It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Bubblegum dance groups from the 90s

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
According to Wikipedia:

Bubblegum dance (also known as Happy House, Bubblegum techno or simply Bubble gum) is a Eurodance musical subgenre that gained high popularity in the late 1990s because it contains cheerful, silly and childlike lyrics that tend to have fun. 

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Never heard any of those. Wasn't much of a club person.

Can you give me a top 10 for toothless dive bars that had under 1 dollar wells during the 90's?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If I could pour petrol on this thread and ignite it, I would, and I wouldn't feel a flicker of emotion afterwards.

Welcome to ATS by the way, lol 🙂

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Time4Nostalgia

And you wonder why mainland Europe has never produced a Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, or a Queen.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Copy Cats!! I had to live through three younger sisters during the mid 60's and enduring the real bubble gum music...

Bubble Gum Pop

I don't know which group actually started it, I always thought it started with "The Archies" with "Sugar Sugar". Wiki says the Tommy James and the Shondells were part of it, too. I liked them...

For your enjoyment...(please forgive me):

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Without a doubt, the most popular one was Aqua's Barbie Girl. We will never forget it.

How the hell could we ever for get it, even if we want to? It was freakin' everywhere!

I only listened to parts of a couple of the ones you posted, OP, but they all sound just like Barbie Girl.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

The 1960's Bubblegum.

Ie: "Among the best-known acts of bubblegum's golden era are 1910 Fruitgum Company, the Lemon Pipers, the Ohio Express and the Archies, an animated group which had the most successful bubblegum song with "Sugar, Sugar", Billboard Magazine's No. 1 single for 1969. Singer Tommy Roe, arguably, had the most bubblegum hits of any artist during this period, notably 1969's "Dizzy".

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 21-11-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

That was my second favorite song when I was a young girl! I loved dancing around the living room and singing along using a Barbie for a microphone!

My absolute favorite song was this one though:

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Can't believe you forgot about ATC and the Venga Boys. My ears will never be the same.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
WHY... Why did you even do this? WHY??

WHYyyyyyyy?

I almost busted my earbuds. My Bluetooth earbuds. Expensive ones. Busted.. and my mobile. I almost dropped it at speed against a brick wall.

You're evil. EVIL.

Don't to that again. Or I'm sending you the bill.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I am a music nut and I've never heard of those groups. Of course in the 90s I was listening to med/hard rock and metal mostly, so...

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Thanks mr moderator
edit on 22-11-2019 by Time4Nostalgia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I think we went to different clubs.

edit on 22-11-2019 by FlyingFox because: freedom

new topics

top topics

join