It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where have we seen the Navy Tic Tac UFO before...In Denver!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: 727Sky

Most people talking about "swamp gas" are the ones that believe all UFOs are extraterrestrial craft, I don't remember seeing a sceptic using swamp gas as a possibility in a very long time.

Correct because the explanation was so ludicrous that the debunkers had to come up with something else like bugs to close to the camera etc etc.. I will take the word of Favor and the crewmen on what they saw and tracked with some very sophisticated equipment not just their mark two issued eyeballs... The Denver sightings and camera work is just a side blip so whether it is or whether it is not is someone else's problem as I was not there and making the claim it really is like the Tic Tac spotted by the carrier group. Still interesting so S&F for the Op.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

The Denver ufos are bugs.

Is your assignment to devalue the navy videos by linking them to known bug videos?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1.

Probably, the location isn't coincidental.

"American global power relies on intelligence gathered by three huge satellite surveillance facilities.

The first is "Buckley Airforce Base", in Denver, Colorado

Buckley Air Force Base

Buckley Air Force Base is assigned to "Air Force Space Command" and serves more than 92,000 active duty.

Buckley AFB supports air operations, space-based missile warning capabilities, space surveillance operations, space communications operations and installation support functions.

In late 2016, the Air Force approved an upgraded version of the "Space-Based Infrared System" (SBIRS) ground system from "Lockheed Martin". The newly-improved system will strengthen the constellation's efforts in delivering critical infrared data for defense purposes.

The Block 10 system includes the implementation of speedier collection times in detecting potential threats and will be located at the SBIRS Mission Control Station at Buckley AFB.

In Homeland Preparedness News, a"Lockheed Martin" spokesman said,

"With the Block 10 upgrade, the mission-critical data supplied by SBIRS is now being managed from a single ground control station, which is not only cost-efficient, but also more effective in providing our Air Force operators with the ability to characterize threats and quickly provide that information to military commanders deployed around the globe".

In addition, a $141 million facility for the "National Security Agency" is planned on the base, which will provide space for 850 people whose offices are now in temporary buildings.

Buckley is home to a large contingent of secretive agencies, including the NRO ADF-Colorado noted above, the "National Security Agency", "Army", "Navy", "Air Force and Marine intelligence and information units"; and "Marine and Coast Guard cryptologic units"."

whoruntheworldtoday.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

FOX31 & CHANNEL 2, updated 03:05 PM, January 30, 2013.

"INSECT EXPERT: UFOs OVER DENVER NOT BUGS; IMAGES ON VIDEO REMAIN A MYSTERY

"The top 3 answers we have received are: remote-controlled aircraft, military drones or insects.

A remote-controlled aircraft seems like a possible explanation, but the man who shot the video has spent several days in the area near 56th Ave. and Clay St. where the UFOs appear to be launching and landing.

He hasn’t seen anyone flying a remote-controlled toy, nor have any of the neighbors.

Aviation expert Steve Cowell also suspected we had captured military drones until he watched the video, “I don’t think it’s a drone,” he said. He has never seen an unmanned aircraft that flies so erratically.

In order to fly drones, the FAA must issue a certificate of authorization. The FAA has issued hundreds of COAs to the University of Colorado to fly drones north of Boulder, but it says no drones are authorized to fly over the Denver metro area.

But by far the most popular theory is bugs. Many of you wrote to tell us the object in our video is most likely a fly.

We showed the footage to entomologist, or insect expert, Mart Ann Hamilton. “This is a toughie. I’ve never seen anything like this,” she said.

Hamilton watched the video over and over again, then she gave us her professional opinion. “After watching the various shots, I do not believe it’s an insect. The shape is inconsistent with an insect,” she said."

kdvr.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

And what about the speed?

FOX31 & CHANNEL 2, Updated 02:58 PM, January 30, 2013.

MILE HIGH MYSTERY: UFO SIGHTINGS IN SKY OVER DENVER

"He said, “The flying objects appear around noon or 1:00 p.m. at least a couple of times a week.” The strangest part is they are flying too fast to see with the naked eye, but when we slowed down the video, several UFOs appear.

We altered the color contrast to make it easier to see. You can take a look for yourself by watching the video clip.

We wanted to verify the video we saw was legitimate and not doctored in any way. So our photojournalist set up his camera in the same spot and shot video from just before noon until just after 1:00 p.m. He also captured something unexplained on video.

Aviation expert Steve Cowell is a former commercial pilot, instructor and FAA accident prevention counselor.

He thought he would have a logical explanation until he watched the video. “That is not an airplane, that is not a helicopter, those are not birds, I can’t identify it,” he said. He also told us the objects are not insects.

He said he knows of no aircraft that flies as fast. He did tell us there is one other possibility. “Perhaps there's some sort of debris that is being raised up by some of the atmospheric winds.”

But in his professional opinion, “As it fits the definition, it's an unidentified flying object.”"

kdvr.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The aviation expert interviewed who said it was flying too fast to be any known craft is making the incorrect assumption that the object MUST have been far from the camera (as far away as those distant hills, for example).

He has no way of knowing that. Granted, if it was that far away, then it covered a distance of a km or two in just an instant, so it would have been moving fast.

However, if the object was close to the camera (say a bug flying 5 or 10 or so feet in front of the camera), then it was only covering a distance of a few yards/meters while zipping across the screen, which some bugs can do.

This guy might be an aviation expert (i.e., maybe he knows planes), but he certainly does not seem to be an expert in analyzing video, considering his assumption about the distance to the object.

edit on 12/1/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Most people fall for that speed problem, assuming either size or distance when they know neither.

What I find surprising (or not) is that nobody ever tries the easiest experiment to see how far the objects were: put two cameras side by side, pointing in the same direction but with a small difference. That simple set up would show, by the difference in the resulting videos, if the object was close (appearing only on one camera or clearly first in one camera and then on the other) or far away (in which case it would appear to be in the same position in both cameras).

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

The only problem with your camera experiment would be the spontaneous nature of the phenomenon and the rush that ensues to get pictures.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

The Denver man supposedly filmed it several times, usually at the same hour.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Is your assignment to devalue the navy videos by linking them to known bug videos?

I didn't know that you are an entomologist.
You should contact the entomologist that KDVR interviewed
and compare notes. When your done contacting her, please reply with a detailed
note.

.....crickets
.....crickets.....

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Doubling down I see.

These bugs have been talked about a lot in the past, right here on ATS.

They’re bugs.

The entomologist couldn’t identify them because they’re blurry dots. Pretty simple.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

I didn't know that you are an entomologist.
You should contact the entomologist that KDVR interviewed
and compare notes. When your done contacting her, please reply with a detailed
note.

.....crickets
.....crickets.....

Like Chadwickus said, there is no was to identify the bugs because they are just zipping across the frame. However, not knowing what kind of bug it is does not negate the idea that the object could very easily be bugs flying close (or relatively close) to the camera.

Might they be craft far away from the camera moving at speeds impossible for any know craft? Sure, that's still within the realm of possibility (i.e., the videos do not DISprove that idea). However, the idea that they are bugs close to the camera is a very plausible one and shouldn't be disregarded just because that's too mundane and not as cool.
edit on 12/1/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

I was looking at Drudge and they are running a story about the snake UFOs that have been sighted. The Central American cultures had the Queztacoal snake god. What if this was what they saw and depicted as a God? Have the extraterrestrials that pilot them returned to Earth? And you have the elongated heads of mummies of South America which may tie in with them. I'm going to research that.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Doubling down I see.

These bugs have been talked about a lot in the past, right here on ATS.

They’re bugs.

The entomologist couldn’t identify them because they’re blurry dots. Pretty simple.

No sir, I am not doubling down, I'm only calling you out on your ignorance. If you would have taken the time to view all 3 of the videos, you would have understood that the videos show this UAP coming from the west over the Rockies, descending down to the Clay St. area, and continue to lower itself through the trees, to the ground.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Looks like bugs to me as well. I am open to other possibilities, but they move like bugs close to the camera. I suppose real video analysis is needed to know for sure.

Also it doesn't seem to move like the tic tac videos, or appear to be the same object, but it's infrared vs visual so it's hard to say.

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

All I can say, is that there are people who think that the object filmed was a bug.

Those are bugs. Insects. Insects flying around in front of the camera. Insects that can hover, change direction, zip away. Insects that look like blobs because they’re close to the camera, which was set to focus on infinity. Insects which were lit by the Sun so they flash a bit when they change direction.

the reporter, talked to someone identified as “a former commercial pilot, instructor, and FAA accident prevention counselor” who was able to say those objects aren’t planes or helicopters … but he also says they’re not insects. I take exception to that. It sounds like he’s assuming they’re far away and therefore big, but we don’t know that. They could be close and small. In which case they’re entirely consistent with being insects.

www.slate.com...
But this isn't some random video that could be fake is it? Haven't the army admitted it's legit? How could the US army get confused by a bug... in fact can those cameras even lock onto a bug??

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 06:47 PM
link   
WEATHER 11 8 2012 Hugh 57 low 37

posted on Dec, 9 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xabi87
But this isn't some random video that could be fake is it? Haven't the army admitted it's legit? How could the US army get confused by a bug... in fact can those cameras even lock onto a bug??

The video in the opening post is not part of the videos the army said were real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join