It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weapons are Information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have discussed this before but I am making a new post referencing about 1 day of research into expanding on the topic of my previous post on this subject. This post relates to the notion that firearms and even weapons in the general sense are basically information now days. For instance the scary guns o some people the semiautomatic firearms are entirely digital largely due to patriotic Americans who have put in the work and then released that information widely. After one day of researching I found the CAD files and blueprints for a number of popular weapons available for free online.

Folder showing Weapon CAD files and blueprints:

From these files all required information can be derived to build on a CNC lathe any of the weapons in the files shown above. An example is this image I extracted and converted to jpg from the CAD file on the AR-15 lower receiver. This is the part of the firearm the BATFE considers the weapon to be controlled. The federal law says if you build one of these for yourself for your own use it is perfectly legal so long as you are not considered a restricted person.

AR-15 Lower Reciever:

You can not build these and sell them without an FFL but can build and posses them without legal issue at the federal level. It is now more common than ever to purchase these as 80% constructed which means that a few finishing drill cuts are required to turn these paperweights into functioning AR-15 lower receivers. Some states like MA have restricted the sale of 80% lower receivers so manufacturers of them will not ship to MA. If you live in a more free state you would be well advised to obtain or barrow a jig to make the final drill holes to make the lower functional.

Jig for AR-15 80% lower completion:

Every other part for any of these weapons are available by the crate full. If a person chooses they can purchase a lower in glass filled polymer material and those have plastic jigs that are often sold bundled with the lower.

If the global banksters are able to cut off funding transfer like card processing for online firearms retailers these supplies will no doubt be next on their list. Many of the numerous companies selling these paper weights are offering stock up specials. You can find lots of them with a quick search of your favorite search engine. I for now use DuckDuckGo.

80% AR lowers

Freedom is not free. We have to exercise all of our rights or we will in the end lose them. Time to get back to my exercise routine. Later ATS.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

This is what I tell people who get worried about the government taking guns or manufacturers closing sells to the general public. Where there is a will there is a way, and if you want a gun bad enough you'll be able to get one.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ammunition on the other hand will be a pita to acquire. I don't know many people who press their own rounds anymore. Unless one invests in some expensive equipment it's a time consuming activity. Hell, unless you know how to make your own jackets and projectiles one will be left with trying to find someone who can cast the projos for them while collecting spent jackets, which is kind of a hit or miss anyways.

I always tell people to worry less about politicians saying anything about weapon confiscation and worry more about when the gov makes ammunition more scarce.

Without ammo a gun is just a useless paperweight.

edit on 13-11-2019 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: machineintelligence

It's interesting how many independent gun makers are exclusive to the 1911 and the AR15. Did you find as many plans on any other weaponry?

I think regardless your point is made about the personal freedom to build whatevs da fuq you want.

Making a reliable device that shoots modern projectiles at decent accuracy is far beyond the capabilities of MOST modern humans. Modern weaponry has reached such a level of technical sophistication that the average joe is stuck having to pay for a builder. These laws that protect the builder almost harken to a deeper class system agenda under the radar.

"If you can build it, you're good with us. Just don't sell it to the peasants until we say."

It's cold and a good day for conspiracy.

Does it start with the builder? Or does it start with the raw materials.... or are there any federally regulated super secret materials that if a skilled builder got ahold of he could change the world?

... pardon the drift.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Couple of things:

Without the proper machine shop equipment making an SAFE and accurate firearm is going to be tough for the vast majority of people.

A 3D printed gun still requires work which is again beyond most peoples ability

I have a Noveske Recon but in a SHTF situation I'm going with my ruger scout. Way way less finicky

I also agree on the ammo. its the weak link and not subject to 2nd amendment protections. Buy, store and learn how to make your own. But again its limited on your ability to get the powder etc. Unless your Kirk fighting a Gorn, then its game on

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkOfTheV

The Beretta 92S and the STI are both modern type semiautomatic pistols. Of course the AR-10 is the .308 version of the AR platform. Like I wrote in the OP this was a one hour search result mostly from CNC Gunsmith. I'm sure there is more out there. I think a polymer frame pattern for the Glock 17-22 is out there as well.

edit on 11/13/2019 by machineintelligence because: entry error

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This is the resource for the blueprints and CAD files listed in the file folder image in the OP.

www.cncguns.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

It's actually really not all that hard. There's now kits out there that are almost foolproof for finishing 80% AR lowers using a router. They're pretty cheap too.

As to you taking your ruger scout over your noveske if shtf because the AR is too finnicky, that's an indication there's something wrong with your AR because it shouldn't be finnicky like that.

My AR's are almost the polar opposite of finnicky, going thousands of rounds between cleaning and happily digesting whatever ammo I throw in them so long as I keep them lubed up. (I have a windex type bottle full of CLP I keep in my range bag and just spray them down occasionally)

If you ever want help troubleshooting your Noveske give me a shout. I can help you make it behave like the good little gun it is deep down.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: roguetechie

Thanks, but I do know how to care for my AR. Given a choice between the two and given in a bug out SHTF situation, the proper care and cleaning needed in a austere / rough conditions and the possibility of running out of said cleaning supplies points to the Ruger as the better weapon to take in that type of scenario

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If we're talking SHTF scenario the ability to source or find parts for AR1x rifles is assumed to be the reason to choose them. Honestly though.. if we're talking about inability to properly clean and lube a rifle I'd go with a good AK rifle. I've seen a ridiculous amount of them hold up to abuse.

I've personally been present and seen people try to make their AKs fail. I've seen them buried in dirt, sand, submerged in all kinds of liquids and all it took was a good shake and butt tap to the ground and the thing start shooting again. But then again, I've seen a lot of AKs jam up repeatedly and FTF/FTC. Which is why I said find a good one.

posted on Nov, 22 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Of course, it makes a lot of sense to have a CNC router for milling your parts. 3D printing is not that strong for most home shop level construction. Sometimes just milling your parts from a billet of aluminum makes more sense. For that, you can build out this CNC router table to help you produce parts from available files.

DIY CNC Router: 30 steps

At an estimated $1,500 for the build, you can have a nice small scale manufacturing capacity on your bench.

posted on Nov, 24 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I was noticing that this outfit has a pretty good collection of CAD files for all kinds of weapons and parts. It is not a bad idea even if you are not yet prepared to use them to be sure that these might become far more difficult to locate online given the nature of the hatred of the global elite for the second and really all God-given rights.

fosscad.org...

This is the GitHub repository containing these files.

Microsoft owning GitHub this archive might disappear.

github.com...

Lots of links are drying up so if you want a copy you might want to grab these files before they are taken off the digital commons completely. These files are not going to be publicly available very soon I think.

new topics

top topics

join