It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Irishman

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: Sheye

Each to their own i guess however knowing your enemy is always a good strategy. I also find De Niro abhorrent but he's good at his job. Especially in movies like this. Sure Scorsece is a tree hugging Dem but i don't see any of that persuasion in his films.

Oh there is likely no persuasion in the film.. just won’t support any of them with my money.. don’t even think I’d watch it for free.. that’s how serious I am about not supporting entertainment industry. I’ve cancelled my cable subscription so I don’t watch television anymore ( the majority of it was crap anyhow). Yeah , I’m really fed up with their bullying, abusive attitudes, right down to the MSM , which I realize is not the entertainment industry, but uses the same political tactics.

They can’t separate their politics from their work ( their constant negative comments at awards shows proves this ).. so why should I separate their professional life from their private lives ? They certainly don’t when they use their celebrity status to berate people.

posted on Nov, 30 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

That's your prerogative, it's available on Netflix for no extra charge if you have access to a subscription.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Lionel

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Lots of "actors" merely play themselves onscreen, or more precisely an alter ego. Dinero is one of them, with really only one grumpy a hole as his persona.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Lots of "actors" merely play themselves onscreen, or more precisely an alter ego. Dinero is one of them, with really only one grumpy a hole as his persona.

Totally agree with you on this ^^^. DeNiro is an over rated actor in my opinion.

I never watched the movie but definitely enjoyed the video you put up critiquing it. It was hilarious as well as probably spot on true.

Thanks for the vid 👍🏼

edit on 1-12-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-12-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

If Dinero gave a f$ck Obama or Hillary speech, would you say the same thing?

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It was boring IMO. Playing their younger selves but still looking old didn't really work.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

If Dinero gave a f$ck Obama or Hillary speech, would you say the same thing?

Absolutely ! Awards shows and red carpets are not for political opinions.

Yes.. they have a right to their opinion but keep it off the entertainment shows. They are as bad as the MSM who use their jobs to twist truth instead of reporting facts.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This thread is about the Irishman movie. Not about hatred for Hollywood or DeNiro's political views or ass licking.

If you have no interest in the movie, why are you here derailing my thread? You do not need to post 8 times, to this point, about stuff that has nothing to do with the actual movie.

Please go start a thread elsewhere for anything other than the movie that you want to talk about.

As for the movie itself, it is going mostly great reviews.

96%

5 out of 5

4 stars

4 of 5

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
If you have no interest in the movie, why are you here derailing my thread?

Some people get triggered by things they haven't even seen.

As for me, I saw it and it was fantastic. One of Scorsese's best and I'd be surprised if Pesci doesn't get nominated for his acting.

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Lionel is pretty good. An ex-prosecutor....

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer
Please accept my apologies for derailing your thread. I thought it was sort of on topic, but considering the question in the OP,I am guilty of going off on a tangent.

My bad 😕

posted on Dec, 1 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

It was ok, not good enough to watch again, it just seemed a little forced to me, not sure if it's because the actors are a little too old to be hardened gangsters or because I'm over gangster movies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join