It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Okay, this might sound a bit far-fetched, but hear me out...

Is there any spiritual meaning or other supernatural meaning behind Flies?

I ask this because I have had strange experiences with Flies for the past month. And no, it's not cos I smell.....

It started when a fly materialized (i swear) on my arm about a month ago. There was no way for the fly to get in, and it had been that way for a long time. I'm sat at the computer, when out of the corner of my eye I see a fly appear out of nowhere on my arm!
It came right as I was listening to the song "Change (in the house of flies)" by the Deftones......I was amazed!

It stayed there, still, for about half hour before flying off.

Ever since, fly's have been constantly here. These flys (usually 2 or 3) seem to land on whatever I'm thinking of doing next. For instance, if I decide to play guitar, they'll be perched on the guitar. same with the PC, cd player, TV, even the door.

Well, I know this sounds crazy, but I hope someone has an answer....

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I must say that does sound a little crazy,

But then again who the hell am I to judge.

What if you created the fly with some kind of ability. Its possible that your mind can change the realty around you like for example creating fly�s. Just an idea.

posted on Jul, 9 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by arcana imperii
I must say that does sound a little crazy,

But then again who the hell am I to judge.

What if you created the fly with some kind of ability. Its possible that your mind can change the realty around you like for example creating fly�s. Just an idea.

Hmm, thats a good theory I suppose........but it doesn't quite feel right. Anyone else?

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
perhaps someone you have loved and lost has come back as a fly and wants to be with you....

Just an idea

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocket
perhaps someone you have loved and lost has come back as a fly and wants to be with you....

Just an idea

Well, thanks for the idea, but the only thing I've loved and lost was a pet cat........I don't think it's her though.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
you never know,
could have been a really bad cat

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
you never know,

Sorry, not possible, she was THE nicest cat that ever existed

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
fly's eat crap, they are nothing more than larva. i like to watch them hit the sticky tape and wiggle till they die.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
OK, here is my theory.

Flies are psychic, they know when you are trying to kill them. I am sure of it, go and get the fly swat and boom! they are heading for the windows to get away.

Now having a degree of psychic ability would be a great evolutionary step for flies .. try it and see.

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
OK, here is my theory.

Flies are psychic, they know when you are trying to kill them. I am sure of it, go and get the fly swat and boom! they are heading for the windows to get away.

Now having a degree of psychic ability would be a great evolutionary step for flies .. try it and see.

Actually, the reason for this, or so I have read, is that flies have a 1 second (or is it 0.1?) better reaction time than us on average and thats why there so evasive.

No idea about psychic flies though.....

posted on Jul, 10 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
sounds like you made some new friends chebob

posted on Jul, 18 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
are you sure this is not just in your head?

posted on Jul, 19 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
are you sure this is not just in your head?

To be totally honest, I don't know. A lot of things could be all in my head, but I don't want to think like that......

But my girlfriend is with me constantly and she has definately noticed it to. They seem to try and fly straight into her eye all the time....??? They're not usually annoying though......they just......appear, and don't do much...

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I've had a fly for about 1 month or so buzzuing around my room until about 1 week ago. Just this 1 single fly.

I reckon i wacked that fly about 15 times with my hands knocking it into various objects around the room.

Even when i had my dor open and went outside of it, it would follow me out into the house (i dont smell either btw) an di'd get something to eat or watch tv. Then i'd come back into my room it's void of a fly. I'll oen the door up, have a shower or something, come back into my room and the fly is back in there.

Buzzing around. a friend of mine tried catching it with his hands but couldn't an di tried a min later and caught it with my hand. and just checkin gif i actually had it....let it go again.

Buzzed about for about a week more then i eventually got the thing. I really wacked it inot something very very hard.

but yeha it seemed to like my rooom and me....Really pissed me off. Especially as i had watched the movie "The Ring"

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fury
you never know,

NM

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Flies belong to Abbadon, or Appolyon as he is called. He is the Lord of the Pit and Locust.

www.aristotle.net...

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

[Edited on 22-7-2003 by Tyriffic]

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Flies are considered evil by many. Heh, I had a friend who messed with a, um.. Forgot spelling , but the Gate To hell game thing.. Said he left and came back a mere 15 min later and his room was full of flies... That and they are just plain annoying.. :/

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
A can of hotshot might help

LOL!
Honestly though - as much as flies pester the crap out of me I never thought of them as anything but a pain in the butt. (I sometimes think the irritating little twits have intelligence....ever notice how they refuse to leave you alone UNTIL you have the bug spray or fly swatter in your hand then they take off? And as soon as you put it down they are back again? Hmmm...maybe if I have a small fly swatter charm made up for my necklace...

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
There is historical data for flies being associated with demonic presences. What were you doing exactly on the computer while listening to the song when the first fly appeared? Were you studying something specific? Can you remember? If so, please post it.

posted on Jul, 22 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   
"There is historical data for flies being associated with demonic presences"

What does it say exactly do you remember? I know all the possesion movies and such use them (but they use alot of things that just aren't exactly true), and I'm not possative, but the bible may even make refence to them in conjunction with posestion...I just had it figured that because the possessed suposedly had the 'don't bother taking a shower' and messy thing going on that if it were true it was because of the smell or uncleanlyness.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join