It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do cops have a sense of entitlement ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I can’t speak for big cities, but small town officers certainly seem to have a good portion of their force who are enmeshed with “entitlement”. It’s a rampant pin my area and surrounding counties. An officer gets fired from one county, he just hops over to the next, IF he isn’t rehired by the same county that dismissed him.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
as if the original portion was not enough?
classy!
always going that extra mile!

Yeah, I was. The Chief would come in and ask for his special linguini and clam sauce, I also put some extra 'clams' in there for him.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Law enforcement is what it says it is....Laws are enforced AFTER A CRIME HAS BEEN COMITTED.....these arse clowns don't save anyone...ever....if they get caught in a bad spot up against real criminals then they hide unless they are screwed....they shoot 15 year old car thieves in the skull on National Television because our Governments have lost control completely to the small Civic Groups running our Cities....there is no National parity nor Unity because of these Jurisdictional issues.

THis is where I stop....when you authorise the formal execution of teenage underage Automobile thieves "because they threatened Law Enforcement " when they put the car in drive to ESCAPE instead of OBEYING A VERBAL COMMAND......this is where I go ballistic and say its time to rip down the castle walls and find the rotten worms hiding inside....murdering beestards….there will NEVER BE A DAY WHEN THIS IS ACCEPTABLE.

I HAVE PERSONALLY WATCHED LAW ENFORCEMENT IN NORTH AMERICA IN CANADA AND THE USA intentionally put themselves in danger to trigger the Authority to EXECUTE A SUSPECT ON THE SPOT...yes that ass-hat who steps out from safety into the line of sight of someone operating a vehicle so they can fulfill the legal vetting required for a Public Execution....I wonder if some of them get sweaty palms thinking about when nd how their first kill will legally happen?

I have watched ON TELEVISION certain Cops INTENTIONALLY TURN THEIR HEADS AND AVERT THEIR EYES AND GAZE JUST BEFORE FELLOW OFFICERS COMMIT CRIMES AGAINST SUSPECTS..SERIOUS VIOLENT CRIMES AGAINST INNOCENT SUSPECTS....THE SO-CALLED "GOOD ONES" they are NOT GOOD they are guilty of compliance....they are WORSE THAN THE ROTTEN PLICKS WHO REGULARLY BREAK LAWS AT THEIR WHIMS.

I HAVE HAD TO RISK MY OWN SAFETY INTERVENING WHEN I HAVE WITNESSED COPS ABUSING AND COMITTING CRIMES AGAINST A SUSPECT....VERBALLY ABUSING A SUSPECT AND THEN FORCING THEM OUT OF THEIR CAR IN bare feet with no shoes AND NO jACKET TO STAND IN THE SNOW IN -20 DEGREE WEATHER WHILE MORE ABUSE WAS THROWN UPON THEM AND THIS WAS A TEENAGED BOY THEY HAD DECIDED TO ABUSE.... RISK THAT THE POLICE WOULD BEAT ME OR FABRICATE CHARGES AGINST ME OR EVEN WORSE SET M UP TO BE SHOT DEAD ON THE SPOT FOR SIMPLY TELLING THEM TO PUCK THEMSELVES.

I LIVE IN CANADA….UNDERSTAND?.....CANADA.....THE POLICE IN CANADA ARE AS FEARED AS IN America IN FACT AMERICANS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT CROOKED CORRUPT COPS ARE EVEN ALL ABOUT...BECAUSE IN CANADA no one can god dam sue them....THE Canadian POLICE AND COURTS ARE MORE CORRUPT THAN THE USA ONES BECAUSE IN CANADA THERE ARE ZERO CHECKS AND BALANCES....WHEN YOU CANNOT SUE SUCESSFULLY ever...YOU ARE BEING HELD HOSTAGE BY YOUR SO-CALLED GOVERNMENT BE IT CIVIC OR FEDERAL.

HAVING THE RAW POWER TO EXECUTE ANYONE ON THE SPOT AS PER S.O.P does not give one a sense of entitlement it gives one a God Complex.

WOW 😮... a very powerful post with so much truth.. as depressing as it is.

Thank you for contributing to the thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: one4all

Caps locking your post doesn’t make your rant any more authoritative or correct, it just makes you that guy on the internet that’s yelling at everybody by angrily mashing his keyboard. Hyperbole is cool and all, but capitalizing it doesn’t make it any less hyperbolic.

@ OP - cops are human. Some humans feel entitled to whatever. Ergo, some cops will feel entitled. Not an earth shattering announcement you’ve made.

Hmm.. I think you’re over simplifying it.

I also think the member you chastised for hyperbolic caps may have experienced things or knew someone who did that has legitimately made him feel this way.

You have no right to tell someone they are wrong about what they have witnessed and experienced.
That’s a dirty cops game and ammo... but I see your point in saying cops are human and make mistakes.

Fact-of the matter is many cops join law enforcement because they want the power..others actually care about serving and protecting , but they all deal with some very difficult issues at times.

edit on 27-1-2020 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hmm.. I think you’re over simplifying it.

The answer is about as deep as the question. Cops being on the take has been a thing since cops became a thing. You want deeper answers, ask deeper questions.

I also think the member you chastised for hyperbolic caps may have experienced things or knew someone who did that has legitimately made him feel this way.

Okay, and?

You have no right to tell someone they are wrong about what they have witnessed and experienced.

I didn’t. I said he’s yelling at people on the internet and being hyperbolic.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

You make some great points.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: shooterbrody
as if the original portion was not enough?
classy!
always going that extra mile!

Yeah, I was. The Chief would come in and ask for his special linguini and clam sauce, I also put some extra 'clams' in there for him.

Special treatment for the chief is special!
Outstanding service!

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

@ OP - cops are human. Some humans feel entitled to whatever. Ergo, some cops will feel entitled. Not an earth shattering announcement you’ve made.

Not making any ‘announcements’.. merely trying to form a more realistic picture of the truth.
I mentioned in the OP that I’ve had a huge amount of respect for cops during my years on this planet.. but the more I read, or talk to people who either had a cop as a father, knew cops personally, or knew people who did... I feel I need to re-evaluate.

There are some nice cops who break the law, too. And not all of them get away it. This I know as fact from experience here... but some stories I’ve heard is they do get away with a lot before someone may charge them. And I think most in the ‘upper echelons’ have more protection when it comes to serious crime such as pedophilia , which has a secretive back door feed to LEO’s interested in that sort of thing.

Once again I use the example of the Vancouver club in Canada..
www.vancouverobserver.com...
Quote from the article in link...

One of the predecessors to our ITCCS, the U.N.-affiliated IHRAAM Tribunal into Indian Residential Schools, obtained considerable evidence during its June, 1998 hearings in Vancouver concerning the Vancouver Club pedophile ring. This included eyewitness accounts from an employee at the Club and from a retired RCMP officer, who was discouraged by his superiors from investigating the Club, where the RCMP Superintendent is a member. When one of the IHRAAM investigators, Kevin Annett, publicly surfaced this evidence, he became immediately targeted by a COINTELPRO-type “dirty tricks” campaign by the RCMP and its aboriginal agents that continues to the present day. 4. A United Nations conference on child trafficking, held in Vancouver in September, 1999, confirmed in its summary report that Vancouver is one of three cities in the world where “organized child prostitution and trafficking operates with unofficial police and judicial protection … including at the elite Vancouver Club.”

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

A good yardstick on entitlement is to watch them not follow driving law that if you or I did the same we would get a ticket. Cas in point years ago on my way to work one day a officer came flying past no lights no siren only to to pull into A local police fraternity club, I took their car number down and reported them. The next day I inquired what had been done, they responded they had no record of a complaint. May seem like a small thing if I had sped through town I would of gotten a ticket.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

There was a recent case in Wales where a famous rugby player was in the news and a few local coppers looked him up. They were fired and there are stories in some of our newspapers regarding it - The Telegraph for one but you have to register to read the full article.

At least they were caught and fired .. no entitlement there and definitely a step in the right direction.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join