It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Acting CIA Director: “Thank God for the Deep State”

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Zelun

His attitude makes it easier to believe the "conspiracy theories" surrounding the 9-1-1 attacks.

The "Deep State" is apparently capable of anything...no moral restrictions in place.

How do you define the "Deep State" CWM? Zelun and I shared our definitions, do you mind sharing yours?

Anyone in top levels of government who does not willingly carry out tasks that support the current President's agenda. That's my definition. They should either "play ball", or quit.

Wow. Thank you for your honesty.

I mean that sincerely.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh! No, it just seemed like for a while there your posting dropped off in frequency. I'm saying glad to see you back!

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Not asked of me but I'll answer anyway.

To me, the "deep state" is, for the most part, a collection of career govt employees, spread out over numerous agencies.
The highest concentrations seeming to be in the "intelligence community', Senior Executive Service, DOJ, FBI, Pentagon and State Department.
I think these individuals are a major factor in people arriving at the conclusion that "both sides are the same, it doesn't matter who we elect". These people are the personification of "status quo".

These specific individuals, unelected mind you, believe that they are the true leaders and policy makers of this nation. They're the "experts" after all. With an unmatched level of hubris, in many cases they decide which policies are truly implemented and those that are not.

I'm sure there are factions that exist, at times jockeying for funding and power, but every now and then their interests align. That's exactly what happened when Trump was nominated to run for POTUS. He's an existential threat to their status quo. It's this battle that the administrative state has waged against Trump that tells me he might be the real deal.

The big question for me: Who pulls the deep state's strings?

Whoever they are, I imagine it as a collection of people who, much like the deep state, have their own factions and jockey for power and money but every now and then their interests align...

posted on Nov, 6 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

Who operates the shadow government?
Probably a democratic collection of people that respect a hierarchy.
There would be ego limits applied to those allowed in with voting privileges.
I couldn't even link tape 65.2 from the JFK library so there are limits concerning IP disclosure to the public.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Lol

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: elDooberino

Always feel free to answer anything I post.

I hear what you’re saying, but in my mind, what you’re describing is a function of every human system ... entrenched bureaucracy. Particularly in a system like ours where we basically change direction completely every 8-12 years, those who always “remain behind” who have the technical workaday skills to keep everything running ... JUST on the edge of inefficiency just enough to make it all bad enough to insure that the “normals” get frustrated enough to change out the leadership agenda every ... 8-12 years.

Rinse and repeat.

To my mind, those people look at Trump or Obama or President as “the temporary help” ... and for the most part, they’re right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join