It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Peacock Spider's Christmas

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
For anyone who knows me, they have heard my story about 'the spider dance'. That's when I see a spider, start screaming ,jumping up and down and flailing my arms about like some mad woman who needs a room at the nearest mental facility. LOL

So yeah, usually I'm terrified of the darned things, but this video was actually cute. So, enjoy the spider's Christmas.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

each and everyone one of them wants to crawl inside your ears at night and lay their eggs, so that you have hundreds of spider babies running out your ears on christmas day!

j/k, it was a cute video. now to get some ear plugs.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Nope, they are still creepy, sinister, evil plotting little nightmares and want to take over the world .... *shudders*

cute though ..... but evil!

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormson

each and everyone one of them wants to crawl inside your ears at night and lay their eggs, so that you have hundreds of spider babies running out your ears on christmas day!

j/k, it was a cute video. now to get some ear plugs.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: valiant

LOL! Yup!

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Hmmmm, spiders! Don't mind them myself. I have many coming in everyday now since the fires. Big ones. Tarantula size. They crab across the walls and are difficult to catch. Generally I catch them in a Tupperware container, scrape across the wall and place the lid on.

No matter what I do to release them they get eaten. From the side of a tree, magpies and butcher birds swoop and gobble them up. Under the house the geese and wild roosters reign. Nothing like a good spider for breakfast. Poor dears, they just want a bit of sanctuary.

I took to walking down into the charred remains of trees mit spider in container. The crows followed me. Went down to the dam. The geese and ducks followed me.

So, I've taken to tipping the blighters into burnt out stump and post holes. Least ways this arachnid fauna has got a chance.

It's amazing the native birds can see and know exactly what I'm doing. I wish I could let them live in peace in the house if only for a short time but alas the family thinks other wise.

Don't mind spiders except when i walk into an orb Spider web. Then I get all girly.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I don't mind spiders either. These ones are pretty cute.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: bally001

Hmmmm, spiders! Don't mind them myself. I have many coming in everyday now since the fires. Big ones. Tarantula size. They crab across the walls and are difficult to catch.

That's just #ing terrifying! ...excuse my french.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Tarantula sized? Oh...my...god!

I would love to be able to be kind to all living things, but if they are in my home or too close to me, WHAM! I do apologize afterward though.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant

I know, right?

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I often get chastised by the wife about spiders, and just about every critter/bug else I see/find.

I usually dive on or "stalk" on the offending creature, catch it, then stare at it while telling it "your fine, I'm not going to squish you".

Then after getting told "Get that out of here!" "Now!" I take whatever it is outside and apologize to it about the wife not really being mean, she's just scared of you.

The neighbors probably think I'm insane.

Except for the Dobson flies.

Those damn things are UGLY!

edit on 8-12-2019 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

Hahaha!

Some insects I like, but spiders and mosquitos and such I can't stand.

posted on Dec, 8 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Yup, mosquitos and flies are insufferable.

But I'm in Wisconsin.
The mosquito is our state bird.

Oh, and if you've never seen a Dobson fly, look them up.
Warning: they are huge and the stuff of nightmares.

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

"The mosquito is our State bird." Ahahaha!

I'll look up that fly later. My cat decided to wake me up too early this morning and I'm only on my first cup of coffee.

ETA Ok, I looked it up. That is a weird looking insect!

edit on 11-12-2019 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Don't mind spiders except when i walk into an orb Spider web

The old orb web spider dance , yes i remember it well . Early morning , bright sunlight out near the Nullarbor (Barton) . Strong webs as well , could stop a small bird .

posted on Dec, 11 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Hi Hutch!

Yikes, that would freak me out! Lol

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Don't mind spiders except when i walk into an orb Spider web

The old orb web spider dance , yes i remember it well . Early morning , bright sunlight out near the Nullarbor (Barton) . Strong webs as well , could stop a small bird .

Don't get me wrong. The web does my mind in. If I'm, hummin goin to the chook shed, skip in my toe, nothin. absolutely
nothin freaks me out than walking into an orb spider web. Twistin, turning and yellin at truey who's laughin at me. I'm a spastic when it comes to walkin into large webs. Not funny. Bout as funny as a 'big huntsman' crabbing across the walls .
Those I can handle and truey freaks out.

Works both ways.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

LOL!

posted on Dec, 12 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

Orb spiders. The webs are my weakness; Try walkin into one. When you twist and turn it's like alien the movie. Funny isn't it. I can stop the spooks in the house amid girly screams. But, crikey. Bounce offan Orb Spider web it's a feature out of the aussie movie "Yeah Nah".

Kind regards,

Bally

top topics

<<   2 >>

join