It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millions Dead, Nuclear War, & Sunken Major Cities By 2020

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If Koalas had fortune tellers, they may had stuck it lucky.
edit on 000000120911129America/Chicago28 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I wonder what al gore is doing these days. He should have made his ladder much longer.a reply to: Dr UAE

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Didn't effing happen.

eesc.columbia.edu...

Those two clowns got so much WRONG.

' The purpose of this report is to think the unimaginable'.

Climate alarmists are so full of SNIP.

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
eesc.columbia.edu...

United States. Colder, windier, and drier weather makes growing seasons shorter
and less productive throughout the northeastern United States, and longer and drier
in the southwest. Desert areas face increasing windstorms, while agricultural areas
suffer from soil loss due to higher wind speeds and reduced soil moisture. The
change toward a drier climate is especially pronounced in the southern states.
Coastal areas that were at risk during the warming period remain at risk, as rising
ocean levels continues along the shores. The United States turns inward, committing
its resources to feeding its own population, shoring-up its borders, and managing the
increasing global tension.

I wonder why they don't take in to account advances in atmospheric water generation/water filtration, and indoor vertical gardening. Factory indoor farming.

Famine my arse.

China. China, with its high need for food supply given its vast population, is hit hard
by a decreased reliability of the monsoon rains. Occasional monsoons during the
summer season are welcomed for their precipitation, but have devastating effects as
they flood generally denuded land. Longer, colder winters and hotter summers
caused by decreased evaporative cooling because of reduced precipitation stress
already tight energy and water supplies. Widespread famine causes chaos and
internal struggles as a cold and hungry China peers jealously across the Russian and
western borders at energy resources.

China wouldn't give a rats arse if over half of their 1.5 billion citizen would die. See the wonder of communist regimes. I doubt they'd attack Russia. Just means they'd have less mouths to feed.

In this world of warring states, nuclear arms proliferation is inevitable. As cooling
drives up demand, existing hydrocarbon supplies are stretched thin. With a scarcity
of energy supply – and a growing need for access -- nuclear energy will become a
critical source of power, and this will accelerate nuclear proliferation as countries
develop enrichment and reprocessing capabilities to ensure their national security.
China, India, Pakistan, Japan, South Korea, Great Britain, France, and Germany will
all have nuclear weapons capability, as will Israel, Iran, Egypt, and North Korea.

So in this bull crap scenario.

The go to answer is NUKES ?

In what world does that make sense.

If the climate is inhospitable. You'd make it even more so?

Absolute MORONS.
edit on 29-12-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I'm just trying to figure out how I can make money from the climate change. I think the alarmist market is a little too saturated, but if I could find a way to Lex Luther the situation and buy a bunch of land that is worthless desert now but might get a lot more rain again soon, or speculate in some not quite beachfront property but will be in the near future, that might be worth looking into. Thawing tundra property on sale?

It's an ill, climate change driven wind that doesn't blow somebody some good.

posted on Dec, 31 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Did you even read the report? First paragraph

‘Imagining the Unthinkable
The purpose of this report is to imagine the unthinkable – to push the boundaries of current research on climate change so we may better understand the potential implications on United States national security.
We have interviewed leading climate change scientists, conducted additional research, and reviewed several iterations of the scenario with these experts. The scientists support this project, but caution that the scenario depicted is extreme in two fundamental ways. First, they suggest the occurrences we outline would most likely happen in a few regions, rather than on globally. Second, they say the magnitude of the event may be considerably smaller.
We have created a climate change scenario that although not the most likely, is plausible, and would challenge United States national security in ways that should be considered immediately.’

I love a good story like the next person and yes there’s plenty to challenge about climate change but friend your not helping by posting such misleading and click baiting bullocks such as this, it honestly took less then 2 min to disprove your claims

posted on Jan, 2 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So... I work in a city built on landfill which is sinking.

I say that because when we get a lot of rain, especially mixed with melting snow, my building actually gets shut down and we have to evacuate, because the surrounding area floods. I mean over 5' of water. Funny part is we are about 2 miles from the actual ocean lol. It's the drains and sewers, there is no place for excess water to go and having already sunk below sea level, it just floods. This wasn't the case even just a few years ago. No flooding.

Two things about climate change.

One, why do people fight so hard against it. I mean even if all of the doom and gloom ever predicted about global warming and harming the environment were totally false, why is it such a bad thing to want to take care of your home?
Do you treat your own home like #? No! why would you? Why is it such a bad idea to keep your house clean and healthy?

Two, the problem is that everyone expects some big epic disaster, like they see in the movies. In reality it's a slow processes, so slow in fact that we don't even recognize it until it's too late.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join