It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Says Trump Finances Must Remain Private Until it Rules in June 2020.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Once again you assume without knowing.

I feel the same way about Obama as you do about Trump.
The difference is there is evidence for why I feel as I do about Obama.
You choose to find evidence that is not really there to support your feelings about Trump.

To prompt your response: Tell me all about why you hate Bill Clinton (proudly unethical (proven affair) and criminal (lying to congress)), he was the last president to be impeached before Trump.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
What do you mean by that?

Made no sense to me either, although I don't think Trump is a ultranationalist per se...at best, he's a would be Dictator owned by other dictatorial nations, and without any virtue for the country he is in charge of.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I don’t like Bill Clinton because he was proven to have lied to the American public. I didn’t like Obama because of his use of the drone program. Which by the way Donald Trump handed over to the CIA for the express purpose of less accountability.

Donald Trump released the evidence against himself, and him and the rest of the GOP act like because they’re making it public, it isn’t criminal or unethical.

Because of partisan politics, you choose to believe them.

I think that the simple act of lying to the public should get a President impeached and removed from office. It seems like somewhere along the line everyone has lost any expectation of ethical behavior by the President.
edit on 13-12-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-12-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I hope you would agree we a having civil discourse.

You are suggesting Trump releasing a transcript that doesn't have a quid pro quo, and the president of Ukraine publicly stating he never felt a quid pro quo somehow proves there was enough evidence of what criminality or unethical concern?

You added:

I think that the simple act of lying to the public should get a President impeached and removed from office. It seems like somewhere along the line everyone has lost any expectation of ethical behavior by the President.

I would be OK with this if it extended to all elected officials, and it was specific to blatant lies and not hyperbole. Hyperbole is a legitimate use of language.

edit on 13-12-2019 by randomtangentsrme because: They added more; I added more

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Why don’t you all want him to release his financial records? You could close the book on most everything, the Russia thing, a lot of things the left accuses him of. In one fell swoop.

And that would be it. You’d have something to rub in the Democrats face from now until the cows come home.

That is, unless you don’t really believe your own spiel about how ethical of a person he is...
The book is already closed on every single thing the left has accused him of

I think our basket is overflowing already wth things to rub in dEmocrats faces

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

quid pro quo
/ˌkwid ˌprō ˈkwō/
noun
a favor or advantage granted or expected in return for something.

“I’d like you to do us a favor..”

It’s there. Whether you choose to see that or not is on you. And even if the literal definition of quid pro quo changed, what Donald Trump was doing is a violation of congress’ power of the purse. 18 USC 601.

And not only that, he’s been in violation of the emoluments clause of the constitution since the day he took office. Even going as far to call that part of the constitution “phony”. Which makes it all the more imperative the American public is able to see what he obviously is fighting to hide.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Do us a favor...

"Us"???

Could us be the United States?

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Why don’t you all want him to release his financial records? You could close the book on most everything, the Russia thing, a lot of things the left accuses him of. In one fell swoop.

And that would be it. You’d have something to rub in the Democrats face from now until the cows come home.

That is, unless you don’t really believe your own spiel about how ethical of a person he is...

In this nation one has a right to be secure in their effects paoers ect.
Bill of rights jack
You should read it.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Yes, I’m pretty sure that’s what he meant. It’s not a stretch by any means to state that he believes him staying President is in the best interest of the United States.

That doesn’t make what he did ethical. And it doesn’t change anything else.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ya!!! Just in time to come up with a great October surprise I bet!!

First they eliminate any possibility of someone contesting him in the primary, then they stall and drag all this out as long as they can.

If they are wrong, and there are serious problems with trump they are practically giving the next election to the dems if they fail to stall till election day.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

quid pro quo
/ˌkwid ˌprō ˈkwō/
noun

It’s there. Whether you choose to see that or not is on you. And even if the literal definition of quid pro quo changed, what Donald Trump was doing is a violation of congress’ power of the purse. 18 USC 601.

And not only that, he’s been in violation of the emoluments clause of the constitution since the day he took office. Even going as far to call that part of the constitution “phony”. Which makes it all the more imperative the American public is able to see what he obviously is fighting to hide.

Quid pro quo:
Asking for something for reward. Just asking for something is not quid pro quo.

Emoluments clause:
www.britannica.com...

Nothing to do with running a business, everything to do with receiving favors from foreign entities for favors advantageous to said foreign entities.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Bill of rights jack
You should read it.

The American people should also be able to know whether or not the President of the United States is involved in anything illegal, or anything that would make him beholden to foreign nations. That’s the value of financial records. A person or news source can spin and flavor a lot of stories, but hard financial data is hard financial data. It says what it says.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Bill of rights jack
You should read it.

The American people should also be able to know whether or not the President of the United States is involved in anything illegal, or anything that would make him beholden to foreign nations. That’s the value of financial records. A person or news source can spin and flavor a lot of stories, but hard financial data is hard financial data. It says what it says.

Even better than financial records are years of criminal investigations that lead to no charges on the President to prove innocence.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Why do people think that there would be anything on Trump's tax returns showing anything illegal? Do you think there are checks signed by Putin? If there was anything on his taxes, it would have been leaked long ago.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

quid pro quo
/ˌkwid ˌprō ˈkwō/
noun

Quid pro quo:
Asking for something for reward. Just asking for something is not quid pro quo.

Emoluments clause:
www.britannica.com...

Nothing to do with running a business, everything to do with receiving favors from foreign entities for favors advantageous to said foreign entities.

Trump has received lucrative Chinese licensing since he became President. Before meeting him heads of foreign states have booked entire wings of his hotels without a person staying in them. It’s a known thing that that’s how you get on his good side. You pay him. So that’s what foreign leaders have been doing. In round about and obvious ways.

Foreign governments seeking favor through paying the President or offering him gifts is the exact thing the emoluments clause of the constitution is there to prevent.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Bill of rights jack
You should read it.

Even better than financial records are years of criminal investigations that lead to no charges on the President to prove innocence.

Absolutely TOP LEVEL non-stop ultra-partisan Criminal investigations.

For YEARS!

And............ZILCH

“But but his tax returns reeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

His taxes are 100% above board. Guaranteed.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MachineMan

Why do people think that there would be anything on Trump's tax returns showing anything illegal?

Because he’s fighting so hard to hide them. Because of his 8 figure loan through a Russian money laundering bank he never had to pay back. Because of his use of common money laundering schemes like the one where a Russian oligarch bought a property from him for millions of dollars over the asking price.

Just to name a few. An innocent person doesn’t fight all the way to the Supreme Court not to release documents that could prove his innocence.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

You mean his sons and his CFO.
www.forbes.com...

He has pulled himself out of direct control of his businesses.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Bill of rights jack
You should read it.

Absolutely TOP LEVEL non-stop ultra-partisan Criminal investigations.

For YEARS!

And............ZILCH

“But but his tax returns reeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

His taxes are 100% above board. Guaranteed.

I wouldn't bet on anyone's taxes being 100% above board. I suspect most would err in favor of the Government.

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

He has pulled himself out of direct control of his businesses.

Is there any evidence of this? Why would heads of state curry favor with him through patronizing his businesses if it didn’t work?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join