It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Ambassador evacuated as Baghdad Embassy stormed by Pro-Iranian Militia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Dangerous situation kicking off in Baghdad with video's coming out of protesters or possible militia gathering at the US Embassy in Baghdad and breaking the walls.

twitter.com...

#BREAKING: News reports from #Baghdad in #Iraq suggest that violent Iraqi protesters are trying to storm the US Embassy. Sirens heard across the Green Zone. More details are awaited.

It's being reported US Personnel and the Ambassador were evacuated last night and the buildings empty. Is this the fabled Green Zone? If it is are they saying its up for the taking now? the Iraqi Police arent getting involved.. What a mess

Youtube has no live feeds and the only footage is an hour or so ago - looks somewhat peaceful.

edit on 31/12/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Get the staff out and then airstrike the area. Perfect opportunity to take out terrorists.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
AP makes it sound like there's US military there on the roof and gunfire reported

apnews.com...

BAGHDAD (AP) — Dozens of angry Iraqi Shiite militia supporters have broken into the U.S. embassy compound in Baghdad after smashing a door and storming inside, prompting tear gas and sounds of gunfire.

An Associated Press reporter at the scene saw flames rising from inside the compound and at least three U.S. soldiers on the roof of the embassy. It was not clear what caused the fire at the reception area near the parking lot of the compound. A man on a loudspeaker urged protesters not to enter the compound: “The message was delivered.”

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I guess the plumbing really is that bad!

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Get the staff out and then airstrike the area. Perfect opportunity to take out terrorists.

I didn't know that all protesters are terrorists and therefore need to be murdered via air strikes. Yes, that sounds like a perfectly proportionate response.
Not.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Are these US Soldiers?

protestors sure are close..

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   
If you look close enough you'll see a white US soldier in the reflection. That must be a terrifying sight, there's thousands of angry Iraqi militia on the other side of the glass and they will cut your head off if they got you. Your leaders have been evacuated and you're waiting for reinforcements, or escape!

There's US Troops still there and the militia's are breaking in. This could be another Benghazi, the Iraqi's are sitting by as militia take the GreenZone.

twitter.com...

Sunset is in 3hours...

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:04 AM
link   
My prayers go out to the soldiers. I pray the situation can be resolved peacefully.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

These people are angry because of airstrikes slaughtering their fellow citizens indiscriminatley and you feel the solution is an airstrike?

Fascinating

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

That is just sick and twisted...

Not all people in the area are terrorists.

Put yourself in their situation (the innocents tangled up in this crap fest all in the name of « cough » freedom)

Lags

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

I never really post on here but this lunacy prompted me to sign in.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I don't believe this government will accept another Benghazi. Now let me hear some stupid democrats blaming Trump.

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I would vote for airstrikes before a single American is harmed. That embassy also cost us 750 million. Would you allow "protestors" to destroy 4 or 5 of our f-22s? Being an embassy, this is an attack on American soil and should be seen and reacted to as such.

*BTW* These are Iranian militia supporters so don't try to spin the truth about them being "protestors".

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

Walk a mile in another mans shoes,what would your proportionate response be to a foreign occupying force bombing your town? are Iraqi lives less valuable than American lives?

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Being an embassy, this is an attack on American soil and should be seen and reacted to as such.

Attack on US soil anywhere in the world is an act of war against the US.
Or any country for that matter

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win

Walk a mile in another mans shoes,what would your proportionate response be to a foreign occupying force bombing your town? are Iraqi lives less valuable than American lives?

One can protest , jut not by attacking another countries embassy.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   

So to save the embassy we need to bomb it? I think you may want to refresh yourself on what airstrikes actually are.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Iraqi's sending forces to secure area - apparently

twitter.com...

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tim2win

I spent 14 months in Iraq and even more time in Afghanistan. Those men and women protecting the embassy mean more than those destroying it. I've walked more than my fair share of miles in their boots and my concern for them eclipses my concern for those trying to make their way into our embassy by force.

Edit* Yes, while I value all life I value the lives of Americans above others. I make no apologies or excuses for my stance on the matter, either.
edit on 31-12-2019 by Anathros because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join