It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Planes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I live in calgary alberta canada and l8ly I have seen werid planes that arnt like 747 they were really wide and moved really fastbut were kinda quite you could just here them

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
can you give us a bigger discription???
The closest plane I can think of would be cargo planes like An-124 An-225
C-5galaxy and IL-76 cause they are pretty wide, and how many engines did it have???

[edit on 8-3-2005 by JimmyCarterIsSmarter]

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
you mean like this?

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You mentioned that they were quiet, could you be more specific? What was the appx. altitude? Ect.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Could be a C-17 too...flying to Alaska or something...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I know what this guy is talking about! I live in Port Townsend Washington. Since the sightings above rainier, this area of the state is a hotbed for unexplained aircraft, etc. I personally hear aircraft at night that dont sound like a normal jet that drones by. These engines fade in and out like their doing cartwheels and barrel-rolls at once. There is an experimental aircraft base across the Puget sound at Whidbey Island, that have tested "triangular vector et" (i think thats the name) engines, that are so loud, you'd think you were right in front of a jet engine. Also, I've seen those remote control drone craft being flown at extremely low altitudes (low enough that you could snag a kite around it) that could APPEAR to be an odd shaped cargo plane, due to its altitude, and percetion thereof.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It was flying rather low to be cargo and it didnt make a sound and it was wide really wide it was as wide as it was long

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I also live in alberta and have been seeing strange planes but when I saw them they were really high

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by theonlyalf
It was flying rather low to be cargo and it didnt make a sound and it was wide really wide it was as wide as it was long

You mentioned as wide as it was long, are we talking solid the whole way (like a delta wing) or a very wide body with "standard" wing shape? Also, still trying to determine an altitude. Could you get a good description without binoculars, ect...?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Well i live on the other side of the atlantic..in Manchester, england.. and i've seen some pretty weird things around here.. i heard somewhere it's where people like BAE test there new planes out or something.

Anywho every tuesday night or so.. at about midnight.. i hear this really weird sounding aircraft circling.. it's not like a jet noise..or a propeller.. it's like a woooshing sound..it's really hard to describe.. and at times it goes really loud and sounds like a jet..with a booming noise.. and then the sound dissepears completley..then it comes back..

After a while i got sick of this and looked out of the window and i saw a weird shaped plane..true it was at night..so i couldn't make it out properley..but it didn't have any strobe lights on it..and there was one very faint white light on it.. In my opinion i think it was an unmanned vehicle..because it didn't look very big, also the engine noise was weird so who knows?

I also live near this big hill called winter hill, and theres 100's of sightings up there every year of weird triangles and stuff..and i remember in the newspaper a few years ago, someone photographed this weird triangle looking plane in the day!!! so it was really clear.. it looked like a cross between the space shuttle and normal aircraft..it was so weird.. and it was an uncanny resemblance to the white halo aircraft i think it's called.. the white triangle one? Some expert guy came in and actually said it's where the military do test flights or something.. Anywho..has anyone ever seen anything like these 2 aircraft before? i'll try and get a picture the next time it flys over.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I doubt it could have been a C5A Galaxy, since that behemoth is anything but quiet. I was on a beach in Campbell River, BC, when my bro and I heard this low drone that kept getting louder, and finally this albatross of an airplane, went by. They are really huge, very loud, making a low droning sound that precedes them by quite some time. This one was out over the ocean, and looked like it was going 50 mph, 50 feet off the waves. I know it wasn't but that was the impression I got at the time.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Wow! that must have been a sight!

Yeh it was far to small for that.. the only things that made it stand out are

1.The wooshing noise...like a sound of rushing air
2.It moved incredibley slowly, i don't think i've seen a plane go so slow before
3.It looked very small

[edit on 17-3-2005 by clashrock]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
It could be a prototype that uses a fanwing... Fan Wing

Check out the vids! it might sound like it, the fan wing is also capable of very very slow flight...it's also STOL (Short Take Off and Landing).

Why not try to make pictures or film a video? or atleast record the noise it makes, i'm sure it will be very interesting.

[edit, fixed link]

[edit on 17/3/2005 by GrOuNd_ZeRo]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thanks for that!

Interesting! it would definitley match the size of it! although according to the website they've not done any manned versions of it yet..

The sound was like an air rushing sound..but it was definitley bigger than the one in the video... at one point it was very loud..then the next it went almost silent.. and when it went silent i looked out and could see it.

I will definitley try and film it the next time it's there! and i'll record the sound as well!

I suppose it's entirley possible it's a bigger version of this aircraft, as the uk goverment has apparentley funded it!

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think clashrock, you said that you heard a low droning sound. Did this sound almost like a fog horn but lower-pitched and continuous? Because when I go out to the shore at night, sometimes I hear that sound. Thing is, I can tell where it's coming from since its so low pitched. Its because of this that I ruled out it being a Fog horn, since fog horns are meant to give the location of the ship setting the thing off. Also, last time I heard this sound, it became extremely foggy all of a sudden so I began heading back (its really dark on that beach). Then the sound stopped and the fog began to glow this greyish green color like it'd been extremely ionized. It glowed like this for about half a sec. then exploded into this band that stretched from one edge of the horizon (as far as I could tell in the fog) to the other. It shimmered like the northerns lights for about two seconds, then "snapped" back together and shot up into the sky like a hazy lightning bolt or something. I just remember something about one of the craft being electrochromatic, and i was wondering if the fog was charged by the HV current across the surface of the craft (if it was a craft at all). I know a bit about electrochromatic cloaking theories, and thats the only thing that could explain what I saw as far as i know

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Low droning and ionizing the air sounds like a B-2. But I don't know why it became foggy all of a sudden (if you were in an aircraft that charged the air or charged the surface of the aircraft, humidity of that magnitude would notbe something you would actively seek out).

jra

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well AN-124 tend to fly into Calgary every so often. Dropping of vehicles and what not to go to Suffield.

I'd highly doubt that there's something top secret and advanced flying around Calgary. My Dad lives in Calgary and is really into aircraft. I'll try and ask him if there has been anything interesting flying around lately, the next time I talk to him.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Glad to be of help Clashrock

I am looking forward to your finds...

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i've lived on an air base in El Paso, Texas, and I saw b-2 every once in a while. They are quite quiet but the low noise that they do make isn't as low as what I heard. aside from that, the intensity of the sound was louder and just suddenly stopped. I don't know about the fog thing either. we tend to get sudden blankets of fog because of the high winds around here. But what of the actual "visual" effect?

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The visual effect you discribe sounds a lot like ionization, but for the whole sky to be ionized like that would mean that there is some major electricity involved. The Aurora Borealis is in effect ionization of the ionosphere (roughly 60 to 600 km). The average Aurora Borealis releases nearly 1,000,000 megawatts of electricity in an auroral display.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join