It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Cottage?

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is not something I've researched, so if any other users have seen something similar let me know.
Did I see a ghost house, or see something in a veil, something else?

I live on land that belonged to some of the first European (Irish) settlers in our area. There is still a farm and some other buildings.

I was at my sink washing dishes and the sun was shining just right and the snow was just right. I could not believe my eyes.
I clearly saw a cottage. The only way I can put it is that it was a ghost cottage. If it was an optical illusion, it was the best dang optical illusion I've ever seen. It was a very simple shape but somehow the way the roof was so detailed I knew it wasn't an optical illusion.
I looked up Irish cottage an it is exactly what I saw. A very simple box shape with a sloped roof.

I've thoughts about poking around the area but haven't since it isn't on my land. I don't drink, don't do drugs and am of sound mind. I saw something and it was weird. This land has a lot of history on it. Did I just catch a small snippet of what it once was???

On a side note. I've lived in a lot of houses. I've always been "sensitive". This house and land by far have been the least spooky I've ever lived on. It has a very safe, calm feeling here.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Thats really cool. I would want to run my metal detector around that area

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Talk to the owners of the land where you saw the cottage.
Also, check old local maps and records to see if anything ever existed on that spot.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

I would use caution.

Portals to other "spiritual worlds" are numerous around the globe and when entering one your chances of returning is not good.

Many people who have went into the woods have never returned or been found because some of them accidentally walked into one of them.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Talk to the owners of the land where you saw the cottage.
Also, check old local maps and records to see if anything ever existed on that spot.

Haven't talked to the owners about the cottage yet, but I did check some local maps and records and don't see anything but the house & barn that are still there now. On a side note, it was interesting how the land was separated back then. everything was perfectly square or rectangular, unlike today.

Didn't see anything about another building. I know when settlers were first settling they often built a cottage or log cabin, usually one big room until they could finish the main house.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

Thats really cool. I would want to run my metal detector around that area

I've metal detected near the area but not on it since it isn't my property.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

JAG, maybe our space-time continuum blew you a temporal kiss

Cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Try google maps for an aerial view. And if you see it again get pictures!

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Definitely look for original or copies of maps from the 1700's to early 1900's. You can probably find some on the Internet and definitely your local library, town hall, or local historians. Even ask at antique stores, I've had luck with that before.

As someone else above me posted, be careful of entering those areas that could be "veiled". Look up David paulides Missing 411 and Missing 411: the hunted.

Listen to some of those stories and you will see what I'm talking about. Can be very sketchy

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

Great idea to get original or copies of maps from that time period.

I hope Jags finds some information. Intriguing.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Have you read Tuck Everlasting? There might be some interesting energy around the place. a reply to: JAGStorm

edit on 21-1-2020 by cfnyaami because: underlining

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity
Definitely look for original or copies of maps from the 1700's to early 1900's. You can probably find some on the Internet and definitely your local library, town hall, or local historians. Even ask at antique stores, I've had luck with that before.

As someone else above me posted, be careful of entering those areas that could be "veiled". Look up David paulides Missing 411 and Missing 411: the hunted.

Listen to some of those stories and you will see what I'm talking about. Can be very sketchy

I've seen the maps from 1860's all the way to 1915 (online), the only thing I see is the original house which is still there.
I wonder if it was considered a temporary building or something like that.
The weird thing is when I saw the most defining feature was the roof, i'd say it was a thatched or straw/stick roof of some kind. I looked that up and it appears in our area the earliest barns were made with thatched roofs, so it isn't too far fetched.

posted on Jan, 21 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ntech
Try google maps for an aerial view. And if you see it again get pictures!

Here's the google earth of it.

The only weird thing is that white thingy, not sure what that is because nothing is there.

The part I circled is where I could see it.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have seen a ghost cottage as well, numerous times.

I used to have a hunting blind that faced north into the neighbor's property. I'd go out there early in the morning in the dark and wait for deer to come out of the neighbor's place. My eyes would naturally focus toward this one area some 600 hundred plus feet away. As the sun began to rise a cottage would appear in a clearing with a well cut lawn and a garden shed. The details would sharpen as the sunlight became brighter until it was light enough to see that it was all an illusion. I watched that cottage appear and then disappear in the early morning for many hunting seasons.
edit on 22-1-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Typo

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

wow, glad to hear I'm not the only one. I've never heard of anything like it.

Yes, this cottage was me looking North too, I saw it right before dusk. The light was just right.
I know you know exactly what I mean because you are describing it just like what I experienced.
The roof got detailed and then faded out. The distance you are describing is almost the same too, which I find so
interesting. I would say this was 500-600 ft from where I was also.

So what do you think it is, an impression left in time? Like an old recording, that slips in and out?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

This sounds like that story of the two tourists walking through the grounds at Versailles...and for a short period of time they saw it as it appeared hundreds of years ago.

www.kathleenmcgowan.com/the-mystery-of-the-versailles-time-slip/

I believe it's referred to as a 'Time-Slip'.
edit on 22-1-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

There is also a famous story about some people whom were touring part of Europe, I think it was in France and they took a wrong turn but found a quaint old fashioned hotel, they loved there stay there so much, the room's while old fashioned where immaculate the food delicious and the people so lovely and friendly that they came back and tried to find the place again but it was gone, they tried and it turned out that there used to be such a hotel but it was before the war and had been destroyed during the war.

I can't remember the inn's and out's of that story but it was something like that anyway, it is another of those classified as time slip's by some paranormal researchers but it is also another one that has several variation's which probably muddy the waters for genuine research, similar to the Versailles encounter for example is a similar tale from an English country manner that is currently ran by the national trust, like the french encounter the woman whom saw these people thought that maybe someone was making a period drama but when she mentioned it to someone there they said no but other's have experienced similar event's, they never look OR feel like ghosts and are very much real living breathing people but it is almost like the wall's of time and perhaps also reality in these places are thinner than elsewhere.

Some have even claimed that the famous Loch Ness Monster is actually a dinosaur and that due to the loch being over a geological fault zone certain energy's may open dimensional portals on occasion allowing visitors in time to be seen if only briefly.

Likewise some paranormal investigators believe that strong emotions, love, joy, fear and hatred can leave lasting echoes almost like recording's in the very fabric of space and time that can sometime's be triggered to replay when certain energy's energize them such as for example battlefields were lot's of men died often filled with great fear, anger, hatred and sorrow are often haunted with soldiers sometime's from hundreds or even thousands of years ago being seen.

Though it is not only men who died that are often seen as in once famous case a plumber saw a group of Roman's buried up there waists march through the cellar of a building while he was doing some work, later excavations in the cellar revealed a roman road several feet under the flood of the cellar exactly were he had seen those Romans marching through the wall and across the room then back into the other wall.
www.yorkpress.co.uk...

As for this cottage though, sometime's the people whom have moved onto the other side come back to places were they where once very happy and for a moment they see the world as it was, some of us then pick up on this as for those older people on the other side there reality is still very real and it can shape our more pliant - and less real - physical reality if only for a time allowing us to catch a glimpse of what was and - for them - still is.

edit on 22-1-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Likewise some paranormal investigators believe that strong emotions, love, joy, fear and hatred can leave lasting echoes almost like recording's in the very fabric of space and time that can sometime's be triggered to replay when certain energy's energize them such as for example battlefields were lot's of men died often filled with great fear, anger, hatred and sorrow are often haunted with soldiers sometime's from hundreds or even thousands of years ago being seen.

Very interesting. I get all those feelings from this land.
The settlers had a deep spiritual connection to this land. They also were called during the civil war and many died from this family. I know because I have seen their graves.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   

It looked identical to me every time it appeared. When the light got bright enough, I saw what I had perceived to be this clearing, cabin, shed and well cut lawn for what they were, a leaning tree, some shrubby small trees and other natural features. When it changed, it was almost instantainious. Apparently it was caused by low light, crossing at a certain angle from my point of view. It was crazy how detailed it was as a cabin and from any other angle, it would probably look nothing like how I saw it.

But year after year in November, in the early morning, from that hunting blind, you would see the phantom cabin. I thought of it as fairy glamor causing an illusion to amuse myself because I've seen a number of similar illusions out in the woods. Of course, what I experienced was just a kind of mirage, a curious trick of lighting causing the mind to form an image it can understand. Even so, quite unusual and noteworthy an experience.

ETA: After thinking about this effect of sunlight and circumstances to create this type of illusion, it seems to me that it would be pretty difficult to purposely create such an effect that occurs at a certain location, time of year, time of day and lighting conditions. To have it happen to me by pure natural chance seems pretty incredible.
edit on 22-1-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Mar, 6 2021 @ 07:55 PM
link   

That's amazing!

top topics

join