It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says he will award Rush Limbaugh with Medal of Freedom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Medal of Freedom ain't what it used to be...

List of Presidential Medal of Freedom recipients

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

originally posted by: ColeYounger

I think the medal of freedom is just a silly, feel-good thing. It's totally meaningless.
Just my opinion.

When you get the 'medal' for your 'totally meaningless' opinion I'll give you a S&F.

Sorry, l guess my comment may have been a bit offensive, so it's time to tell by the truth.
I got a bit emotional, and yes, gosh darn it, I cried a bit when President Obama awarded Ellen the Freedom Prize thingy.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AttitudeProblem

Medal of Freedom ain't what it used to be...

List of Presidential Medal of Freedom recipients

You definitely have a point... I have shaken my head more than once at the recipients. For example, Tiger Woods. Really???

At least I can see some rhyme and reason for giving Rush the honor.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

I think the medal of freedom is just a silly, feel-good thing. It's totally meaningless.
Just my opinion.

Much like the Nobel Peace Prize. You don’t need to do anything of significance to get one.
edit on 2020/2/4 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
he already gave it to him during the SOTU ,rush looked like he was shocked and could not find the words first lady put it on him to raucous applause

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I love it! Lol, im not a huge rush fan, i dont agree with the whole republicans always right dems always wrong bit,

But, for the whole troll the left aspect, its absolutely glorious.

Trump, the ultimate troll in chief.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
he already gave it to him during the SOTU ,rush looked like he was shocked and could not find the words first lady put it on him to raucous applause

I'm sure the secret was kept until the last second too. Why am I being seated next to the first lady? They'd have to tell him something. You're going to get mentioned? Why would I get seated next to the first lady and I'm going to be mentioned during a SOTU address of all things?

He knew, he had to. The army wife with the kids probably didn't. That'd be easy to smooth over. She was told she was going to get mentioned as an example because her husband was deployed.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

He sure did! I tried finding a video as soon as I heard Trump actually did it last night.... found plenty this morning though:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Yeah, last night had to be tough for them... Blatantly snubbing Nancy's offered hand, his speech, and giving Rush the Medal of Freedom... triple whammy right there.

Couldn't happen to a better bunch of critters.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The man is dying.

This is a Civilian medal without a specific meaning.

A piece of tin.

Rush made me laugh.

Who cares...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Well, Trump cares enough to bestow it upon Rush (and others), and Rush sure seemed mighty touched at the honor, and someone cared enough to think up the medal in the first place... there's a few.

I care because I think it's important to honor and celebrate others for extraordinary deeds for our own sake... because no one has to do anything good or righteous or honorable.... and it's important to appreciate our blessings. An attitude of gratitude beats a sense of entitlement every time.

I'm glad Rush made you laugh. He probably gave me a chuckle or two over the years as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: whyamIhere

Well, Trump cares enough to bestow it upon Rush (and others), and Rush sure seemed mighty touched at the honor, and someone cared enough to think up the medal in the first place... there's a few.

I care because I think it's important to honor and celebrate others for extraordinary deeds for our own sake... because no one has to do anything good or righteous or honorable.... and it's important to appreciate our blessings. An attitude of gratitude beats a sense of entitlement every time.

I'm glad Rush made you laugh. He probably gave me a chuckle or two over the years as well.

Well, I am one of apparently millions who doesn’t care for music.

I used to drive all day long for my job.

If you listened to Rush, this medal would mean a lot to his family.

His family name means a lot to him. He honored his Father.

He used the absurd and made it profound.

I will miss him when he retires.

edit on 5-2-2020 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join