It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Iraq's al Asad airbase is under rocket attack

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
At the moment my thoughts

- A direct hotline line between the US and Iran is closed so it's mere impossible to resolute this without going through other diplomatic countries.
- Unusual strikes from within Iran though no solid confirmation but they are usually huge on proxy warfare.
- Potentially, Trump orders to retaliate and could be an immediate and a hard hitting response that's if he's not persuaded and urged by other leaders to deal with this diplomatically. This depends of whether their has been any casualties.

edit on 07America/Chicagov11pm131 by deviant300 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
it's unbelievable a bunch of you are cheering these events on I don't think you get what's happening right now

It’s disgusting to read this thread.

Childish insensitive nonsense. Like kids on a computer game.

Great example of our wonderful forums.

link   

it's unbelievable a bunch of you are cheering these events on I don't think you get what's happening right now

I think, with the mixture of professionals and nationalities we're one of a few bunch of ''internet boards'' who actually understand whats going on now.

Military men and women are cowering in bunkers as missiles drop, people are dead and injured and suffering and there's the very real prospect of a significant (or mini-nuclear) response against Iran.

link   
These systems are wicked cool. Pure defense CRAM. Counter,Rocket,artillery,Mortar.

Every base should be outfitted with them.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

It's scary. It's sad.

And that's an understatement.

This is serious.
edit on 7-1-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

link   

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: and14263

I put money on it it's people of a specific age group who aren't eligible to go do any of the actual fighting

link   
We've dropped hundreds of billions annually into our military... I think its time to bring out some of our toys and flex on Iran immediately....

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

I think, with the mixture of professionals and nationalities we're one of a few bunch of ''internet boards'' who actually understand whats going on now.

Military men and women are cowering in bunkers as missiles drop, people are dead and injured and suffering and there's the very real prospect of a significant (or mini-nuclear) response against Iran.

I agree talking to my friends who are in the army and airforce right now they aren't to happy about it

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The Pentagon is indicating that Iran launched a dozen or more ballistic missiles from launch points inside Iran.
There were reports earlier today that intel indicated the Iranians were moving that type of equipment around.
edit on 7-1-2020 by Gandalf77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
DEFCONWarningSystem
@DEFCONWSALERTS
·
3m
6 US F-35s seen taking of from UAE. Iran issues warning to UAE that they will be attacked should any US aircraft launched from their country attack Iran.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Pardon me if I don't take you seriously when your first response was to look at your investments

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Iran is bombing Iraq, now they want to attack the UAE?

link   
a reply to: klimitzgus

you probably don't understand this but the market doesn't react to fake news, the market only drops when # gets real

since you probably have no investments you don't get it, that's ok

link   
Remember there are innocent lives on both side here that will be lost lets be respectful and otherwise keep the thread informative of the events unfolding rather than warpandering. I hope this stops and cooler heads prevail. If I'm honest I'm pretty scared and it makes me sad to know lifes of innocent men, women and children will be lost.

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

IF this is a revenge strike lets not be foolish enough to think that this will be the ONLY strike.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

You know what they say about revenge.

Of course more than two graves will need to be dug.

link   

originally posted by: and14263

Isn’t it interesting how a bunch of folks with absolutely no skin in the game are the ones most enthusiastically cheering this on?

And I’d wager a whole mess of them have parroted the “our politicians wouldn’t want war if they or their kids had to fight it!” line a time or two.

link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I have to think they have cells in western countries ready to activate... it has to be on the table.. think about the mass migration into Europe

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: jhn7537

Iran is bombing Iraq, now they want to attack the UAE?

I think they are saying, dont aid the US, if you do, the UAE is fair game.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join