It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Connor McGregor shoulder punches an old cowboys face

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Anyone watch UFC 246?

McGregor returns and most everyone thought the fight would've gone longer than it did, with many people expecting cowboy to pull off a win because of his huge amount of experience.

McGregor instead stopped Cowboy 40 seconds into the match, he did some sort of weird shoulder punch I have never seen used very effectively. I mean hell he broke cowboys nose got him with a headkick and it was game over.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

damn, McGregor is a beast. you know of anywhere we can find the fight online?

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Ya that was pretty damn good.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Great fights on the card, enjoyed this one, shame
The main card didn’t last long

Can’t believe some morons are saying it was staged, no clue at all
edit on 19-1-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 07:35 PM
link   

That was so fast I missed the whole thing

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

They would have to be morons to think that. You should've seen cowboy, his nose was completely smashed and his left eye swollen from those shoulder punches and he got rocked by that kick.

Jaden
edit on 19-1-2020 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Still not a McNuggets fan, I think the whole lead up to the fight was manufactured. In his post fight he started running his mouth again.

Cerrone paid for his slow start tendency.

Holm fight was really good though.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Seen the fight in the linked vid. Cowboy I think last fight I saw or he had, is out. He should have retired then. But he probably wont. Cant say it was supper impressive, but those shoulder punches, used to be more common in the older UFCs, back when they had no gloves even lots more people use to do shoulder bumps.

Got to give it to Macgregor, that his head and heart are still in the game, and hes getting better. But if he fought Kabib again, he still would get mauled all over again.

Even if he fought diaz again, I think I would give the edge out to Macgreagor this time around for the win in that fight.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 08:52 PM
link   

thank you. hell of a lot more entertaining than boxing. Rather watch a 40 second match than a 12 round sockem boppers match.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 09:43 PM
link   
What's next? Connor going to fight Liddel? That fight shouldn't have happened and should hurt Connors legacy, not help. Cerrone was defenseless the entire 40 seconds, I can see why some think it was fixed. Connor should have to fight loser of Khabib V Ferguson before getting the title shot.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Ah, I missed this fight. That right there is the handy shoulder strike. It's an old martial arts move that isn't taught a lot in thee states, because it can really mess a person up as shown in that fight, and you could end up with a broken clavicle if done improperly.

I know it's taught by some in Ninpo, but I've seen it used occasionally in TKD, JKD, BJJ, and rarely in BKJ. It can be hard to pull off if someones got a good hold on you, but if you can break the hold enough to ram your shoulder up into their face it can usually lead to a bit more freedom.

Musashi once said something along the lines of "Strike your enemy with your shoulder. Strike them until they are dead."

It can also be used to create distance for a follow up strike. As in shoulder ramming an enemy and then following that up with a blade.
edit on 19-1-2020 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-1-2020 by AutomateThis1 because: Spelling

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutomateThis1
Ah, I missed this fight. That right there is the handy shoulder strike. It's an old martial arts move that isn't taught a lot in thee states, because it can really mess a person up as shown in that fight, and you could end up with a broken clavicle if done improperly.

I know it's taught by some in Ninpo, but I've seen it used occasionally in TKD, JKD, BJJ, and rarely in BKJ. It can be hard to pull off if someones got a good hold on you, but if you can break the hold enough to ram your shoulder up into their face it can usually lead to a bit more freedom.

Musashi once said something along the lines of "Strike your enemy with your shoulder. Strike them until they are dead."

It can also be used to create distance for a follow up strike. As in shoulder ramming an enemy and then following that up with a blade.

Connor locked up Cowboys left arm(kinda looked fishy like Connor was taking the lead in a wee dance) pulling him down and away....then he exploded up as he let go and Cowboys own momentum and power were used against him within the confines of a six inch strike that had an entire body behind it.....remember a 25 lb bowling ball is launched straight up pulling that shoulder.....its an explosive move.
edit on 19-1-2020 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Yeah, it's a damn good move. I'm surprised it hasn't been used more often, and I'd be even more surprised if I don't hear of more fighters using this after this bout.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:16 PM
link   
It was... As was the Mayweather fight.
a reply to: TritonTaranis

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Cause most fighters would have defended it... Fixed fighta reply to: AutomateThis1

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

Well sure. If they saw it coming. Doesn't detract from the fact that it's a good move to use.

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Which he didnt four times...really from a veteran fighter...not buying it...a reply to: AutomateThis1

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Youre so right... I have proof of fixed fight...not sure how to upload a pic which has since been pulled...any suggestions...a reply to: Jdubious

posted on Jan, 19 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

I'm not saying it isn't possible the fight was fixed or not. I never said anything of the sort. I made a statement about the strike itself, but if we're going to go down this route. I honestly don't care if the fight was fixed or not. I had no stake in it.

As someone who used to fight I know that the first moments of a fight can be very important. If the Cowboy dude truly wasn't expected a shoulder stike he may have gotten caught in a mental moment of "WTF?", got dazed and McGregor took advantage of it.

Which is what fighting is all about. Element of surprise, and taking advantage of momentary lack of concentration. Lots of fights end in less than one minute, and in my experience most of these publicized fights are actually drawn out for monetary reasons.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join