It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The first ghost I ever saw, I played with…

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The first ghost I ever saw, I played with… I thought she was real.

I am a twin. Of a boy/girl combo twin set. We were 5, maybe 6, at the time and we were at the last barn dance I ever heard of in Minnesota - a friend of family invited my family up to spend the weekend. It was an awesome sight for a kid.

The barn was turned into a warm, musical place filled with cheer. I remember the lights, and music, and booze the adults were drinking. The grownups legs were warm to the touch, as they whirled about. I went in and out of the dancers. They let the little ones be, so, we had free range.

That was when I met her, a little girl like my twin… with long brown hair. She wanted to play hide and seek among the dancers. I thought that was great and I got my twin sister involved. I played with the little girl in and out of the dancers, and that was the evening; me and my twin and this little, other, girl.

The next day I met the little girl again. She came out of the barn and played with me in the mud of the barnyard until, my Mom and twin sister asked me to go berry picking. When I said I wanted to go, the little girl yelled at me.. called me names, then ran into the barn.

At first I was mad. I was sensitive about my weight and she teased me. Then I felt bad and ran after her. When I would almost reach her she would suddenly be far ahead… and thus we went around the barn yard, the pig sty, the far edge - nearer to the crops… I never caught her.

I don’t remember much past that save we left. I do remember running into the house asking the women in the kitchen where the the little girl was and I was roundly kicked outside… For a kid… that sucked… I sat outside until my Mom and sister got back.

I always thought that was real until, a few years ago. 40 years later. I was talking to my twin sister about the last barn dance we ever remembered. When I brought up the little girl that was when my twin told me.. she never saw a little girl.

She never saw her. At first she thought it was make believe, then it became something different. That was why my Mom and sister were trying to get me to go berry picking.

Because my twin never saw her.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Newt22

It would be cool to find out the history of the place and if a little girl died in that area.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I can't say much to the story you just wrote, but I can say, it was a pleasure to read.

Whoever the girl was, ghost, or not.. she inspired you.

Shame all I have are demons to inspire me... darkness is best kept for less purposeful writing.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Sad but beautiful experience, then again perhaps very happy as she does not sound to have been miserable in any way, this may not have been a ghost in the usual sense but a guardian angel since you were ready to explore, had she not been there who knows were you may have ended up that night.

Though I have done my utmost to block them out the only spirit's I have ever seen have been mist (ranging up to being that shone brightly but illuminated nothing around them) and shadow form's, smoke like one's tended to be on the good side and the shadow one's were mostly malign but I shall not get into that as to those that have not experienced it is very unbelievable and for me the whole thing as mostly nightmarish (of course if I did see living like beings how would I have known, other than some strange occurrences such as a tall thin man I had to the best of my knowledge never seen before in my life whom seemed to know me even to my name - which has had me wondering for many years - I guess I could have seen more than I realize).

For me the whole experience was more like I was somehow divided, part of me somewhere else seeing in another reality though only partially while my physical body was here, some spirit's can be extremely nasty and evil so I am happy you have not met such creatures.
edit on 1-12-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Very interesting story. The little girl ghost reminded me of a story I heard on a C2C radio show.
The browser on this phone won't let me paste a link, sorry.

Go to YouTube and search 'Creepy border patrol stories". The full tag has "things that go bump in the night" or something like that.
The clip is about 24 minutes long.

There is a story about border agents seeing the ghost of a little girl late at night. It's very, very eerie!

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Plot twist...

You had a twin as a kid, but she passed away.. your parents decided not to involve you.. you where to young, and just make up a story that you must be seeing things.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Sad but beautiful experience, then again perhaps very happy as she does not sound to have been miserable in any way, this may not have been a ghost in the usual sense but a guardian angel since you were ready to explore, had she not been there who knows were you may have ended up that night.

Somehow, I'm doubting that a "guardian angel" would yell at him, make fun of his weight, or call him names.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

So why were you "kicked outside" for asking that question?

Cheers

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: LABTECH767

Somehow, I'm doubting that a "guardian angel" would yell at him, make fun of his weight, or call him names.

You have not met MY family, sometimes it is done with good intent, though likely if it was just the ghost of a child she was upset because her new playmate was going away.

There is such a thing as TOO tender to be good or to put it another way being nice to people is not always what is good for them.
Sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As always I will remain sceptical on any ghost story which relies on recalling a memory from decades ago. Especially a memory from childhood. Cool story though, told nicely. I could easily imagine myself among the legs during the party.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

It would be cool to find out the history of the place and if a little girl died in that area.

That is what I am thinking. My family and the other family are still in touch. Wondering if I should take drive... I know one thing. The family relatives (I think it was their Grandma's place) that were in the kitchen got MAD... real old school Polish MAD... Kicked me out. All but threw potatoes they were cutting up for salad at me.

However, the eldest daughter was our (my twin and I) baby-sitter and she is a cool person. She still lives up there.

You have to tread lightly with these things.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Plot twist...

You had a twin as a kid, but she passed away.. your parents decided not to involve you.. you where to young, and just make up a story that you must be seeing things.

I did have a brother that never made it to birth. We were also preemies and barely made it either, but, strangely enough both my sister and I understood we had a brother that didn't make it.

But that is for another time. When we asked my Mom where Daniel was?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
As always I will remain sceptical on any ghost story which relies on recalling a memory from decades ago. Especially a memory from childhood. Cool story though, told nicely. I could easily imagine myself among the legs during the party.

The funny thing is, I never knew her as a ghost. I thought she was real. I was talking to my sister about that last barn we remember.. When I brought up the little girl. That was when my twin told me, she never saw her. We started matching notes and now I realize she didn't.

For one thing the little girl kept tagging me and not my sister, which made my twin sister angry that night, so, I made sure to tag her and the little girl equally through-out the evening. My sister of course, just tagged her brother.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Your twin could not see the ghost... ... but was angry that she wasn’t getting tagged by the ghost she couldn’t see.

Either I misunderstood your post or you just blew the story wide open.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

My twin thought I was playing a game of tag with her, and some imaginary girl. So lets just think about it a minute.

When the little ghost girl was 'it' I was trying to keep away from her... and thus was next to my twin sister, or close... The little ghost girl always tagged me - never my sister. Thus, I would tag my sister right away then run... she was mad - I wasn't playing right.

But that was not all..We were 5-6, and allowed to play among the adults, in a Barn, at night, with all the dancing and Viva E ' Doce. She was going with the flow - I never knew.

I never knew she was not visible to my sister - we played imaginary games almost exclusively... this was way before video games.

edit on 1-12-2019 by Newt22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Newt22
I don’t remember much past that save we left. I do remember running into the house asking the women in the kitchen where the the little girl was and I was roundly kicked outside…

Your answer is in your own recollection here -- there's a tie to that family. I'd investigate that and go from there, because you obviously struck a nerve. They probably had a young relative die out there (freeze in the midst of a blizzard, drown in the pond if they have one, illness, etc)
edit on 12/1/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Your answer is in your own recollection here -- there's a tie to that family. I'd investigate that and go from there, because you obviously struck a nerve. They probably had a young relative die out there (freeze in the midst of a blizzard, drown in the pond if they have one, illness, etc)

That is the thing... they were mad... It actually was a little surprising. Also, the little girl started and ended in the barn. I wonder, in hindsight, if she didn't have a mishap in the barn? It was one of those standard midwestern ships stuck on land.. Cathedral like, made for multiple animals, huge loft - perfect for a rope swing kind of barn.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I never used to believe in ghosts or anything occult but now I believe anything is possible. I may have seen a ghost but this woman looked flesh and bones real, I was out for a meal and this woman walked past she was stout and I can't remember what she was wearing but she looked at me and smiled and I smiled back and she went into the toilet area behind me, the owber then came to take our order then went away and I said to the person I was with after a while that the lady was spending a long time in the toilet as she would have to walk by us again and she hadn't, so after a little while longer I was like a bit concerned that maybe she was in trouble or something so I went to the toilet to investigate and there was nobody there and no way out. I was amazed and had no answer for what happened, funny thing is she only smiled at me and not my partner at the time. As if she wasn't there.
Makes me feel happy though, that a ghost may have smiled at me. Wish I could meet her again.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Did yous touch at all, you said you were playing with her but was there any physical contact?
edit on 1-12-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I did have a brother that never made it to birth. We were also preemies and barely made it either, but, strangely enough both my sister and I understood we had a brother that didn't make it.

But that is for another time. When we asked my Mom where Daniel was?

Ooooh, make a thread about it! I would love to hear more!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join