It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone relax. Pompeo tells us the truth,,,,HUH?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

They may not welcome us with open arms, but they would likely love to dethrone the mullahs.

Remember, the tribal mentality of the Middle East -- the enemy of my enemy is my friend. They'll welcome anything that let's them get rid of the mullahs ... until the mullahs are gone and then all bets are off.

It wouldn't surprise me if our alliance with the Kurds worked out much the same way.

So every time you do something like this in the Middle East what you get from the ashes is a crap shoot as to how much it will remember you afterward.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Because there is a video of a few hundred "celebrating" his death. *Eye roll*

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I would like very much to believe that there are hoards of innocents in the middle east who support our presence there, restrained merely because of their fear of their repressive regimes. But I just see a decades long list of that being used to justify our presence there, going way back the the Shah who though we were told was beloved by his people only to find that indeed he was not and only a tool of the American military complex in the area.

So for all our ''good intentions'' in the Middle East, it's been fifty years since I started to pay attention there and fifty years of being told that same story, that the ''real people'' want us there. And those repressive regimes continue despite us.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

You guys. You guys, You guys. It's all just to simple for some I guess.

So you are saying here that you believe Pompeo when he states that the people of Iran really support our presence in the middle east? Is that what you believe? And hence, because the people of Iran want us there we should stay there and continue to be the policemen in the area even though Trump has said over and over that we should not be the police in the middle east? Just what is you position on this?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Read what I said again.

I didn't say they would support our presence. I did say they may welcome the opportunity to free themselves of the mullahs. Weaken the mullahs enough and you may open the door to that for them.

None of that means they will remember to be thankful afterward or that we'll like what arises or that they'll want us to remain.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Many of the people of Iran would agree. Or do you think they all love all the freedoms they have lost the last 50 years?

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
So those funeral crowds were all a CGI?

No,but those people were under duress,and if they refused to do as told would be punished.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Nobody is championing Iran. It's just that clear-headed people understand countries have the right to determine their own destiny.

America ruined Iraq, Libya, Syria now they want to liberate(ruin) Iran

No thank you they are saying.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

They do?

So you don't want the US mucking around in Iraq, but it's A-OK, hunky-dory fine to allow Iran to buy off the majority of the Iraqi parliament?

I thought meddling in another country's elections was verboten. Isn't that what the whole Mueller thing was all about, and well, then there was that time Obama sent campaign handlers over to Israel and ... oh, yeah, we don't talk about that.

posted on Jan, 7 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
www.cbc.ca...

But know this, the Iranian people understand that America is a force for good in the region. And I'm convinced that the support that we have provided to the people in Iran and the support we will continue to fight for the people in Iraq will work to protect American interests and make lives better for those people as well.

This is what the is being fed to us by Trump's Secretary of State. He want's us to know that the people of Iran understand that America is a force for good in the Middle East.

So not to worry folks, the people of Iran will welcome us with open arms and garlands of roses and make grand parades for us as we free them from their oppressors.

Pompeo is right. They do!

posted on Jan, 8 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not that it matters at all, but I think you have swallowed the pill whole. Myself, I hope it could be true but to me it just makes little sense.

It's been forty years since the people of Iran overthrew the American puppet Pahlavi in 79 who had ruled Iran for almost 40 years. Since then the US has maintained it's presence in the region and painted Iran as part of the evil empire for most of it.

So it took almost forty years for the people of Iran to rise up against the Shah and strike out against the US by taking the hostages. It has also been forty years more and there is little sign that the people of Iran are now on the verge of tossing out their current leaders and embracing American influence in their lives.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join