It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone relax. Pompeo tells us the truth,,,,HUH?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

But know this, the Iranian people understand that America is a force for good in the region. And I'm convinced that the support that we have provided to the people in Iran and the support we will continue to fight for the people in Iraq will work to protect American interests and make lives better for those people as well.

This is what the is being fed to us by Trump's Secretary of State. He want's us to know that the people of Iran understand that America is a force for good in the Middle East.

So not to worry folks, the people of Iran will welcome us with open arms and garlands of roses and make grand parades for us as we free them from their oppressors.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeelax.

Good advice.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

The people of Iran probably actually would.

The brutal regime that runs Iran? Not so much.

I find it fascinating that the left is now championing a country whose population HAS no civil rights... a country where to be gay is to be executed publicly.

Because Orange Man Bad.

But hey, it is helping the #Walkaway movement, so a good thing for America...

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I find it fascinating that the left is now championing a country whose population HAS no civil rights... a country where to be gay is to be executed publicly.

Because Orange Man Bad.

So you believe Pompeo, that the people of Iran believe that US presence is good for them?

This thread has nothing to do with the ''left'' or your hack of '' OMB but only Pompeo's statment that the Iranian people believe us to be a force of stability in the region as he suggests.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes, many Iranian citizens would love to Make Iran Great Again. Many live in fear, especially, women, of their government but if they knew they could get their country back, they would.

Unable to share pics on this IPad...but this Linked article has many pictures on then vs now

Many Iranians who had emigrated are speaking out their praise for Trump's action. They just are not getting the media blitz recognition.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The Iran population is split in half just like the American population 😃 🎯 🐑

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:50 PM
link   

So you believe Pompeo, that the people of Iran believe that US presence is good for them?

I'd take Pompeo's word over the MSM or a butthurt liberal/Democrat any day of the week. You guys made your bed, now lie in it.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Who, in your opinion, does tell the truth?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

I'd take Pompeo's word over the MSM or a butthurt liberal/Democrat any day of the week. You guys made your bed, now lie in it.

you should prove it by flying out to Iran , wear American apparel and throw a peace sign; contrary to what the msm says, echoing pompeo, you'd be seen as a friend and force of good.

edit on 6-1-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-1-2020 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
you defend Trump even when it's not about him...

what's the inverse of 'reeeeh'.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
www.cbc.ca...

But know this, the Iranian people understand that America is a force for good in the region. And I'm convinced that the support that we have provided to the people in Iran and the support we will continue to fight for the people in Iraq will work to protect American interests and make lives better for those people as well.

This is what the is being fed to us by Trump's Secretary of State. He want's us to know that the people of Iran understand that America is a force for good in the Middle East.

So not to worry folks, the people of Iran will welcome us with open arms and garlands of roses and make grand parades for us as we free them from their oppressors.

I had a coworker from Iran, back in the 80s the Iranian PEOPLE were pro-US. I don't think attitudes of most of the population has changed much. Most people want to be free and have free choice, that is an inherent human quality. The govt of Iran is oppressive, I don't think most humans want to live under extreme oppression.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

flag burnings are a sign of peace and love...

why don't we bomb Russia after Crimea, China over human rights and the south China seas dispute (many forgot).

why does the us only drop bombs on countries that have no chance to do any militaristic retaliation...
🤔

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: Lumenari

Because Orange Man Bad.

This thread has nothing to do with the ''left'' or your hack of '' OMB but only Pompeo's statment that the Iranian people believe us to be a force of stability in the region as he suggests.

This thread was written by someone "of the left" so of course it ties into the topic.

As far as you armchair quarterbacking the topic, what you think really doesn't matter to those in charge.

Thank god.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
you defend Trump even when it's not about him...

what's the inverse of 'reeeeh'.

I was actually talking about the left's odd way of taking the opposite side of anything that Trump does, regardless of whether it is good or bad for Americans.

But you knew that and had to build a quick strawman...

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

Yes, many Iranian citizens would love to Make Iran Great Again. Many live in fear, especially, women, of their government but if they knew they could get their country back, they would.

Unable to share pics on this IPad...but this Linked article has many pictures on then vs now

Many Iranians who had emigrated are speaking out their praise for Trump's action. They just are not getting the media blitz recognition.

Ive heard a few times that many in Iran dislike the government. However, no one believes America actually cares about liberating Iranians.

We support saudi Arabia who is just as bad. America has no moral standing in the middle east.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I do. But this is not about who tells the truth, but rather the lies that come out of this administration. He says the people of Iran believe we are a force for good in the region yet, all we have do do to question that is look at the outpouring of people in the streets of Iran who at least appear to not support that believe. Of course do we believe that those in the streets are real or do we suppose that they are all paid actors or just there because they are being forced to be there.

Pompeo made that statement with all sureness when from what I can see is sureness here is questionable at best.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So those funeral crowds were all a CGI?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

That was forty years ago and I would have liked to have believed that then. Actually, to a degree I did. But knowing what little I do about how US interventionism in the region has been on going since WWll and the support for the puppet Shah, well I question Pompeo's comments.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Again you demonstrate your inability to ascertain anything of value. You label me a person of the left. Simple disparagement.
You then disparage my point as ''armchair quarterbacking'' and that it doesn't matter to those in charge. Do you suppose that your posts matter to them either? You don't want to discuss Pompeo and his lie (?) so I won't bother with you here any longer.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

Precisely, though there are those here who will have us believe so.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join