It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: toysforadults

There is something really screwy about this one province admits 4000 infected yet a zero hedge article says the same place is setting up 100,000 beds in 112 centers there is only 92000 beds in my country Australia.

Ultimately, that's what's going to make the next pandemic (whatever it may be) truly horrific in developed countries. I live in a city of 290,000 people and we have less than 1,000 hospital beds. We already are sitting on the cusp of a shortage in normal conditions, add in any virus that infects even 1% of the population seriously enough to require medical treatment and the entire system breaks down quickly. Anchorage is far from alone in that problem, as there are hospital bed AND doctor/nurse shortages across all of the United States... The system is set up using the assumption that normal is the worst case scenario when, in reality, the worst case scenario will hit long after the early stages of build up force the collapse of the system.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just found a so called recovered novel virus recovered patient.. I dunno what to make of it, but it’s all I can find. For those that might wanna check it out links below.

www.reddit.com... smf

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Great minds... you beat me to it by a hair.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The other thing that gets me is this building a hospital charade surely the Red army is like mine and could set up self contained NBC tents as a makeshift hospital with filtered self-contained tents I think thats a pr exercise.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Just found a so called recovered novel virus recovered patient.. I dunno what to make of it, but it’s all I can find. For those that might wanna check it out links below.

www.reddit.com... smf

60% blood oxygen!?!?! WHOA!!! Combine that with the drugs destroying the patient's entire digestive system, crapping blood, etc. If real, that's horrifying.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: Agit8dChop

This whole thing reminds me of all those dramatic movie or tv show scenes where they know it’s a huge problem, see a disaster approaching but don’t want to be that person who made the wrong decision and cost people money.

If those reports from the University in Hong Kong are correct, it’s already out and they’re in denial.

Wouldn’t high risk indicate the need for a health emergency to be declared?

Yep, this is what happens when all of the warning signs are ignored.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The other thing that gets me is this building a hospital charade surely the Red army is like mine and could set up self contained NBC tents as a makeshift hospital with filtered self-contained tents I think thats a pr exercise.

China jumps at the opportunity to build anything because they count it as economic growth. There are entire ghost cities in China with 10 year old skyscrapers unihabited and decaying because China spent the 2000's constructing them behind their media curtain to indicate massive growth and spike their GDP. I have no doubt there's a soybean counter somewhere in Beijing adding the cost of these hospitals to their GDP as we discuss it here.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Ya I just finished reading wow 😯

He was young also.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I've been mostly away for the past two days and haven't been keeping up with what has been posted or any updates (or read the most recent thread replies), but I did see this on Twitter and wanted to share. I'm not sure if it has been posted, so throwing it out there, concerning the possible origins of the virus. From Jan 24:

DNA sleuths read the coronavirus genome, tracing its origins and looking for dangerous mutations

The progenitor virus itself was almost certainly one that circulates harmlessly in bats (as SARS does) but has an “intermediate reservoir” in one or more animals that come into contact with people, Andersen said. Presumably, that reservoir is one of the species of animals at the Wuhan market thought to be ground zero for the outbreak. The ancestor of 2019-nCoV existed in that species for some unknown time, never infecting people, until by chance a single virus acquired a mutation that made it capable of jumping into and infecting humans.

The genome sequences suggest that was a one-time-only jump. “The genomes [from the 24 samples] are very uniform,” Andersen said. “If there had been multiple introductions,” including from many different animals, “there would be more genomic diversity. This was a single introduction.”

That means that what’s sustaining the spread is human-to-human transmission (suggesting that closing Wuhan’s animal market is very much an after-the-horse-has-fled-the-barn reaction).

edit on 27-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I am in charge of my department, so I made it a point to talk about this. However, my wife (whom just had a positive flu test) said that when she brought it up everyone looked at her like she had three heads. I guess I just don't understand how this isn't the most important thing right now.

And also I just wanted to say, ATS is such a great community. All of us posting on here are from different sides of the aisle, and some way out in left or right field. Yet we're all just trying to find answers to what we perceive as a huge problem. Hopefully if the S really does HTF, the rest of the world will conduct themselves with such decorum.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

If it spreads in a linear fashion, no best known method for care is found that reduces the mortality rate, then yeah. But the likelihood of both of those things coming true, is pretty low.

That said, if it happens, this will end up rivaling the spanish flu in total numbers by the time it's over.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yep, it was just one jump, from bat to humans. Kind of tragic really, it should have never happened, at least not this badly anyway.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
FIFTH CASE FOR SINGAPORE reported about an hour ago.

www.cnn.com... ame=iossmf

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:36 PM
link   
WHO noted in last statement they should have reported threat as high not moderate. On IPad can’t upload screenshot (if I can someone tell me how.)

Twitter

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This site has good current coronavirus outbreak tracking info:

bnonews.com...

Site has been continuously updated. Includes map, data, and timeline.

edit on 27-1-2020 by Buvvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
All my countries doctors are getting masks but we're still flying them in I am getting biblically pissed of the fires now this.

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
What ever happened to that plane that landed in San Fran?

Several more were scheduled in the last week.

flight aware

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Charliebrowndog

The WHO is on par with the UN just a garbage organization that needs a gigantic enema

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

All my countries doctors are getting masks but we're still flying them in I am getting biblically pissed of the fires now this.

The whole world is over reacting, I came to my sense it's a couple thousand cases in a country with over a billion people

What's the math on that?

Nothing burger.. just like every media hyped bull# event
edit on 27-1-2020 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I strongly recommend reading this Dr thread, some parts of the virus are new to this family of virus;

Twitter

I don’t want to say smoking gun, but smoking gun?

And a bit of fun, People quarantined at home chanting “keep going” in a large apartment comple, the Chinese spirit is admirable in this regard.

Feel good Twitter
edit on 27-1-2020 by SpartanStoic because: Add

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join