It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stronger Third Party Could Emerge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Everyday it's getting clearer none of these candidates have the ability to re-build the blue wall or retrieve any of the black voters Trump pick pocketed. Before, they would all dropout but that didn't work at all last time. Bernie should have just stayed in and built a real third party but he made the rational choice. Be hated by everyone and handing it to him or Get her in and be a hero.

There really is no point in someone dropping out like Bernie last time. Voters could accept Trump will likely win and see some value in having a new progressive party that can haul in 5-10% of the vote. They would get Federal campaign money, support of the squad and start building on upsetting more Democrats.

I'm not sure who that would be however. Bloomberg maybe but he's not progressive enough.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

I do not think 5% of the population would vote for the progressive platform. I could be wrong.
I suspect the libertarian and green parties are watching with interest, to see if they may be able to bring more votes to their parties.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:35 AM
link   
How about we do away with parties every 3 elections and just vote for the candidate?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
How about we do away with parties every 3 elections and just vote for the candidate?

How about every election we vote for the best candidate? That's the rule I've followed. I've been bitten at times, but as a whole it's served me well.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

How about every election we vote for the best candidate? That's the rule I've followed. I've been bitten at times, but as a whole it's served me well.

Indeed, I vote the same way. You can't count on most other people to do their homework on candidates, though, they look for the R or D and just fill in the bubble according to party bias. Whether or not they actually support the candidate, or ever would if they looked closely at them.

Second problem is straight-ticket voting. Personally, I think straight-ticket voting should be illegal across the board so people are forced to think for once about who they're voting instead of just effectively checking "Everyone R/D" like a lazy SOB.
All party indications should be removed entirely, and removed from the American lexicon, too. They don't do anything to facilitate voting like you're not stupid regardless of party anymore.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

They do this in my state but I'm not sure it really changes anything. The parties send flyers in the mail telling voters who to pick. Most voters are too dumb and lazy to do any further research. The flyers are loaded with outright lies and half truths.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Until first past the post apportioning goes away you will never have a viable third party. Even if one were to manifest for a brief period it would be coopted by either the Republican on Democrat Parties, based on its leanings, and absorbed into them getting you back to the two, piece of ****, parties we have now.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Personally, I think straight-ticket voting should be illegal across the board so people are forced to think for once about who they're voting instead of just effectively checking "Everyone R/D" like a lazy SOB.

LOL, you put 'thinking' and the average American voter into the same sentence. Did an ACME anvil just land on your head?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I hope Bernie wins the nomination. I'm tired of the Democrats being Republican Lite. We need real choice at the voting booth. I think Bernie's farther to the left policies would really bring out left-wing voters in the same way abortion brings out the right-wing voters.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   

I do not think 5% of the population would vote for the progressive platform. I could be wrong.

I'd rather have Bernie on the ballot and lose big than have the Democrats continue to be Republican Lite.

Hillary Clinton was NOT even a Democrat political. She was a Nixon Republican or moderate Republican. She admitted in her book when she was in college she worked on Barry Goldwater's presidential campaign. She's a REPUBLICAN!

Can you imagine the scandal and outrage if a Republican candidate was found out to have worked on George McGovern's presidential campaign. The candidate would NOT have been allowed to show up in the debates!!!

edit on 15-1-2020 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Being forced into either democrat or republican because TPTB have decided that's what my choices look like doesn't feel like real participation, just cattle herding.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I actually love the idea of not having party labels, but how do you accomplish that without violating the 1st Amendment?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
a reply to: Nyiah

Most voters are too dumb and lazy to do any further research.

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Nyiah
Personally, I think straight-ticket voting should be illegal across the board so people are forced to think for once about who they're voting instead of just effectively checking "Everyone R/D" like a lazy SOB.

LOL, you put 'thinking' and the average American voter into the same sentence. Did an ACME anvil just land on your head?

Boy, with sentiments like these, it's a complete mystery why Democrats have been losing the blue-collar vote. Did it ever occur to you people are just too busy working and taking care of their families to try to sift through the complex web of lies from both sides of the media to figure out what the truth is about, what is it this time, 20+ candidates for President? This ivory tower # is why you got Trump. Keep it up.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Being forced into either democrat or republican because TPTB have decided that's what my choices look like doesn't feel like real participation, just cattle herding.

No mystery cabal decided those 2 parties would be the most popular, voters did. I'd love to see a viable 3rd party emerge in this country, but voters need to accomplish that.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Too bad I'm not a Democrat and too bad I think the morons vote for both parties, your boy is not immune from the benefits of stupid voter syndrome. Obviously.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'll vote for any candidate that has common sense and doesn't care about the feelings they might hurt in the process of keep America strong in every aspect. Hell it's why I voted for Trump.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: face23785

Too bad I'm not a Democrat and too bad I think the morons vote for both parties, your boy is not immune from the benefits of stupid voter syndrome. Obviously.

Yeah I know you keep saying you're not a Democrat, but you sure do sound like one every time I see you post.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
Yeah I know you keep saying you're not a Democrat, but you sure do sound like one every time I see you post.

I'm a Libertarian; fiscally conservative and socially liberal. But please, find some political post by me where I espouse anything other than that.

The people that find me to the left are usually right wing wackos who want their own version of totalitarian government just like the far left. They're no different; just as stupid and just as oblivious.

edit on 15-1-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
I'm not sure who that would be however. Bloomberg maybe but he's not progressive enough.

He also is a dud. He has no charisma whatsoever.

Trump not only has charisma - and a lot of it - he also does what he says he's going to do.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I don't think so, (god I hope not)... I think the lunatic left constituency is far far smaller than even the radical dems think...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join