It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do cops have a sense of entitlement ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Was just mulling some things over in my mind and trying to look at it logically and reasonably.

I’ve never been a ‘cop hater’ and honestly have held them in high esteem for what I presumed was keeping the public safe. Glorified babysitters to your city or local with always the intention of dealing with every issue in the reasonable manner it deserves, within the confines of the law... or so I thought.

I do believe there are a lot of great cops out there who actually give a shyt about people and don’t have a sense of ‘entitlement’ about being a cop. They truly serve and protect with no ego or malice.

What I want to address in this post are the ones who think because they are LEO’s they can break the law.. and the ol’ boys club will always cover for them.

Also the ones in the ‘upper echelons’ who make the ridiculous decisions to bring in destructive swat teams that destroy so much, over something that could have been resolved in a much more efficient way. I think better police training is needed to curb this sense of entitlement on the ridiculous way they deal with things at times.

That being said my heart goes out to all those LEO’s having to deal with rioters and trying to keep the peace. You truly don’t get paid enough !! Not to mention LEO’s who deal with some very dangerous situations.

But let’s get back to a sense of entitlement.

How many LEO’s go through people’s personal criminal files without authorization just for curiosity and sh**s and giggles ? ... then share them with others ? Or do LEO’s have some sort of entitlement to every file there is out there, even long after retirement.

That actually wouldn’t bother me so much if I didn’t know they had all sorts of dirty little secrets they hide which are so much worse then the people they bust for whatever.

I also think there is a lot of false twisted info in criminal checks ( especially in the back files.. some total fabrication at times to cover blunders by police or just simply their own crime).

Anyhow it all got me to thinking how so many cops especially in the ‘upper echelons’ think they can get away with many forms of breaking the law themselves.

It’s a club and it seems that they don’t seem to go by the same laws as the rest of society a large portion of the time.🤷🏻‍♀️

Some seem to have this entitlement to hack into computers because they fool themselves into thinking they have some big crime to investigate.. or they just want to feed their creepy trolling habits.

I’m talking some other creepy stuff as well. Some cops really know how to hack and they’re not doing it to ‘find’ pedos or criminals. Theyz doing it because they ARE pedos and criminals.

Oh well.. no one said cops were perfect or saints .. but damn.. sometimes you think some get into the profession for that sense of entitlement because there’s nothing quite like being in the ol’ boyz club to actually get away with crap , that others wouldn’t.

Ok.. excuse me .. its a boys AND girls club.

I appreciate the good ones so much .. but too many are just nasty a**holes behind the scenes. Sometimes for petty revenge , and many other reasons.

I guess my opinion of them is slowly becoming more realistic. I certainly don’t hate any of them ( but I despise what some do ).. and I see the sense of entitlement some clearly have and I find this more prevalent as I read more about them.

So many forces all over the world.. with some of their members quite twisted mentally, especially in private.

I want to share a link about a club in Vancouver, BC in Canada called the Vancouver club. I believe that club had many upper echelon LEO’s from RCMP and other police forces, as well as the upper echelons of the judiciary people such as judges.

This club was known for its bawdy sexually themed dinner shows ( not sure if that was paid for by tax payer money 😆).. and was rumoured to bring children in at night to be prostituted. Some people started investigating and filming ( one being a lawyer ). They had all sorts of clear evidence of children being brought into the building and some never coming out again.

Sadly the lawyers apartment was broken into, all evidence and legal documents stolen followed by this lawyer being disbarred. Very very sad story, but a great example of the sense of entitlement I’m referring to.

link to story ..

www.vancouverobserver.com...

edit on 27-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Police forces around the world are corrupt through and through. You do have your good people. But they eventually have to become complicit in the corruption if they remain in the forces. I would think you would be hard pressed to find one who hasn't been compromised by knowing of information on a dirty cop they keep quiet.

It's just like the (in)justice systems and political systems.

The entire world system, it's political, religious, and commercial elements are corrupt. No human and no human organization is going to clean it up either.

Jesus is coming and will judge everyone with justice. This is the promise that lets me sleep in peace, while I have seen injustice, and have suffered great injustice at the hands of those in authority in the home, in the workplace, in the court system, and in the government:

"And the spirit of Jehovah will settle upon him,
The spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
The spirit of counsel and of mightiness,
The spirit of knowledge and of the fear of Jehovah.
 And he will find delight in the fear of Jehovah.
He will not judge by what appears to his eyes,
Nor reprove simply according to what his ears hear.
He will judge the lowly with fairness,
And with uprightness he will give reproof in behalf of the meek ones of the earth.
He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth
And put the wicked to death with the breath of his lips."

Isaiah 11:2-4.

He will not judge by mere appearance. He will not be bribed. He will not judge by what his ears hear. For he can peer into the very heart of man, and all things are laid bare before him. And his rule will be just. And he will be merciful to those who are meek. To the ones that have been abused, kicked, thrown about, laid low, he will be the savior.

To the wicked and evil, to those who lie and murder and live in corruption he will put to death with the rod of his mouth.

Better to leave behind the old system that is worn out and passing away and find refuge in his government that is coming. No one will escape him, no one can defy him. He will save his people, and cause ruin to all those ruining the earth.

"He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to those taken captive and the wide opening [of the eyes] even to the prisoners;  to proclaim the year of goodwill on the part of Jehovah and the day of vengeance on the part of our God; to comfort all the mourning ones."
-Isaiah 61:1, 2.
edit on 27-1-2020 by SimpleIdea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Science says yes

Stanford prison experiment

Power corrupts, so it is so crazy that we keep voting people into power - the only way to avoid corruption, is that we are all equal.
edit on 27 1 2020 by NoFearsEqualsFreeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Well I know for a fact that in the UK Police Officers are not LEGALLY allowed to access random files on the public.

There was a recent case in Wales where a famous rugby player was in the news and a few local coppers looked him up.

They were fired and there are stories in some of our newspapers regarding it - The Telegraph for one but you have to register to read the full article.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Having been a cop and having worked for a short time in a prison, I believe the Stanford prison experiment is flawed in this context.

There are good cops and bad cops, good people and bad people. The police usually know where the grey areas are in the law to the millimetre and are able to take advantage of that. They are also in a great position to cover up crimes and of course open to corruption as a result.

We hold the police to a much higher standard than we generally hold ourselves and I don't disagree with people doing that, they are there to uphold the law. But at the end of the day they are just people like you and I, with all our faults and vulnerabilities.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tortuga
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Having been a cop and having worked for a short time in a prison, I believe the Stanford prison experiment is flawed in this context.

There are good cops and bad cops, good people and bad people. The police usually know where the grey areas are in the law to the millimetre and are able to take advantage of that. They are also in a great position to cover up crimes and of course open to corruption as a result.

We hold the police to a much higher standard than we generally hold ourselves and I don't disagree with people doing that, they are there to uphold the law. But at the end of the day they are just people like you and I, with all our faults and vulnerabilities.

We dont dissagree. There is bad cops and good cops, just like there is bad carpenters and good carpenters.
The problem is not the individuel cop, but the system that allows the bad ones to rise in power.

I believe most cops are good guys, but i also believe they will turn bad once a bad cop does something stupid and will protect their asses even though they clearly did something criminal. There is LOTS of evidence of this.

Is it because they good guys are to affraid to do something about it? Properly. But dont tell me the adrelin shot you get when you have the power to decide peoples faith, dont have any affect on people.. Power do corrupt, if its not properly controlled.

Power is like a drug. People handle drugs differently, but we dont look at that before we call them ALL drug addicts, do we?

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   

For the most part yes. I've known a few cops over the years. There was one who was a big drug addict (not knocking that cuz I'm in recovery myself) and he would take one of the towns cop cars, drive it 3 towns over to a crack house, park it in the driveway and score his drugs. Now he did this MANY times. He got caught because the local cops noticed a cop car that shouldn't be in that town multiple times a week. SMFH

He was fired and required to go to rehab.

But speaking of this guy plus the few others I've known, they All had a sense of entitlement especially doing things that were illegal or unethical. Almost acting like it's no big deal and almost all of them do it.

There are good, honest cops that aren't there to try to take advantage of their power and most despise cops on the take or power tripping. To some, that badge gives them a sense of entitlement the day they graduate the academy

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Two way street imo.... I think they walk a tight edge and I imagine they often come across people who act like they want to make sure the cops dont have a feeling of entitlement... that their authority can be questioned on all levels.

Ofcourse I have had mu experiences with cops... mostly because my gf at the time had a brother in law who was a cop and very nepotistic.
But I have also met very nice cops who had respectable behavior and friendly service.

I guess it might boil down to lack of communication. Which is also why they will pull you aside and insist on talking to you before acting. Speeding away from them is the opposite of that... or even kust refusing to stop.
Yes... mght be damn annoying if you are that one guy... but come on. If you remain calm even the 4th or 5th time they cant really do that much more.
And then you file a complaint afterwards.

Oh.... not coined directly at you OP x) went on a ramble haha

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
All cops aren’t bad they become hardened and cynical from dealing with people at their worst .

I would you like to go break up five domestic dispute a night . 😱

Think about guys like this .

This little girls moms car slid off the road into a ditch. She was terrified when a state trooper got there .

Watch the video

If you guys think it’s bad now.

You weren’t alive or old enough to notice in the 70s .

That point in time I wouldn’t be able to say .

There’s more good cops than there are bad cops .
edit on 27-1-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
When I had my restaurants there were plenty of cops who came in and nearly all had the same sense of entitlement, they felt they were entitled to not get extra spit in their pasta.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Just spit?
You apparently hired a very high caliber bunch of employees.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

All cops aren’t bad they become hardened and cynical from dealing with people at their worst . I would you like to go break up five domestic dispute a night . 😱

Nobody said ALL cops are bad, at least I didn’t in the OP. Sure.. some can become hardened from dealing with issues, but then get out of the force, if it’s that bad. You need to understand what you’ll be taking on as a cop and if you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

I also don’t think MOST cops are good anymore. I’ve seen too much evidence of corrupt self entitlement, but heh.. it is what it is.

I’m not going to start hating cops.. but just don’t pretend like they’re better than so many bad boys you’ve busted, because the big guy upstairs who will judge us all someday, sees right through that sort of self righteous hypocrisy.. and knows the true motivation behind your actions.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Thanks to everybody who has replied so far .. I will try to get back to you later.

Am leaving for the morning.. have a good day everyone.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Law enforcement is what it says it is....Laws are enforced AFTER A CRIME HAS BEEN COMITTED.....these arse clowns don't save anyone...ever....if they get caught in a bad spot up against real criminals then they hide unless they are screwed....they shoot 15 year old car thieves in the skull on National Television because our Governments have lost control completely to the small Civic Groups running our Cities....there is no National parity nor Unity because of these Jurisdictional issues.

THis is where I stop....when you authorise the formal execution of teenage underage Automobile thieves "because they threatened Law Enforcement " when they put the car in drive to ESCAPE instead of OBEYING A VERBAL COMMAND......this is where I go ballistic and say its time to rip down the castle walls and find the rotten worms hiding inside....murdering beestards….there will NEVER BE A DAY WHEN THIS IS ACCEPTABLE.

I HAVE PERSONALLY WATCHED LAW ENFORCEMENT IN NORTH AMERICA IN CANADA AND THE USA intentionally put themselves in danger to trigger the Authority to EXECUTE A SUSPECT ON THE SPOT...yes that ass-hat who steps out from safety into the line of sight of someone operating a vehicle so they can fulfill the legal vetting required for a Public Execution....I wonder if some of them get sweaty palms thinking about when nd how their first kill will legally happen?

I have watched ON TELEVISION certain Cops INTENTIONALLY TURN THEIR HEADS AND AVERT THEIR EYES AND GAZE JUST BEFORE FELLOW OFFICERS COMMIT CRIMES AGAINST SUSPECTS..SERIOUS VIOLENT CRIMES AGAINST INNOCENT SUSPECTS....THE SO-CALLED "GOOD ONES" they are NOT GOOD they are guilty of compliance....they are WORSE THAN THE ROTTEN PLICKS WHO REGULARLY BREAK LAWS AT THEIR WHIMS.

I HAVE HAD TO RISK MY OWN SAFETY INTERVENING WHEN I HAVE WITNESSED COPS ABUSING AND COMITTING CRIMES AGAINST A SUSPECT....VERBALLY ABUSING A SUSPECT AND THEN FORCING THEM OUT OF THEIR CAR IN bare feet with no shoes AND NO jACKET TO STAND IN THE SNOW IN -20 DEGREE WEATHER WHILE MORE ABUSE WAS THROWN UPON THEM AND THIS WAS A TEENAGED BOY THEY HAD DECIDED TO ABUSE.... RISK THAT THE POLICE WOULD BEAT ME OR FABRICATE CHARGES AGINST ME OR EVEN WORSE SET M UP TO BE SHOT DEAD ON THE SPOT FOR SIMPLY TELLING THEM TO PUCK THEMSELVES.

I LIVE IN CANADA….UNDERSTAND?.....CANADA.....THE POLICE IN CANADA ARE AS FEARED AS IN America IN FACT AMERICANS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT CROOKED CORRUPT COPS ARE EVEN ALL ABOUT...BECAUSE IN CANADA no one can god dam sue them....THE Canadian POLICE AND COURTS ARE MORE CORRUPT THAN THE USA ONES BECAUSE IN CANADA THERE ARE ZERO CHECKS AND BALANCES....WHEN YOU CANNOT SUE SUCESSFULLY ever...YOU ARE BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY YOUR SO-CALLED GOVERNMENT BE IT CIVIC OR FEDERAL.

HAVING THE RAW POWER TO EXECUTE ANYONE ON THE SPOT AS PER S.O.P does not give one a sense of entitlement it gives one a God Complex.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
No more than any politician, judge, taco bell employee, or tax accountant. The only difference is the amount and range of available powers to entitle.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

There’s more good cops than there are bad cops

I thought about this again.. and changed my mind.I think you are probably right.. at least I hope so.
It really is a very difficult job at times, and I am grateful we have both men and women willing to serve and protect !

There are some awesome LEO’s out there who care a great deal and it their ives on the line everyday to try and stop very bad criminal behaviour.

So thank you to those LEO’s !!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Caps locking your post doesn’t make your rant any more authoritative or correct, it just makes you that guy on the internet that’s yelling at everybody by angrily mashing his keyboard. Hyperbole is cool and all, but capitalizing it doesn’t make it any less hyperbolic.

@ OP - cops are human. Some humans feel entitled to whatever. Ergo, some cops will feel entitled. Not an earth shattering announcement you’ve made.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Some people feel a sense of entitlement.

Being a cop is a chosen profession like being in the military or IT or a doctor or a janitor or wood worker.

In each of those professions the majority of people are hard workers that do and honest and noble job to the best of their abilities. Also in those professions you find cowards, criminals and entitled people because those are traits of being a person and not of the job you have.
edit on 27-1-2020 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

When I had my restaurants there were plenty of cops who came in and nearly all had the same sense of entitlement, they felt they were entitled to not get extra spit in their pasta.

wow

extra spit

as if the original portion was not enough?
classy!
always going that extra mile!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I was speaking from experience .

I know quite a few police officers and most of them are completely different at home .

I don’t have the words., But I’d say some officers detach their self from emotion because of the idiots they have to deal with it .

But there are a bunch of insufferable prick’s .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join