real time and has a variable that could be seen as a flaw because if the numbers are not known it is estimated from confirmation to death. it is basically the same as above. here is the formula

CFR = deaths at day.x / cases at day.x-[T]
(where T = average time period from case confirmation to death)

a link that explains all 3.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Mortality Rate

oh and just in case you missed it,

He noted the group concluded, based on the data they saw, that the case fatality rate — the number of infected people who died — was between 2% and 4% in Wuhan, where the outbreak appeared to begin, and 0.7% elsewhere in China. None of those figures will allay fears of what the toll of this virus might be if it spreads globally.

To date outside of China, 28 countries have reported 2,074 cases and 23 deaths, Tedros said. China has reported 77,362 cases, and 2,618 deaths.

WHO tells countries to prepare for coronavirus pandemic, but insists it’s too soon to make that call

so stop be willfully ignorant and spreading fear.

and i hope you enjoy eating and using all those extra supplies you and your family stocked up on before they go out of date.

edit on 25-2-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Here, you can argue with the experts.....

The coronavirus almost certainly will begin spreading in communities in the United States, and Americans should begin preparations now, officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Tuesday.

“It’s not so much of a question of if this will happen anymore but rather more of a question of exactly when this will happen,” Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said in a news briefing.

SMFH

NEW YORK TIMES

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

FEAR MONGERING on Ats man, this site has gotten a little lame.

The only thing fear mongering people is the virus.

This virus is not being looked at in black, and white, those that are, are ignorant. THERE is allot of gray Area. Sometimes it’s better to leave your opinion to yourself, especially if it has to do with insulting the messengers of information. That goes for all of you. This is bad news. As far as The WHO they have lost allot of credibility.

I Forget just how many people have been literally indoctrinated by the system.

Deny ignorance.

edit on 25-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I guess that means it's panic time for real now. I'll preemptively shoot my neighbors and take their canned goods.

BTW: When you try to multi-reply it only works for one of the people. The other ones don't get a message.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

So, you have nothing but a joke to refute the experts opinions I posted above?

You know, the owner of ATS has a coronavirus thread going right now on the front page. Let's see you troll that thread!

I'll not be responding to anymore of your posts in this thread.

Have a good day!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
So, you have nothing but a joke to refute the experts opinions I posted above?

Reuters is an expert opinion? Nah, I don't think so.

I'll not be responding to anymore of your posts in this thread.

Suuuuuuuure.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

By the way, to compare deaths as a percentage of sick patients to come up with the mortality rate is a logical fallacy. That would be assuming that everyone that is currently sick will recover.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Dang man it looks like AugustusMasonicus is having a hard time with his reading comprehension today. Perhaps you could explain to him to not forget to read the part of that post of mine where it says....

officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said on Tuesday.....

Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said in a news briefing.

It was clearly highlighted for him, I dont know how he missed that part.....not everyone can be smarter than Forrest Gump I suppose.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Alien Abduct, in his passive aggressive non-reply to me after he said he would not reply should look to see that the post I replied to only cited Reuters. If he wanted to reference another post he should have done so.

Talk about reading comprehension fail.

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Guys look how the Dude in the post above me looks like such a fool right now! LMAO!

posted on Feb, 25 2020 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Alien Abduct, in his passive aggressive non-reply to me after he said he would not reply should look to see that the post I replied to only cited Reuters. If he wanted to reference another post he should have done so.

Talk about reading comprehension fail.

Oh give it up, we know you've already died from the virus and are spreading Masonic misinformation from the grave.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join