It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conor McGregor endorses Donald Trump as the GOAT via twitter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: FingerMan

You know little about MMA or Khabib's game if that is your analysis. His grappling and core strength is next level, no one does what Khabib does, no one. They give up the back because they try everything else and nothing works. Those who don't tend to just get smashed on their back.

I did Jiujitsu before it was brazilian. A National Judo Team member, and an ex MMA fighter. Coached plenty of MMA fighters, BJJ fighters, and especially Judoka and Wrestlers. I have 6 All American Wrestlers, 10 National Judo titles, and on and on after that.

I know your post was a blind troll post. But in the event it wasn't, I know more about what I say in that arena than any current MMA fighter. That may be excessive, but it is in the ballpark.

Khabib has a real weakness that has not been tested. Open guards facilitate sweeps and standups. MOST BJJ practitioners go for a closed guard, and the trappings from that game.
Khabib's game is that he wears on his opponents after they give up their back. He then slides in a basic rear naked choke.
Fighters that can stuff and counter his basic double legs, or who utilize their open guard to sweep and or stand up will discourage and walk over Khabib.

Go watch Khabib fights. Now that I've explained this to you, you'll see it clear as day.
edit on 21-1-2020 by FingerMan because: Too specific

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I believe you. BJJ kicks a$$.

But I'd like to point out something....

I did Jiujitsu before it was brazilian. A National Judo Team member, and an ex MMA fighter. Coached plenty of MMA fighters, BJJ fighters, and especially Judoka and Wrestlers. I have 6 All American Wrestlers, 10 National Judo titles, and on and on after that. I crazily spent more than 25 years on the mat, until I needed spine surgery.

You have a completely distorted opinion of how important Conor McGregor is in relation to politics. Simply because you are in that world wholly and fully. I understand the lifetime dedication it takes to become world class in all those professions, but you need to understand that when you focus your energy so heavily in one area, it's going to distort the overall importance of "your gods". I mean that lightheartedly.

Mayweather vs McGregor got 4 million pay per view buys. And that was almost DOUBLE the Khabib fight. I know that's record breaking for the for the sport...

... but 120,000,000 came out to vote for president. McGregor and fighting appeals to a very small segment of the population. Don't let your lifelong dedication to it distort reality around you.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

Yeah. I totally get your point.

I didn't see it posted on the site, and so obliged.

I think it bolsters both Conor and Trump. That's how I feel about the subject. But I could be 100% off. No biggy.

I am a fan of Conor. Has absolutely nothing to do with my experience. I just think he's amazingly entertaining, and has had some shocking matches against tough opponents.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:27 AM
link   

If you wanted to throw a biblical 'something' behind it...

Daniel 8

5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

6 And he came to the ram that had two horns, which I had seen standing before the river, and ran unto him in the fury of his power.

7 And I saw him come close unto the ram, and he was moved with choler against him, and smote the ram, and brake his two horns: and there was no power in the ram to stand before him, but he cast him down to the ground, and stamped upon him: and there was none that could deliver the ram out of his hand.

This could be a thread all unto itself.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:55 AM
link   

The fact you think you have solved something the best fighters in the world haven't, nor their coaches which are the best in the world, means you must think really highly of yourself. Go sign a UFC contract and be champ, you are clearly better than everyone else.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:07 AM
link   

The fact you think you have solved something the best fighters in the world haven't, nor their coaches which are the best in the world, means you must think really highly of yourself. Go sign a UFC contract and be champ, you are clearly better than everyone else.

Yeah. Thought you were a troll.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elbireth
I rest my case

www.newstarget.com...

Interesting apparently an EPA study could not find a link between glyphosate and cancer. In fact apparently 40 years of use showed no increase in cancer rates. The EPA is arguing that world health organization is wrong and this was an attempt by global powers to destroy an American company.

So apparently declaring it a carcinogen and proving it is are two different things. I will say its use to farmers is huge. Without it expect a drop in food production throughout the world. In many cases it saves crips from destruction.

Now if it causes cancer you think it would be easy to prove. You have 40 years of data.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The EPA is arguing that world health organization is wrong and this was an attempt by global powers to destroy an American company

Bayer is not American.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Monsanto.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Didn't Bayer buy Monsanto a few years ago?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

You could be right!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

You could be right!

It looks like Bayer bought them in 2016

From Wiki

In September 2016, Monsanto agreed to be acquired by Bayer for US$66 billion. In an effort to receive regulatory clearance for the deal, Bayer announced the sale of significant portions of its current agriculture businesses, including its seed and herbicide businesses, to BASF.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join