It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ATS Demographics Question

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

#1 Rule of Seniors. Don't GO Grumpy as in you will die sooner. Laugh at yourself and those on ATS as you will live long and prosper. I heard that somewhere.

You may opt for permanent laser treatment. Plus as you wind down that oldster path consider adult diapers so when you have a senior moment its at least contained and a diaper keeps it off the furniture. I mean the I have to pass gas senior moment.

I know, my parents are getting old.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I'm 38 and I've got a few and yeh if we don't roll with the times, we get run over, IMO I have been squished a few times.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Thanks. Now you've got me checking my ears ...

Cheers

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I don't have any right now. I plucked one several months ago. Then again, I get hair growing in weird places all the time.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I too am in the hair on ears club. My maintenance routine seems to keep getting longer.

Don't get me started in my eye brows.

Yikes.

my favorite is waking up and realizing that one super long eyebrow hair has bent straight down and is in the middle of my vision. I use it like crosshairs and target any incoming threats. If the threats are warranted, I can even make the "pew pew" noise. But my Dog rarely calms down enough for a safe shot.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I'm not sure you actually had a chance with her, so it's all good.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Goodness, she must have been young. My mother was a cosmetology instructor, so I had learned to cut hair my whole life. Older men all seem to have those kinky coarse stray hairs on their ears, so I have always just snipped them without having to say a word.

My husband freaked out to learn that I actually get chinny chin hairs and 3 mustache hairs at the edges of my upper lip. Lol.

The higher your testosterone the more likely whether you are male or female, you will get those annoying hairs. Fact: When I increase my estrogen intake via broccoli or nuts, my chin hairs do not grow as fast or as coarse.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Yes yes..
Both ears have hair growing on them.
My hair also has started taking on a lovely shade of silver.
It's amazing how many changes our bodies go through as we age.

But I've always said that there is one thing worse than getting old....not getting old.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Its just a hair, and that is all it is. I have had hair on my ears for some time (part monkey). Maybe its the monkey coming out of you.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:41 AM
link   

We'll go walking out While others shout of war's disaster. Oh, we won't give in, Let's go living in the past.
- Jethro Tull

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I shave my head about once a week and that shaving session has included trimming my damn ears for a few years now. It’s mortifying!

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I'm only 42, but you guys are scaring me lol.
I've had a salt and pepper beard since 38, but the hair on my ears has always been the same tiny, baby fine hair we'd all have.
Now, I'm going to be in the mirror every morning with tweezers and an attitude.
I've been with fine with losing some of my hair up top, as I have been shaving it since after I separated from the Army. But hair coming out of my ears? No thank you.
Great expectations huh?
Well, that's life.
You all have a great day.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I got one of them razors with a beard trimmer, years ago.

And my barber always does a round with the trimmers, too.

It was at my barber's where he has that mirror to show the back of the cut, that I discovered a bald patch I was totally unaware of up to that point.

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
This is all baloney, baloney, baloney.
When you noticed change you had to peal yourself off of the ceiling. When you noticed the hair you had to pull it out. I know because I have hairs growing out of the top of my ears as well.

I admit it. I didn't take the time to digest your entire post.
edit on 26-1-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

No ear hair but I have the beginnings of a fabulous goatee... it's on one side of my chin only so I pluck it regularly. It has been growing ever since I had to take steroids for a spell nearly 10 years ago. At least it wasn't a shocker because my granny and her sisters all had the same problem.

My mama always told me getting old is definitely not for sissies!

edit on 26-1-2020 by GeauxHomeYoureDrunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

What I'm impressed with is that I can look at this ugly dial in the mirror daily and not see anything. Then suddenly,like a bolt from the blue, there's this bloody hair - and its white and its about 2 centimeters long and I'm like "WTF dude, where in the # did that come from - I'm sure that bastard wasn't there yesterday"

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Peace

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Check your nose!

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Check your nose!

What???

OH...OHooooo!!

**pluck**

They're there too!!

OMG!!

posted on Jan, 26 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Hi FCD.
You have passed the point of no return.
Better to forget about our vanity now, and just accept it.

There is a turning point: when hair stops growing out from your head, and starts moving back in, and pushing out yer ears and nose.
Perfectly normal.
You're just a different kind of handsome now.
The young ladies with a twinkle in their eye now, are really just dollar $ign$...

Did you hear ?
A young lass married a rich 90 year-old fart, figuring a couple of years of 'sacrifice' was worth it for the inheritance.
On their first honeymoon night, she was waiting for him on the bed, in her scanty negligée.
He walked out of the bathroom sporting a huge black-condom, earmuffs, and a clothes-pin over his nose.

Upon noticing her consternation, he said:
"Honey: there's two things I can't stand in life: That's the smell of burnin' rubber, and the sound of a young woman sobbing."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join