It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decommissioned a Hard Drive with 44 magnums

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I had most of it backed up as that was a media storage drive and it was hooked directly into a NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch I would connect it to my main downloading PC and update it about once a week or so.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This happens to my disk drives once every few years, and when it does and they stop working, I will stick the thing in a zip lock bag and freeze it for a few hours, plug it in to a docking station, and copy whatever to another drive. It doesn't always work, but it has worked on 2 drives in the past.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

We were firing unsupported with a Henry Bigboy with the heavy 20" octagonal barrel on it with 10 x 44 magnum rounds loaded in the tube. I was looking for hits from the edge of the platters to the center of the platters and close as possible to the center without missing the platters.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
This masculine approach to hi tech is what made America Great! This should send a solid message to the Femnazi's, that we're not fooling around!!

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It's actually a valid way to destroy the hard drive. The other method I know of is drilling a series of holes through the platter with a drill press. It is actually quicker to just tape 3 or 4 together and put a few rounds in them.

Gun's are tools afterall, like a drill press or a hammer.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
a reply to: schuyler

Solving your minutia with a gun.. glad you werent pick on in school.

I was, and with every incident I buy another gun. Furthermore, you know playa da game. you know maka da rules.

TANNERITE for the WIN!!!!

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   
You ought to see what my 50 Mag does to a hard drive

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Never thought of the 500, I have some underwood 700G rounds, I was actually thinking of using a rifle on mine.

I should tape them all together and see how far a 458 win mag goes. Maybe I can start a youtoob channel shooting hard drives.

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: visitedbythem

Never thought of the 500, I have some underwood 700G rounds, I was actually thinking of using a rifle on mine.

I should tape them all together and see how far a 458 win mag goes. Maybe I can start a youtoob channel shooting hard drives.

Although shooting them would be fun (in my book at least)...

I live in a state where you can still wander into the local hardware store and buy dynamite for stump removal.

New years is just around the corner, after all...

posted on Nov, 29 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I always liked putting exposed discs in a microwave. Just a second or two and...GZZZZT!!! Nice crackling lightening dancing on the surface of the disc and a beautiful scorch pattern afterwards. Its modern art...

(note: I don't recommend doing this)
edit on 29-11-2019 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
This happens to my disk drives once every few years, and when it does and they stop working, I will stick the thing in a zip lock bag and freeze it for a few hours, plug it in to a docking station, and copy whatever to another drive. It doesn't always work, but it has worked on 2 drives in the past.

This^^^^^^^
Old trick from long ago in a galaxy far , far away.
Why you givin away trade secrets ?

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

Have you tried nuking them from orbit?

It produces this lovely flash of light and this big semicircular ripple goes out, even over land.

I'ts very peaceful, in zen kind of way.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

What kind of ""movies"" require 44 magnum rounds to be ""decommissioned""?

Dirty Harry movies, of course.
"Do you feel lucky, hard drive? Well, do ya?"

Actually, dropping the discs into a nice hot nitric acid bath or pickling vat will get rid of whatever is on them.
edit on 11/30/2019 by pteridine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
This time of year just cover with thermite and light up and keep nice and toasty at the range, general principle is to chip and then melt into a ball and be done with it by dropping it in to the local scrap yard for some cash (when you do the job at an industrial scale) and help improve the beer voucher fund

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Hmmm, I think it might be dead.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Look, if this post isn't considered coded nonsense, I don't know what is.

It appears there is a disconnect here. I would like it if you will provide more details describing this coded nonsense as you described it. Perhaps my thematic mapping sub-routine is offline or is in its diagnostic mode because I seem to lack the needed contextual clues I require to decipher your meaning.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
MI5 will grind the discs into powder, then store it in the basement.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Hillary's emails !

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

You've posted that pic so many times now it's obvious they are not yours, give it up already...

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: visitedbythem

You've posted that pic so many times now it's obvious they are not yours, give it up already...

That's just a few from my collection.

Want proof

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join