It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grocery stores now charging fee for cash back

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
At one time it was illegal to collect fees on a transaction... The bank/ credit card co. considered it a prevledge to have their process machines. Passing the fee onto to customer was taboo.a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
At one time it was illegal to collect fees on a transaction... The bank/ credit card co. considered it a prevledge to have their process machines. Passing the fee onto to customer was taboo.a reply to: burdman30ott6

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

Since the window rate at the Fed is damn near zero, it should continue to be viewed as privilege to handle our money. This is one area which I actually disagree with the POTUS on, this country needs to start charging banks handsomely.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Since when does your bank charge for using their ATM.

Nonsense...

Yes there's a war on cash. But I've never seen a bank charge their own consumers for using their ATM.

What utter nonsense.
edit on 11/8/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

You just spilled the beans.
Loose lips sink ships.

posted on Nov, 8 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
I thought this was fairly normal for a long time, at least in Ohio and Michigan.

Good thing I never made it past LAX into ohio.. for many reasons, but least of all a rampant Aussie swearing at machines telling them to get knackered and other wild and imaginative things.

Mercantile Dundee, indeed.
edit on 8-11-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a small shop near me is doing that.
and cash machines that was free now charge 1.5 pounds!
the post office is still free uk.

we will regret the cash card!
they will make you to pay to use
your own cash on ever translation!
and you will have NO other way.

The Banks will be TAXING us on are money!

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
None in my area are.

I use it as a 'free' ATM all the time, sometimes I will just buy a 30 cent candy so i can get cash instead of wasting 2 or 3 dollars at an ATM.

Hopefully this stays in the minority.

a reply to: JAGStorm

Ditto, same for me.

It's either a five minute walk up the hill to the cash machine that charges, or a one minute walk across the road to the shop for free cash-back, which is on the way into town anyway.

It's a handy service, for sure.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

That's all well and good mate, but in this day of age, credit/debit cards can come in handy.

Take for instance attempting to purchase concert tickets or the like.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This kind of stuff triggers the war monger in me. I don't feel like being charged to use my card to spend my money is right.
I need every dime of my hard earned money that I have.

I don't like checking fee's and somehow just never quiet seem to have what it takes to qualify for free checking.
I don't like it if I use my debit card less than 10 times per month that they fine me 10 dollars at the Wells Fargo Bank.
last time they collected that fee I took what few dollars I had out of that bank and haven't been back.

People charging fees for you to spend your money are nothing less than leeches.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
www.bizjournals.com...

Customers at Pick ’n Save and Metro Market grocery stores will now be charged a fee when they receive cash back.

I see this is happening at other grocery stores too.

I knew it was only a matter of time. Grocery stores now charge for cash back. For those of us old enough,
we all know that some powers that be don't want cash to be used. They want everything electronic, they want to track everything. hmmm

Next will be banks, then credit unions. (not talking about atms that already charge a fee, talking about actual banks)

Pretty soon cash will be banned.

Nope, they are just fed up with people using them as ATM. They get charged a transaction fee, and giving cash back means that they need to store more cash in site which in ups the risk of robbery.

If or when stores stop ACCEPTING cash then maybe you should revisit this.

The idea of stopping people using cash for small purchases is silly as it isn't worth the government's time. Efforts to restrict cash use will begin at the top. Like how they stopped you using cash to by flights on a plane in order to misfit easier to trace who paid for each individual seat.

When you can't use cash to rent an apartment or to buy a truck, then you should start to worry.

With bitcoin, going cashless may actually make it harder to track you. You can't get fingerprints off of a bitcoin.
edit on 9-11-2019 by AaarghZombies because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trucker1
This kind of stuff triggers the war monger in me. I don't feel like being charged to use my card to spend my money is right.
I need every dime of my hard earned money that I have.

I don't like checking fee's and somehow just never quiet seem to have what it takes to qualify for free checking.
I don't like it if I use my debit card less than 10 times per month that they fine me 10 dollars at the Wells Fargo Bank.
last time they collected that fee I took what few dollars I had out of that bank and haven't been back.

People charging fees for you to spend your money are nothing less than leeches.

That's more an American thing. Free banking is common in other countries. In many countries they only fees are overdraft fees and fees for getting cash back out on a credit card at an ATM. My BOC account only charged me if I went overdrawn.

I think that this is just because America has poor consumer protection laws.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The CIA is in the drug business, and that is driven by cash and its anonymity. The CIA will not allow cash to go away.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Then write a check and get the change back.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Then write a check and get the change back.

Checks are almost obsolete here. I seriously wrote one check last year.

posted on Nov, 9 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I don't think i have wrote a check since around 2000.

I did not even know banks still issued checkbooks if im honest.

Never been send one for any of the 3 accounts i use.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

They charge you for the checks these days. For those that bank online they don't need them.

I still use them, do it old-fashioned.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

For those of us old enough,

Some of us old enough know how to visit the bank or ATM and take out our weekly cash requirements - so we dont get charged.

Whats so hard about that?

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I had been using cheques for the last 4 years, for both rent, and for my storage unit.
Reason being, my crap-ass 'property management' company charged a 'convenience fee' to pay your rent via the online site using a card. lol. I was not going to pay 5 dollars, to pay my rent.

Now I just write a cheque for my storage unit because it is an older business and it's the only way.
I don't mind. My rent is now paid to a different individual due to moving, via direct bank transfer.

My credit union gives me free pages of cheques anyway.

posted on Nov, 13 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Their customers no longer pay enough in cash to support the practice. That means stores need to get cash from the bank in order to process the cash backs. Used to be they wanted to get rid of the excess cash to reduce possible losses. Now they assume more liability /losses if they have to bring more cash into the stores.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join