It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 6 hurt in Southern California high school shooting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
I notice they are not reporting the suspect's race now.
Originally, the suspect was described in news reports as an "Asian Male".

Asian male = White supremacist Nazi

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Asian male shooter, who's birthday was today.

Briefing right now.

One dead, 4 hospitalized.

Shooter also hospitalized in "grave" condition.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Handgun was the firearm used.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
That explains the silence in the media on the type of weapon. Had it been an AR-15 (or similar) rifle, they would have led off with that aspect. But, a handgun does not meet the narrative requirements for that level of outrage of the population, to spur on the anti-gun crowds.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   
One fatality now being reported
Two critical

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Has anyone mentioned gun free zones or democrat false flags yet?

I’d hate to miss all the pre-programmed baseline.exe responses so early in this tragedy. /s

It’s a conspiracy site. I know we don’t agree on much, but I doubt even you trust the Federal Government to not pull underhanded BS. Remember the Maine? The Arizona and Pearl Harbor? 911? The government pulls this kind of crap all the time.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
A second fatality has just been reported.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Right on cue. The day after the disaster impeachment hearing shows the Democrats are incompetent and relying on 3rd and 4th party hearsay, a mass shooting takes place.

Nice attempt to divert attention from the fiasco in Washington.

Really, you think this will take away from much of the impeachment hearings? You don't think impeachment still won't be plastered on almost every news site? What would this accomplish if it did distract peoples attention from impeachments?

Or is it possible we have a mental health problem in America?

I'm going to go with the second one, and you're using kids getting shot as a political football. Weak.

Even worse, this community is so quick to star anyone willing to use any thread platform for bias confirmation.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
The blame is going on the NRA...In California, where yet another NON-MEMBER of the NRA has engaged in a mass shooting.

The NRA didn't kill anyone and I challenge critics to find an example of an NRA member committing such crimes.

What an easy scapegoat the NRA must be for anti-gunners. You do not have to flesh out your logic and be embarrassed by its deep deficiencies by simply invoking those three letters.
edit on 11 14 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

No.

We have a humanity problem on planet Earth.

People have been killing people since Cain killed Abel.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
But I thought murder was illegal there and they have strict gun control and schools are gun free zones. How could this happen? Better write up some additional laws.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

No.

We have a humanity problem on planet Earth.

People have been killing people since Cain killed Abel.

Yea, violence occurs in a primal way where countries fight each other... Or people get into an altercation and it escelates... But there is truly something wrong with someone to just go somewhere and shoot unarmed people within their own community. I think mentally ill is the only way I can characterize them while there may be some more understanding to other forms of violence.
edit on 14-11-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

People snap.

We have more people; ergo, more people snap.

I don't say this to lessen the horror, but to put it in perspective.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

Nothing happens because many have misidentified the issue. The issue isn't that we live in a society with firearms it's that we live in a society that can't coexist with firearms.

I knew someone growing up that suffered from many of the same issues that afflicts many of these young mass shooters. Only he didn't have access to a firearm. He instead found himself a machete and went out and hacked someone to death. It didn't make the national news. It barely registered on the local news. There were zero cri de coeurs about the banning of access to sharp objects. It was obvious to everyone that this young man was in extreme mental distress, but if he ever opened up and shared his true thoughts with anyone his life would have been over. One of the most disgustingly lazy common phrases I hear today is, "hey, get some help." As if it is that easy for these people. There is no help to be had. So he, like the others, bottled it up and the pressure grew and grew until he inevitably snapped and did what he did.

Our society is greatly ill. There are many young people today turning to suicide as well. No one gives a damn about them either because they only took their own lives instead of becoming a mass killer. But its a symptom of the same disease and congress doing anything about firearms does not solve this issue at all. It doesn't even begin to address it. It's merely compartmentalization so the rest of us can go about our pathetic daily existence and not have to think about or care for anyone suffering from mental illness.
edit on 14-11-2019 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

People snap.

And I get that....

My point was that I found it far more likely we had a kid with mental health problems who snapped rather than a conspiracy a member eluded to.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

People snap.

I agree.. people snap ..and for all sorts of reasons. It is such a politically charged atmosphere to try and live a sane and reasonable life in. Young people are hurt and angry and most don’t know how to channel that disappointment in a healthy way.

Just wait until after the election .. it will get worse. 😕

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I think it's just that these kids isolate themselves from family, don't reach out for friends, and don't feel a part of the community.

We've always had kids who acted out when their family situation wasn't good, and they weren't engaged in things like sports or clubs to get a sense of belonging... Another member pointed out a lot of these kids are getting thrown on some heavy meds, because it's easier for adults to blame it on a "chemical" imbalance than get involved and get kids on the right path. Kids are a basket of hormones without any wisdom or emotional intelligence on how to deal with that, and it doesn't help if people aren't willing to help teach them. We usually find out these types just go through the motions as a recluse and retreat back to their room when the school day is over... And a very small minority just let it fester into something really dark and bad.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Hell, this may be prom related for all we know.

We’re not teaching our kids how to cope.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
whats crazy is that just last night I was on my instagram mulling around and commented on this dragon ball z thread, and some profile with the name "Asianschoolschooter" sent me something saying nobody asked you kid. I promptly reported his name for instagrams community guidelines violation as a threat of violence and they deleted his profile within 10 minutes. Coincidences are wild.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: AnonymousCitizen

I was in agreement with his post of the talk will be gun free zone and a political party did it.

As if those are the only reason and solution.

They are the only reasons if one is unable to see the forest for the trees, which is the bulk of posters around here these days.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join