It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virus 73 [YA2020]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
VIRUS 73

The scope flickered into life and as the display came to a focus Qu'tuun nodded his bleergs in the direction of the view finder for me to take a look.
It had gotten worse since we last looked... It had gotten a LOT worse.
The green-glowing display indicated that the virus had now spread to almost all areas. We had to act and we had to act quickly or yet another spheripod would have to be wiped clean.

"Have we identified how it spreads so quickly?" I asked, but Qu'tuun just shook his negg and looked solemnly towards the floor.
"This looks worse than the last time... it seems to have adapted quicker? "Evolved" even...??"

The lab door swished open and Professor Tamakrot approached, handing me a viewpad...
"The enhanced magni-image of one of the viral nexus points that you asked for commander."

My kruns widened as I zoomed further and further into the magni-image...
The virus had begun to create large groups of linked structures, and was consuming or destroying the spheripod's natural base materials at an alarming rate.
There was a luminescence clearly visible where these structures were most numerous, whole swathes of the green base-gel were now turning grey and the clear blue hydra-liquid that we'd added now looked cloudy and dull.

"I think that we might be too late to save this one already guys... It just seems... "too far gone", what cleansing protocol are we up to now?"
"Well, we've already used the liqui-wash, and the fire-ball in this latest series of tests, so I think it's time for the irradiant wipe this time?"
"Very good, initiate the irradiant wipe. Sterilise spheripod 73 and we'll commence with the next test in the morning."

By the time the humans detected the sudden increase in UV radiation, it was too late for them to react...

THE END

edit on 4-1-2020 by Gordi The Drummer because: spelling

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Nice Take on My Theme Gordi!
Creepy Cool Surprise Ending!!

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Well I knew things were going to get heavy when you've have both " Qu'tuun" and "Professor Tamakrot" in the mess.

Wish I knew what I had done with my souvenir 'kruns'?

Johnny

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Shot and direct Gordi !! Well done..

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Those poor foolish earthlings.
I suppose an alien species would see us akin to a virus.
Nicely written Gordi!!!!

Now if only I knew how to make my posts so pretty and colourful-
Then maybe i'd get writer status! hahaha

posted on Jan, 10 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   
LOved this one, wish I could read more about the humans and what happens to them in the final hours...

Good job, my favorite so far!

posted on Jan, 31 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: SyxPakSyx

I couldn't find my glasses for my Kruns, and it took me a while to read it.
Poor humans, always getting wiped out.
Nicely written.

edit on 31-1-2020 by zrexx because: mispelled word.

new topics

top topics

join