It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Liberal Democrat Hypocrisy.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The Lib Dems have gone to The High Court to challenge ITV's decision not to allow Lib Dem Leader Jo Swinson to be included in the up coming Party Leaders Debate.

ILid Dem President Sal Briton states " the decision "disrespects" those who voted Remain in the Brexit referendum "

I have news for you Ms Brinton, your party manifesto pledge to Cancel Brexit " disrespects " those who voted Leave in the Brexit referendum.

I can smell the hypocrisy.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I feel your pain.
As you know, we also have Lib Dem madness over here in the states.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Jo Swinson has quickly become one of the most annoying MPs in a house of annoying MPs , is it just me or would she have made a better primary school teacher than politician , you can't have Democrat in your party name if you're going to act un-democratically.

Running to the High Court every time things don't go as you want seems childish to me , but given this new breed of "politician" nothing surprises me these days.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You will never know hypocrisy until you listen to trump supporters

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I would be surprised if there is a legal right to be included in a television programme, so surely she's pushing her luck.
The B.B.C. have a charter commitment to impartialty, so they may be the more vulnerable target.

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
I would be surprised if there is a legal right to be included in a television programme, so surely she's pushing her luck.
The B.B.C. have a charter commitment to impartialty,
so they may be the more vulnerable target.

^^^^Lol!!!^^^^impartiality

The following is from a letters to the editor page of a newspaper recently.....

Outrage! my daughter is attending the big debate aired tonight on BBC 1.

16/17 year olds all debating on the referendum, she has just texted me to say

that they were asked to say "they were remainers" or undecided because the

leave voters were far out weighing the remains

Absolute shocking corrupt media manipulation. Young people should not be

manipulated in this way.

So much for ALL those remainers who still believe that people have changed their

minds. /smh. And so much for impartiality.

edit on 11-11-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia
The irony is that the B.B.C.'s bias towards Remain isn't good enough for the Remainers themslves, who have convinced themselves that the B.B.C. are heavily biased on the other side. If you follow Twitter, observe the hashtag #wreathgate, which is about alleged manipulation of footage to benefit Boris.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hypocrisy by the TV companies does not even come close. I know a guy (a freelance journalist, well a liar and a fantasist with his stories) who used to be paid by a TV company. They would send a car to transport him to the studio and pay lucratively. They used him as an agent provocateur in audience participation talk shows.
The TV company would load the audience heavily (say a debate about cheating in marriage) with people against. This man would then be prepped to argue against the majority to cause disruption. The audience had no knowledge that they had been played.
They used him for about a year till his face became noticed. Pay off.

posted on Nov, 12 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The LibDems should be renamed The LibUndems as they are by far even more undemocratic than both the Conservative and Labour Party's.

As far as I am aware there is no legal requirement for their presence in any televised debate.
Personally I think Jo Swinson would only show herself to be even more out of touch with the British people than the other two twats, not that any of them are even remotely 'in touch'.

The TV stations are heavily pro-Remain.
I'd say the BBC at least sometimes tries to maintain the pretence of neutrality with occasionally giving Brexit supporters a bit of a voice.
Sky doesn't even pretend to be anything other than firmly in the Remain camp and some of its presenters - particularly Adam Boulton who just happens to be married to one of Tony Blair's old 'spin doctor's' - are openly aggressive to anyone showing any sort of support for Brexit at every opportunity.

The incestuous relationship between our broadcasters, journalists and politicians is just another example of how our political model is broken and no longer fit for purpose.

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I didn't realize that the House Judiciary (Jerry Nadler) changed crafting Articles of Impeachment from TODAY (Friday), to MONDAY, to distract from the Department of Justice I.G. Report coming on Monday, which will be mostly critical of Democrats.

www.redstate.com...

But Democrat-owned newspapers and media outlets say the Inspector General report will be a big nothing burger. Maybe Pelosi and Nadler know differently?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
With the economy on a tear, and President Trump not saying anything outlandish, it's becoming harder for sane Democrats in the House to vote for Impeachment.

As usual, Pelosi and Dim leaders waited too long to take action.

The IG Report and associated criminal referrals will turn even more rational Democrats against Impeaching America's most successful President in recent memory.

Even hardened Democrat rag publications like "Salon" are roasting Pelosi on her timing and lack of thoroughness.

Salon - Pelosi is Screwing Up!: www.salon.com...

top topics

join