It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hong Kong Riot: Protest now over 24 hours - Polytechnic University

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   

HONG KONG (AP) — For days, Hong Kong’s protesters fortified a university campus to keep police from getting in. Now, cornered by authorities, they are trying to get out.

Officers repelled one attempt Monday morning with tear gas, driving a few hundred protesters back into the Hong Kong Polytechnic campus.

Hong Kong Riot: Protest almost at 24 hours - Polytechnic University

Serious battles running from yesterday all the way through the night and still ongoing now:

In the last few months I've been watching the live footage, including the protester being shot and the guy getting set on fire by the protesters, things are still heating up.

Some are armed with bows and arrows and allegedly using gas cylinders and the police apparently fired a few live rounds last night, as well as deploying an acoustic device in order to quell the protesters, obviously that hasn't worked out as it's still ongoing.

Some additional links:

South China Morning Post

BBC

RT
edit on -216002019-11-18T00:17:17-06:000000001730201917112019Mon, 18 Nov 2019 00:17:17 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
"live rounds"

This is what happens when you start throwing Molotov cocktails.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Possibly, I think the cops also got a little bit annoyed at the guy picking them off with a bow and arrow

And some students just made a charge for escape, needless to say some didn't make it, still not sure how many are left inside the building.

It should also be pointed out that protesters have been torching Chinese affiliated banks, shops and restaurants over the last month or so.
edit on -216002019-11-18T00:18:26-06:000000002630201926112019Mon, 18 Nov 2019 00:18:26 -0600 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 12:44 AM
link   
There's more to these protests than we're being told.
Just like the protests in Iran and Iraq.

its the beginning of the plan being put into play.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Those protests in Iran are regime change protests funded by American regime changers, who want the MEK into Iran those protests in Iran arent new.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

You really cant call those that assault and attack banks, shops and restaurants, public spaces as protesters they are rioters and thugs. You arent a protest if you organize a group in order to attack public buildings.

It shows that these protesters are very well organized by international backing.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

You really cant call those that assault and attack banks, shops and restaurants, public spaces as protesters they are rioters and thugs.

I'm just recycling the current terminology being used, some of them are vicious, I mean they set a random guy on fire.

It shows that these protesters are very well organized by international backing.

I haven't been able to determine that, so still up for debate imo.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The "protesters" were warned that if they used any type of weapons the police would use live rounds. So if that happens, they have only themselves to blame.

They continue to tear up Hond Kong, and are not "peaceful protesters" .

It is past time for law and order to be re-established there, not give in to lawless behavior that threatens the rest of the citizens there.

And we, the US, need to stay out of it. An "insurrection" is up to the government there to deal with . We have our own issues to deal with long before we try to tell anyone else what to do .

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonlover12

Live rounds are okay tp use only on identified weapon users or anyone near people who use weapons? Is the whole movement condemned by the minority who use weapons?
Are all violent protesters with the movement or are some with the chinese government? Using violence to justify a quick end to protests. Are some gang members hired by Chinese government to do the same?

Remember alex jones documentary about agent provocateurs? The police disguised themselves as protesters to create violence and induce justification for ending the protests.

Well, law and order was re-established after tiananmen square resulting in murdered students and hundreds who just disappeared or we didn't know what happend to them.

Is china just going to forgive protesters after this or are they going to sieze control of hong kong and take away any protest leaders?

The U.S. should stay out of it why? Not saying war or sanctions should be done. However, we can protest American companies that support chinese oppression and help them censor.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Those protests in Iran are regime change protests funded by American regime changers, who want the MEK into Iran those protests in Iran arent new.

Yeah fund the freedom fighters. Freedom is good right? I applaud those Chinese people rising up and fighting for their freedom too!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

You really cant call those that assault and attack banks, shops and restaurants, public spaces as protesters they are rioters and thugs. You arent a protest if you organize a group in order to attack public buildings.

Did you read that correctly? He said "Chinese run banks" and such. Do you know the differences between China and Hong Kong? Do you people even educate your self about what you are commenting on?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

You really cant call those that assault and attack banks, shops and restaurants, public spaces as protesters they are rioters and thugs.

I'm just recycling the current terminology being used, some of them are vicious, I mean they set a random guy on fire.

Was it a random guy they caught on fire or was it a Chinese policeman?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonlover12
The "protesters" were warned that if they used any type of weapons the police would use live rounds. So if that happens, they have only themselves to blame.

They continue to tear up Hond Kong, and are not "peaceful protesters" .

It is past time for law and order to be re-established there, not give in to lawless behavior that threatens the rest of the citizens there.

And we, the US, need to stay out of it. An "insurrection" is up to the government there to deal with . We have our own issues to deal with long before we try to tell anyone else what to do .

They were minding their business until the Chinese "authorities" came in and started causing a ruckus.

Law and order? They are fighting against a communist system dude. Would you want to live in China under that oppressive government? I don't blame them for fighting for their freedom.

F*** China!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Random guy who was objecting to what they were doing:

nypost.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Random guy who was objecting to what they were doing:

nypost.com...

Wow that's crazy. I dont agree with that sort of violence. This movement should not be judged by this isolated incident.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
It's not good to see this activity from an oppressive regime.

Quick Clip: twitter.com...

I wonder where those Hong Kong protestors are being taken?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join