It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Worried Yet?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Hmm... All of this is making me wonder...

At what point do they start with the scorched earth policy to contain this virus? I'm guessing the thought of nuking ground zero has passed authoritative minds already.

If quarantine ever hits the US.... It's NOT going to be good for anyone. That will go south so fast. If that happens, I think it'll be time to go on that backpack walkabout to see the world, starting south of the US

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 10:58 PM
link   
They will cut flights soon, NBC leaked that airlines were contacted earlier Tuesday.

Might have something to do with this...

Zerohedge

The only better proof that the virus is a bio weapon would be Chinese govt admitting it. Read that article. Very damning evidence which correlates with expert opinions as to origin and new parts of virus.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Steve Pieczenik told us Tuesday on the Alex Jones Infowars show and also on Owen Shroyer's War Room show that there is no pandemic, there is nothing to worry about, he had this virus last month and he got over it with rest, fluids and antibiotics.

posted on Jan, 28 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

No , Ebola was a Lot Deadlier than this .

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Welp, day 7 for the Wife and I going toe to toe with this wacky Wu-tang flu. Weirdest dang flu I've ever had. The Wife went to the Doc yesterday, told her severe allergies and upper respiratory infection, gave her nose med drops and antibiotics. Anything to get well for her, she doesn't care what it is she needs to work. Docs don't care, its a "bug" around here, so here's your fix er up and off ya go! They did take her blood though so maybe something more will come out of this. For those who don't believe, let me ask this question...If this is what the doc says it is, why did BOTH of us show the EXACT same symptoms since this flu started(with mine behind about half a day)? Is that how allergies and respiratory infections work?
edit on 29-1-2020 by BoscoMoney because: Ehhh

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BoscoMoney

So how do you know what it is? It might be a hangover.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
They will cut flights soon, NBC leaked that airlines were contacted earlier Tuesday.

Might have something to do with this...

Zerohedge

The only better proof that the virus is a bio weapon would be Chinese govt admitting it. Read that article. Very damning evidence which correlates with expert opinions as to origin and new parts of virus.

In relation, they're saying this is affecting the money that should be made from tourism around the world as well as airlines losing money because of this. I suspect more people are staying home until they see something come of this one way or the other.

Financially, it could wreak havoc on the economy. If things got worse, it would probably go chaotic and the markets would likely crash in a day. All possible outcomes.

or... nothing. Hoping for the latter.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Generation9

Steve Pieczenik told us Tuesday on the Alex Jones Infowars show and also on Owen Shroyer's War Room show that there is no pandemic, there is nothing to worry about, he had this virus last month and he got over it with rest, fluids and antibiotics.

One of those times you really want to trust what InfoWars puts out but feel even more afraid about the virus than before! lol

If InfoWars says everything will be ok... WE'RE ALL DOOMED!

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Welp, day 7 for the Wife and I going toe to toe with this wacky Wu-tang flu. Weirdest dang flu I've ever had. The Wife went to the Doc yesterday, told her severe allergies and upper respiratory infection, gave her nose med drops and antibiotics. Anything to get well for her, she doesn't care what it is she needs to work. Docs don't care, its a "bug" around here, so here's your fix er up and off ya go! They did take her blood though so maybe something more will come out of this. For those who don't believe, let me ask this question...If this is what the doc says it is, why did BOTH of us show the EXACT same symptoms since this flu started(with mine behind about half a day)? Is that how allergies and respiratory infections work?

I went downtown Austin for New Years. I should have thought ahead of time that Flu Season is a big deal around this time. The next day I had a slightly scratchy throat. I sneezed maybe once or twice but the sneeze was one of those tingles that you get when you have a cold or something.

I chalked it up to allergies because of all of the cedar pollen blanketing the city this time every year, which it very well could have been. The next day I ended up with a very mild cough but a persistent mild headache and a slightly elevated temperature. I sneezed hard a couple of times back to back. Aside from the mild ongoing headache, I really didn't feel bad at all. Just a little rough from what I felt were allergies. I could feel the slight pressure and burn in my upper sinuses.

The 3rd day, no more sneezes, coughs or headaches but I was having a very productive cough - when you feel it in your lungs and have to cough it up, not by reflect but on purpose. For 2 weeks after that, including still today, I have that productive cough. Still, could be allergies. Then the ear infection began. Not just a regular old ear infection but a pretty bad one that hurt like hell. I felt it spreading to the other ear so I went to the doc.

100$ worth of meds (and that was on insurance) later.... I really felt normal other than that damn ear infection and that productive cough to get the crap out of my lungs.

That night, I went to bed around 1am. I didn't wake up until the following day after 230am. I had slept more than 24 hours. Its like my body just said... Nope! and went into hibernation. I've been drained tired since and haven't quite recovered from that. No symptoms now (just that damn forced productive cough) except wanting to sleep my days away.

Moral of the story... Sinus infections/Ear Infections/Pollen Allergies can really kick your @$$ and make you want to sleep your life away. Today is my Friday at work. When I head home today... I'm going to turn off my phone and I'm so going to sleep until my body says it's had enough for a bit. (After I watch Project Blue Book of course!)

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Remember when we were all gonna die from ebola? Those were the days huh?

The numbers do not suggest that this is something to worry too much about and the death rate though terrible for those who succumb is not a high percentage of those who catch it.

To those who want to reference the Spanish Flu, please remember this is not WWI Europe and we can treat the flu much better than we could back then.

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Weeeeell...

Not so fast:

Looks like this thing has topped SARS. I'm not saying that everyone should freak out. I'm saying that this is nothing to scoff at and could turn very, very dangerous if this is not contained in time.

The World Health Organization called a meeting of its Emergency Committee Thursday to consider issuing a global alarm after cases in China surpassed the official number of SARS infections in the country during that epidemic.

I think WHO is starting to worry.

132 dead and it's starting to take hold of businesses. Factories are closing. Air Travel has all but halted. 50 million people forbidden to move around. I guess we'll find out just how bad WHO thinks it is come tomorrow.

Governments tightened international travel and border crossings with China as they ramped up efforts to stop the spread of the disease. Airlines across the world suspended more flights to the country, as the U.S., the U.K., Japan and other countries moved to evacuate citizens from the outbreak’s epicenter, Wuhan.

About 6,000 cases in China, at least 132 deaths: Track the outbreakTo map the virus on the Bloomberg terminal, click on thisCoronavirus’s mild symptoms open path for infection’s spread Toyota halts production, Cargill works from home: Virus ImpactWhat You Need to Know About China’s Virus Outbreak: QuickTakeRead about the global race to contain this killer bug

Latest Developments

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Generation9

That would be a record hangover and one for scientists to study because after 2 years....

posted on Jan, 29 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
To those who want to reference the Spanish Flu, please remember this is not WWI Europe and we can treat the flu much better than we could back then.

You're right, in WWI Europe (and the US) didn't have cheap passenger jets that could carry 300+ people from Beijing to anywhere in the world in less than 24 hours and for less than $1,000.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join