It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stronger Third Party Could Emerge

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
How about we do away with parties every 3 elections and just vote for the candidate?

I also am a firm believer that every election should always have a NOTA (None of the above) option, and if NOTA wins, a new election is forced, and all prior candidates are disqualified from running in it.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I hope Bernie wins the nomination. I'm tired of the Democrats being Republican Lite. We need real choice at the voting booth. I think Bernie's farther to the left policies would really bring out left-wing voters in the same way abortion brings out the right-wing voters.

I agree - and they would lose so bigly it would be laughable, because there just aren't enough of thnose whack jobs to ever win in a serious election.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I actually love the idea of not having party labels, but how do you accomplish that without violating the 1st Amendment?

I do too, but as you point out, it would require a Constitutional Amendment.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
LOL, you put 'thinking' and the average American voter into the same sentence. Did an ACME anvil just land on your head?

It's actually only the radical left-wing whack jobs and the ignorant 'gimme my free Obama phone!' freeloaders that fity that category.

The reality is, there are a lot of rational, thoughtful voters out there.

Proof?

Trump won.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Yeah I know you keep saying you're not a Democrat, but you sure do sound like one every time I see you post.

I'm a Libertarian; fiscally conservative and socially liberal. But please, find some political post by me where I espouse anything other than that.

The people that find me to the left are usually right wing wackos who want their own version of totalitarian government just like the far left. They're no different; just as stupid and just as oblivious.

Yeah because thinking the average people are bunch of morons is logically consistent with thinking government needs to butt out of most things and let people handle it themselves.

That post sounded like leftist elitism. Sorry if you're not one, you just sounded like one. That's more your problem than it is mine.
edit on 15 1 20 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Personally, I think straight-ticket voting should be illegal across the board so people are forced to think for once about who they're voting instead of just effectively checking "Everyone R/D" like a lazy SOB.

LOL, you put 'thinking' and the average American voter into the same sentence. Did an ACME anvil just land on your head?

Kinda feels like it any time I have a shred of hope our fellow citizens won't go Full Retard every day.

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: Nyiah

Most voters are too dumb and lazy to do any further research.

Personally, I think straight-ticket voting should be illegal across the board so people are forced to think for once about who they're voting instead of just effectively checking "Everyone R/D" like a lazy SOB.

Boy, with sentiments like these, it's a complete mystery why Democrats have been losing the blue-collar vote. Did it ever occur to you people are just too busy working and taking care of their families to try to sift through the complex web of lies from both sides of the media to figure out what the truth is about, what is it this time, 20+ candidates for President? This ivory tower # is why you got Trump. Keep it up.

Hold it right there-- One, as is Aug, I'm Libertarian, not Democrat, and TWO, that's coddling the lazy idiots of the land with an excuse. My husband works 12+hour shifts, does his home maintenance when he's home & bored, drags us out & about when he's even more bored, and still manages to find time for candidate research. If HE can do it, so can Sally and Bob working at the local diner. And this is especially so if these people can spend time of social media posting memes and crap. If they got time for FB, they got time for candidate research. It's not hard and doesn't take all THAT much time to do.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

It's actually only the radical left-wing whack jobs and the ignorant 'gimme my free Obama phone!' freeloaders that fity that category.

It's actually the Reaganphone. He started the free phone service, called Lifeline, for the poor, and backed it heavily. A very R program back in the day (the 80s)

You guys don't know your own embarrassing poor people perks history at all, do you?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The only thing that will improve Washington DC is a;

Zombie Apocalypse
Giant Meteor
Ebola Outbreak

Can I GET AN AMEN!

edit on 15-1-2020 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
The only thing that will improve Washington DC is a;

Zombie Apocalypse
Giant Meteor
Ebola Outbreak

Can I GET AN AMEN!

Even better if we get all three, and they take out all the social media companies at the same time. Two birds, one trifecta stone, WIN/WIN.

edit on 1/15/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I do not think 5% of the population would vote for the progressive platform. I could be wrong.
I suspect the libertarian and green parties are watching with interest, to see if they may be able to bring more votes to their parties.

You are wrong - unfortunately it is at least 20%, could be as high as 30% that will vote for it.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

If that is the case a candidate will only need 10 percent of the population and that person would win, makes it easier for a dictator to get into office.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I do not think 5% of the population would vote for the progressive platform. I could be wrong.
I suspect the libertarian and green parties are watching with interest, to see if they may be able to bring more votes to their parties.

You are wrong - unfortunately it is at least 20%, could be as high as 30% that will vote for it.

60% will vote for it because they won't name themselves "The I'm Going To Kill Your Entire Family And Rape Your Dog" party.

They will call themselves, "the Soft Fluffy Kittens For Peace And America And The Constitution Party For Jesus".

Then they will kill you, your family, and rape your dog.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
We have people, on this site, (I kid you not) that will argue that Antifa is not fascist because their name has "anti-fascist" in it.

No lie.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Yeah, cause there's no Republicans on welfare. Hur-dur.

Trump won.

Trump won a populist appeal to emotion, which I get, it doesn't make it smart or well thought out.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yeah because thinking the average people are bunch of morons is logically consistent with thinking government needs to butt out of most things and let people handle it themselves.

Here's the thing, by virtue of statistics half the population is stupider than the other half and you have those winners on each side pulling the lever.

That post sounded like leftist elitism. Sorry if you're not one, you just sounded like one. That's more your problem than it is mine.

No, it's factual analysis, stupid people vote and half the people are stupid.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Kinda feels like it any time I have a shred of hope our fellow citizens won't go Full Retard every day.

I'm buying a private island and you're welcome to join me, it's called 'Riker's'.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Zombie Apocalypse
Giant Meteor
Ebola Outbreak

Can I GET AN AMEN!

Hallelujah, brother! Jesus saves, and so should you. Can I interest you in a mutual fund?

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 08:52 AM
link   

"originally posted by: tanstaafl
It's actually only the radical left-wing whack jobs and the ignorant 'gimme my free Obama phone!' freeloaders that fit that category."

It's actually the Reaganphone. He started the free phone service, called Lifeline, for the poor, and backed it heavily. A very R program back in the day (the 80s)

You guys don't know your own embarrassing poor people perks history at all, do you?

Nope - it wasn't a free phone, it was simply a little assistance with paying for communication services. And yes, I'd be opposed to that today.

The 'Obama phone' was free phone, free service, and oh, yeah, they were expecting Obama to pay their mortgage/rent too.

You guys (radical lefty fascists) keep opening your mouths, and find yourself staring at your knee sticking out of your mouth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join