It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Minutes of Weird , Evangelicals Pray with Trump

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I'm not religious... but I pray for you..

may you find peace.. in tiis ime or of pesonall utter turmoil..

edit on 4-1-2020 by TrustedTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
The prayer was held at the beginning of the launch of the Evangelicals For Trump Coalition , the chosen one stands with Evangelical preachers as they pray for their God to give Trump the power to destroy the world , hallelujah brothers and sisters hallelujah.

power to destroy the world? how about power to keep the peace? how about power to defend this nation?

Personally I find religion and politics a dangerous mix , when God is on your side almost anything can be chalked up as the will of God ... the Crusades for example or more recently Islamic fundamentalism but either way when God gets involved bad things happen.

then you disapprove of about 99% of the states and governments in world history? religion has always been a huge part of the lives of the vast majority. unbelievers as a significant group is a new thing.

I don't have a problem with religion but I do have a problem with people using religion as a tool to help their objectives , scenes like the one above fill my heart with dread.

people praying for the President? how do you find that dreadful?

"it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God"

...but with God all things are possible.

I'm thrilled that our President respects people of faith and accepts their prayers. how is that a bad thing?

edit on 01032020 by ElGoobero because: add pic

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

The magic won't work if you're not religious so save yourself the bother but rest assured I'm not in turmoil , it seems that ended when Boris Johnson won a majority and set us on course to leave the EU in a few weeks... time will tell.

As for Trump , I reserve the right to comment on Trump and his contradictions as a citizen of the planet and member of this site.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yes, slop up the anti Iranian propaganda.

War hawks like you are what enables the neo liberal agenda to continue. Go bring democracy to the middle east some more.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

originally posted by: TrustedTruth

The magic won't work if you're not religious so save yourself the bother but rest assured I'm not in turmoil , it seems that ended when Boris Johnson won a majority and set us on course to leave the EU in a few weeks... time will tell.

As for Trump , I reserve the right to comment on Trump and his contradictions as a citizen of the planet and member of this site.

You definitely do have the right to disagree, we have free speech here, many millions of brave patriots died for you to have it...the same ones the far left call racist for defend their own countries drastic turn towards authoritarian communism & globalism being imposed against them now, just not sure why you support the far lefts desires to take that away while using it against their political opposition ?

You didn’t attack Trumps political policies though, which you should have, if your disagreement was political, you attacked a religious group, and then the character, and then a
Political group, while claiming those who point out the terror and wrong doings of Islam in the west are racist & fascist, but fail to question the ideology actually carrying out terrorism on a grand global scale

I’m not sure what type of political parlour tricks you’re attempting to play here, but they’re undoubtedly obvious, disingenuous and sinister in nature, much like the games previous communist or fascist regimes used to rise to power, you’re not trying to do it peacefully or democratically or by the rule of laws, you’re playing dirty and grabbing every ally you can no matter how terrible or much of a threat to national integrity, you’re literally willing to break everything to get your way

You could try that democratic lawful road, you could be peaceful Democratic honest, put forward your policy’s and let the electorate decide without the propaganda on the next election cycle, or you could continue your destructive path and set course for civil war?

You lot are extremely dangerous
edit on 4-1-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Dont evangelicals basically believe in armageddon in a literal sense?
I find it find of unsettling how trumps been boosting isreali relations, picking fights with iran and continues to pander to the fundis, is this some sort of sick vote grab for the gop?

Is it any more or less disturbing than greenies who believe in Climate Change armageddon in a literal sense? You can find a laundry list of those failed predictions at least as long and yet you have plenty of politicians running on a "Save the Earth!" because we'll all die in 20 ... no 15 ... no 12 years platform this year.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

I find it find of unsettling how trumps been boosting isreali relations, picking fights with iran and continues to pander to the fundis, is this some sort of sick vote grab for the gop?

Good

Then it’s kinda like far left /globalist mass immigration for votes program? what was you expecting a fair fight?

Kinda sick like...

Hey immigrant

You see our political opposition over there?

They’re all all racists and hate you

If you vote for us we’ll allow the rest of your family in

Just vote for us, we’ll stop it, here’s a house and benifits

See we’re nice and will ignore rape gangs rising crime and terrorism

Unhinged.

Yes, keep blaming 'them' the immigrants for all your troubles. Let the hate keep filling you up.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Is it any more or less disturbing than greenies who believe in Climate Change armageddon in a literal sense? You can find a laundry list of those failed predictions at least as long and yet you have plenty of politicians running on a "Save the Earth!" because we'll all die in 20 ... no 15 ... no 12 years platform this year.

The point is, Evangelicals actually believe bringing war to the middle east and watching some form of rising from the ashes scenario will bring in the new age.

Trump has been egging on Iran for a long time, and killed Saddam 2.0. Then goes and panders to the same people who WANT this sort of scenario to happen.

It's not a tit for tat thing, yea we know, climate change vote grabs blah blah, but it's not starting wars now is it? Climate change agenda doesn't have the end times in it's agenda, it doesn't want the end times.
edit on 4-1-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

power to destroy the world? how about power to keep the peace? how about power to defend this nation?

He has those too , shame he chooses not to exercise them.

then you disapprove of about 99% of the states and governments in world history? religion has always been a huge part of the lives of the vast majority. unbelievers as a significant group is a new thing.

There's a difference between Nation States having religion and being part of peoples lives but a line should be drawn between that and undue influence by religion , a country should be run for its people not its God.

people praying for the President? how do you find that dreadful?

Did you watch the video ?

I'm thrilled that our President respects people of faith and accepts their prayers.

He's doing it for the votes because he needs votes plus to try and counter Christianity Today magazine who had this to say last month.

Unfortunately, the words that we applied to Mr. Clinton 20 years ago apply almost perfectly to our current president. Whether Mr. Trump should be removed from office by the Senate or by popular vote next election—that is a matter of prudential judgment. That he should be removed, we believe, is not a matter of partisan loyalties but loyalty to the Creator of the Ten Commandments.
www.christianitytoday.com...

If he loses some of the evangelical vote that would be a problem for him.

edit on 4-1-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Correction.

The belief is more that the End Times come with and through catastrophic war in the Middle East, but you cannot *make* prophecy happen. That's God's to decide.

If Christians really thought war in the Middle East was the way to go, we would have voted en masse for Obama and then Hillary, but the flip side of the war coin is widespread persecution unto death all over the world for us ... no one wants that. So we didn't vote for them, did we? We saw the contempt and hostility they held along with the hostility and contempt, even hatred, the left holds.

If we voted for Trump, it was because while not being Christian exactly like us, he doesn't care how we believe or live our lives even to the point of letting us be who and what we are ... *gasp* even in the public spaces which is far more than the left will do these days.

When faced with that choice, there was no choice really. So Christians voted for Trump. And you see things like this. Not because we're trying to bring about Apocalypse although some may think it's on its way, and honestly attitudes like the ones displayed in this thread have as much to do with that as any war in the Middle East does.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

The basis of my identity is personal spiritual battle that is still ongoing. Don't want to get too far off topic so will leave it that.

I see what you are getting at though. A nation has a right to defend. But there seems to be collective war agenda that is being played here. It' seems to feed off aggression and one-way thinking. We should first try and do everything we can to break free from it.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   

War hawks like you are what enables the neo liberal agenda to continue. Go bring democracy to the middle east some more.

Have you got a better idea to stop Iran ?

Do you think Iran’s quest to dominate the region and attack US or NATO interests in the ME will disappear if the US and NATO just ignore Iran? limit their responses to clear aggression and attacks? I very very very much doubt that, it’s already been tried

Do you think it’s best to allow somebody who seeks to destroy you grow stronger and attack you indirectly via terror networks and proxy wars?

It’s that exact mindset, weak appeasement, people like you... who built FAILED STATES that were conquered by those you were weak on or tolerated, because you fail to see all humans have the same traits, and if you don't protect your interests you’ll lose them to ACTUAL WAR HAWKS who are hell bent on destroying US or EU interests and allies in the region with their own allies and for their own interests, when you lose them, you get weak

Nobody wants a fight or war buddy, sometimes you have no choice to defend yourself when somebody constantly attacks you and moves against you, even after Obama made his dumb deal, Iran continued to enrich uranium to weapons grade 93% claiming it was for medical use

The deal was broken and the obvious incentive was to become a nuclear power in the region, a nuclear power pushing against you, your allies, and interests

So the next question is do you think it’s bad enough now?, or will it be much much worse and dangerous with 3/4 nuclear powers in the ME region with a history of hatred towards each other? ?

Doing nothing just isn’t an option, and we all know a saying or to for that

Isn’t it bad enough with India and Pakistan’s potential nuclear exchange ?

Then we’ll have an even more likely Iran vs Israel nuclear exchange or a Saudis vs Iran nuclear exchange for which both have been locked into a ME Cold War for decades

The deal was to prevent the above not pretend you did something, spent a lot of money and had the same outcome

I don’t want to see another war, but I’m afraid Iran will only understand force and a strong push back/response, and a short conflict is far less damaging than a highly likely nuclear exchange later down the road, personally I’d like to see a nuke free planet or a strong solid workable defence against nuclear attacks, rendering them obsolete and a sigh of relief for the planet and mankind’s survival

Doing nothing about Iran is not the answer

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

I find this and evangelicals cringe worthy, creepy and cult like! I'm not anti God either, I come from a Catholic family, went to Church, went to Catholic School, pray every day of my life, But what always got to me is how they portray themselves and how they think of themselves, but then have this ugly nastiness about them, i've seen more empathy in a pebble than I have witnessed in a lot of religious folk in my life.

Coming from a catholic, a church that subjugated nations, empires and murdered many in Christ’s name, big call to bang on about evangelicals

Anyway, it repulses me that Trump is investing in these people, known for their greed and arrogance.
Religion and politics don’t mix, should never mix but, it’s the US so it’s to be expected

It’s interesting, Jesus was disappointed in the religious elite and never talked about politics and the oppressive Roman Empire

Yes, it’s a bit creepy but, the US was founded on Christian principles and they have served the US to a point it is an international power like none before

But as I said, politics and religion, not something that should be mixed

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

Good

Then it’s kinda like far left /globalist mass immigration for votes program? what was you expecting a fair fight?

Kinda sick like...

Hey immigrant

You see our political opposition over there?

They’re all all racists and hate you

If you vote for us we’ll allow the rest of your family in

Just vote for us, we’ll stop it, here’s a house and benifits

See we’re nice and will ignore rape gangs rising crime and terrorism

Unhinged.

Yes, keep blaming 'them' the immigrants for all your troubles. Let the hate keep filling you up.

Yes I’d agree, using mass immigration to destabilise nations is indeed an EXTREMELY UNHINGED attack by the far left & globalist power hungry elites

From what I’ve said above, that’s not directed at immigrants being used as pawns in a political game

Immigrants are welcome to come and live in western countries they’d like to become naturalised and part of, patriotism transcends race, it isn’t skin deep, it’s an idea and uniter

Your importing divisions, you’re a destroyer of peace, democracy, and the rule of law for your own dirty evil little game and agenda

Have a nice day mate 👍🏼

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
“To say no to President Trump would be saying no to God”

The literal words of his bat###% crazy spiritual adviser.

Go ahead, support this.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Sure.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'm not calling him a tyrant, but such as the perks an cons of politics as usual.

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider god-fearing and pious. On the other hand, they do less easily move against him, believing that he has the gods on his side.

Artistole

edit on 4-1-2020 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
“To say no to President Trump would be saying no to God”

The literal words of his bat###% crazy spiritual adviser.

Go ahead, support this.

"If tRump gets elected, we'll all die!" - Literal screech of All Leftist

I'd rather support religious fanatics who mean good over leftist NPCs 🤗

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: valiant

I find this and evangelicals cringe worthy, creepy and cult like! I'm not anti God either, I come from a Catholic family, went to Church, went to Catholic School, pray every day of my life, But what always got to me is how they portray themselves and how they think of themselves, but then have this ugly nastiness about them, i've seen more empathy in a pebble than I have witnessed in a lot of religious folk in my life.

Coming from a catholic, a church that subjugated nations, empires and murdered many in Christ’s name, big call to bang on about evangelicals

Yeah, I was talking about both Catholics and Christians from the second line in my post. Might wanna pipe down
and put your glasses on before you jump to reply with your snide next time.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

So 'weird' was your word?

Sounds like 'hate speech' to me.

Coming from a guy who says 'I don't have a problem with religion...' Wow, what are you afraid of man?

PRAYING FOR PRESIDENT TRUMP 24/7!

God Bless America!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join