It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netflix & HBO may require thumbprint sign in

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: billxam
a reply to: vonclod

EXACTLY!

I watch on a 7 inch and a 10 inch tablet and both are in cases. I use a stick on the television and last time I checked there wasn't a finger scanner on it.

Like I'm going to take them out of the case, scan a fingerprint and put them back in to watch something I'll probably stop watching after 5 minutes. Give me a break.

At one point phones didn't have a finger scanner either....
They would implement it by changing hardware for new users, it would be phased in, until all units are compliant.

Oh, they may produce units that are compliant..I will not be compliant!

But perhaps a losing battle, as the younger folk are being trained from birth to give it up.

JM2C

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Is too much of a hassle for most people. They'll lose more than they gain for sure. Especially the paying customers.
edit on 11/11/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
lolll wait till they can print out youre fingerprints with special 3d printers...
goldmine fore justice and criminals

Star

Then they will come out with new tech. Technology that detects: pulse, body temp, skin fibers, etc.

Let’s be real. We are already being tracked with our smart phones. This is just another way to track our whereabouts when we are not on those GD things.

I digress, no matter what way you look at it — BIG brother is inevitably watching. This is our unfortunate future...
edit on 11-11-2019 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
My daughter has a 3D printer sitting on the desk of one of her coworkers. I wonder if you could print a glove finger with a fingerprint on it?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

just make a realistic copy of your thumb print on a movie prop like fake hand think CSI las vegas did it with that one murderer who ended up being a federal judge and serial killer

www.instructables.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

TRIGGERED MUCH

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

TRIGGERED MUCH

I just don’t spend my money on companies with values contrary to my own. Gillette also lost my business when they decided to get stupid.
edit on 2019/11/11 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Does it have to be a thumb print?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

What did gillette do?

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11
The toxic masculinity commercial, and possibly the transgender shaving commercial? They were kind of "virtue signally"

I have no real opinion on either..don't care enough.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
lolll wait till they can print out youre fingerprints with special 3d printers...
goldmine fore justice and criminals

What do you mean "wait"? That can be done now. I can do it on my 3D printer with the right material.

Just sayin'

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I really don't understand how anyone of the preventative measures would possibly work out in any one's favor.

I pay for several streaming service and change them up every so often depending on what I and my family want to watch in a given month. And I can't see how my family could even tolerate any of the preventative measures. For example my 6 year old daughter couldn't possibly enter in a code or swipe a finger print to keep watching tv (not that I would even want to give Netflix my family's fingers prints)

Not to mention that if they do go code or fingerprint; would still be extremely easy for my father to continue to share my service as I'd simply set him up to be one of the recipients.

I don't see any of this happening in the real world; the services will just increase the cost to make up for what ever they think they are losing ... until the market won't bare anymore.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

How do you watch anything then? :0 .

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Got it ..

Netflix + Obama = Thumbprints

Guess 3letter gotta fill those pentabyte drives.

Torrents + VPN + users = ?

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

They are probably going to start with this:

www.insidehook.com...

involve limiting the number of devices or IP addresses that can be linked to any one account.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Pretty sure that neither my television nor dvd player have thumbprint technology.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join