It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jane Fonda recommends civil disobedience and rebellion on behalf of Greta Thunberg in order to fight

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Comparing the Vietnamese to the Nazis? Are you drunk? You spent more years and dropped more bombs on Vietnam than you did the Nazis. Agent orange mean anything to ya? I don't hate veterans at all. I hate people who blindly follow orders of their "Government"

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Homefree
You talking about that MILF that wore spandex in the '80's?

Her only good movie was Barbarella in the late 60's. I don't remember her for anything else.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

Like Charlton Heston and Charlie Chaplin?

Like the Dixie Chicks. Don't like their politics don't buy their products which ever form it takes. Quit watching several folkes who said they would leave if Trump got elected, yet they didn't.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

granted trains can move more freight than trucks, but it takes 5000 gallons of fuel for a train to go 1100 miles, and that is on level straight tracks with very few stops. add grades up hill and a ton of stops and consumption rates climb, look it up.

How many cars do you need to make a locomotive? How much resources do you need to make a locomotive?

I can tell you how much labor 4400 double stack well cars costs. I can also tell you that they are scrapped every six years. I know, I built probably half the TTX fleet within' the last eight years.

How many trucks, ships, delivery vehicles need maintenance and fueling compared to a few locomotives and some rail cars which are almost all recyclable?

I can go on about rail, it's a very efficient way of movie 'stuff', hence why we still use it on the regular, and it's very economically sound. It's profitable as well.

you can bet that the the nazi collaborator george soros doesn't give or spend a dime that he doesn't get back four.

his own words,

Ah yes, classic.
Man lies to save his life, and lies about his 'faith', just because he was born Jewish doesn't mean he would literally die for a fantasy ideology.

and the full interview. listen to all the corrupt governments he's helped and funded. sorry he's no true philanthropist.

Which proves my point even more. You have a viewpoint that his philanthropic ventures are nothing more then a personal gain. Well DUH all business ventures are for some sort of personal gain, this is why I made my original point that people who are quick to judge climate change charity endorsements are people who are for essentially Friedman economics. That if you allow free market to live 'free' it will eventually work itself out. You honestly think Soros would just funnel money into something he thought wouldn't give him some sort of return?

I never defended the business venture, I simply was pointing out the hypocrisy. Which brings me to ask. Who is more ethical in this situation? Who is more moral and ethical in the climate change situation in regards to climate change, the people who are funneling money into fighting / awareness towards it, or the people who are ignoring it and funneling money into more fossil fuel dependency?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

You aren't making any sense. But carry on.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I don't really understand these celebrities and their protests and laments about climate change.

They are in the single best position to persuade others by leading by example on this subject.

Most people who live in excess do so because they are trying to 'keep up" with these celebrities and the glamour that is Hollywood.

All they need to do is start living and promoting a minimalist lifestyle and millions would follow them.
edit on 13-11-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ok, now we have a speech... give it a watch. 30 seconds in.

I'll give her a point for effort.

Ok.
It takes petroleum to make a bunch of components in manufacturing a vehicle, tires too. Batteries need charged, what does it take to make electricity? Fossil fuels, hydro, solar, coal, nuclear... then the batteries end up in a landfill along with materials like plastic that can't be recycled.

California can't afford the water resources they have left. Ironically they had to cut power to prevent electricity from starting more fires which takes water to put out. Mercedes and BMW had a hydrogen fueled vehicle that emitted water... it didn't last.

I don't have kids, so I'm doing my part there.
Instead of throwing a tantrum, come up with a real solution.

edit on 13-11-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

But don't you know this is all a liberal commie hoax to let the globalists take over.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I'll speak a little slower then... Don't have to give personal time, monetary support to those I disagree with, just like you have that same right too.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

The earth wont die nor would be gone from 18 years from now, just wait and see. This climate change hysteria is just like the 2012,Y2K.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Her speech is almost comical and laughable if that's how these climate change activists really want to live with their lives. This is exctaly what the elitists want these activists to live like they are being used and dont even know it, they think what they are doing is all real activism.
And there is no catastrophe that is looming.

I don't have kids, so I'm doing my part there.

Well gosh i plan on having children the only difference is that they wont be educated by liberal nutcases screaming that the end of the world is here. dont let some 2012 doomnasyers say or force anyone or you into not wanting to have children at some point in these young activists lives they to would become adults and probably forget what they did in their youths and move onto other things when they realize that protesting doesn't get you nor give you anything.. Nor that the Earth isn't dying anyway.

The earth would do die in these ways.
1.Nuclear Armageddon/Wars.
2.Occultism Rituals summoning demons,dragons etc...
3.Asteroid.

edit on 13-11-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Right

Earth isn't going anywhere. I physically can't have offspring, and it's saved me a bunch on car insurance.

Jane mentioned she also eats less and no fish. Vanity? She's about appearances and doesn't need to eat like a factory worker, firefighter, the folks working long hard 10 12 24 hour days. I'm sure mimosas and a cup of fruit will suffice.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

You think that the world isn't going to be changed dramatically by climate change but you think occult rituals could bring about armageddon by demons and dragons!!!!!!! Wow....... I'm actually speechless.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

They can be among the first group that colonizes the Moon. The climate is pretty stable there. Having less to whine about will make the climate dooms-dayers have a better life.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
.. who cares... shes a 16 year old girl. Try to be less wasteful and don't support pollution when possible/reasonable.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

I completely agree. Lead by example. However, the anti-global warming people aren't doing anything positive by hating on this greta lady.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I disagree with Jane Fonda.

Then again, I'm not a 90 year old bimbo who looked hot as Barbarella in the 60's and actually showed some boob, so my opinion probably doesn't count.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Was it OK for China and the Soviet union to supply arms and training to north Vietnam so that they could torture and slaughter people ?

edit on 13-11-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Like protests have ever yielded results?
It’s almost like Gretha has a teenage mentality... oh wait ..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join