It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Acting CIA Director: “Thank God for the Deep State”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

They did impeach Clinton

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Clinton got a slap on the wrist and told he was a naughty boy. He then smiled and continued on with his Presidency as before. His impeachment is just a note in history.

(post by Steveogold removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: BrennanHuff22

Absolutely...

I would bet money I can tell you exactly what happens..

A trump spokesman will come out and say “their actions were troubling, but didn’t rise to the level of criminality..”

Why??

Because troubling is free, and criminality requires actual evidence

You must be right. That's why it is now classified as a criminal investigation, and the DNC House is freaking out, pushing a fake investigation of their own. Lets all stay tuned. The best is yet to come

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I know the deep state exists you maroon.

JFK is the reason i found this site 15 years ago.

Truman said it was a mistake to create the CIA, JFK said he was going to splinter it into 1000 pieces. He did not get a chance to since they killed him. My concern is Trump will be taken out by the DS.
edit on 2-11-2019 by PhilbertDezineck because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

Do you recognize irony?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Impeachment is only going to empower Trump ... the Senate WILL NOT remove him.

What's going to be the limit on his power then? I'm not sure, but I don't think a civil officer can be impeached twice.

Because, let's face it, the only thing we have left in our government is partisanship.

The Democrats are doing their part to set up the next phase. Nothing more.

IMO

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I do. Irony would be a former or current member of the deep state admitting to its existence, and praising its role in attempting to overturn a lawful election, and those statements still being interpreted as some sort of refutation.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun

I do. Irony would be a former or current member of the deep state admitting to its existence, and praising its role in attempting to overturn a lawful election, and those statements still being interpreted as some sort of refutation.

The only rational definition of "the Deep State" based on what ardent Trump supporters claim is: anything that is negative to Donald Trump.

If you didn't detect that the guy was poking fun at the idea, you missed the point.

What he did say, in ironic contrast, was that if so the "Deep State" consists of a whole host of individuals some appointed by Mr. Trump. He was quite obviously implying that the term as used by ardent Trump supporters is ridiculous.

Impeachment is not an attempt to "overturn a lawful election" it is a Constitutional remedy reserved to the House.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BrennanHuff22

Declassified 17 years ago but you still can't link it..

Tape 65.2, John F. Kennedy Library, President’s Office Files, Presidential Recordings Collection

Best example of deep state activity that I can remember..

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Do you agree with him then? That the "Deep State" is a laughable idea?

Do you think the Intelligence Community, the MIC, and entrenched bureaucrats are how they should be?

Just wondering.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

Do you agree with him then? That the "Deep State" is a laughable idea?

Do you think the Intelligence Community, the MIC, and entrenched bureaucrats are how they should be?

Just wondering.

Are those my only two choices LOL?

Yes, the term Deep State as applied to anything negative toward Trump is laughable.

The rest is as it has always been ... self-interested.

As to what I believe about TPTB?

They are there. They control world wealth flow, and everything we see or catch wind of is far down the line from them.

They do not show their faces and we do not (will not) know who they are.

If that is what you mean by "the Deep State" then sure I believe in the concept.

As a by-word for everything ardent Trump supporters don't like, nah.

edit on 2-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Fair enough.

I would argue in addition to the points you made, the deep state (in this case) heavily includes the IC.

IMHO, due to the nature of what they do and how they work, they have pretty much everyone in DC by the shorts. Don't like what they are doing or thinking of cutting some funding here or there? That is a quick trip to scandal town. Sure it helps when so many DC-ers are sociopaths or at least of questionable character to begin with. Makes the job easy.

With regards to Trump, I am not a fan nor a hater. The DS exists irrespective to him. If the last three years are any evidence, the IC does not like him and they make it clear via their outreach in the MSM. Again, maybe he makes it easy too.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

The intelligence community has a certain level of power, as does the bureaucracy ... but they are not primary players.

Humans, given the chance will do two things: split into groups and compete over territory.

It is one of my pet beliefs that TPTB actually have some basic rules for their Grand Game that they always observe. One of those is, they have to leave clues about what's "really" going on even though that leads through a labrynthine trail of paradoxical denial.

(Yeah, I know this doesn't make any logical sense.)
edit on 2-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Nobody expanded and gave more unaccountable and bureaucratic power to the deep state than the tag-team of George W. Bush and Barack Obama. Those two presidencies are going to leave a dark stain on this country that will be felt for generations to come. There couldn't have been a worse one-two punch in U.S. presidential history.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Zelun

The only rational definition of "the Deep State" based on what ardent Trump supporters claim is: anything that is negative to Donald Trump.

If you didn't detect that the guy was poking fun at the idea, you missed the point.

What he did say, in ironic contrast, was that if so the "Deep State" consists of a whole host of individuals some appointed by Mr. Trump. He was quite obviously implying that the term as used by ardent Trump supporters is ridiculous.

Impeachment is not an attempt to "overturn a lawful election" it is a Constitutional remedy reserved to the House.

Well, I disagree that your definition is the only rational one. Perhaps when you limit it as such, it is, but that's not what it is. The "Deep State" is a cabal of conspirators deeply embedded in many levels of leadership globally, who pursue an agenda independent of that desired by discrete nations, generally. This is the best definition I could muster on short notice, to describe what I mean when I say the "Deep State." A very notable facet of this group is the Military Industrial Complex which Eisenhower warned us about, though it has evolved significantly since then. It might now be better termed as the "Military Industrial Computational Financial Intelligence Complex" or MICFIC, though their tendrils also dabble in Narcotics and Human Trafficking. Maybe you can come up with a better acronym.

Now, in the context of this video clip, this is a man who sold us the story of WMDs in Iraq, as a justification for invasion. Yellowcake Uranium, do you remember that? Implied, yet not stated, that Saddam was seeking a nuclear capability. And why wouldn't he, after all? Turned out, though, that intelligence was less than reliable. The Intelligence Community of the time when this man served in leadership roles produced that work product. That's some deep state #, if I do say so.

Generally speaking, you are correct in that "impeachment" is not an attempt to "overturn a lawful election." More specifically, however, this current impeachment effort is pretty clearly, in my mind, and attempt to remove Donald J. Trump from the Office of President, for reasons that are best stated as a belief in the illegitimacy of his presidency at first, and now on a basis of being "unfit" for office. We can go back and forth on that a little bit if you like, I see this whole thing as one collective effort, since even before the inauguration in 2017, to stymie, obstruct, and ultimately remove this guy. All the while he seems to be making good calls, using the strengths of his subordinates. Very executive.

Then there's the rhetoric. I can excuse that too, based upon the sort of rhetoric he's up against. I think, if I was still in school, I could write a thesis on how Donald J. Trump's use of Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals demonstrates a zero-sum game in the realm of the rhetorical, with regards to detractors and his defense. Blow for blow. It's actually some of the most exciting political speech of this century and the previous. Crazy times, my friend.

You mentioned in another reply something that resonated with me too, I'll dig it up:

It is one of my pet beliefs that TPTB actually have some basic rules for their Grand Game that they always observe. One of those is, they have to leave clues about what's "really" going on even though that leads through a labrynthine trail of paradoxical denial.

Yah! Totally! I not-so-secretly believe this too! I think that they believe that their "magick" won't work unless they give you the opportunity to know the truth. I think it's sort of an esoteric Law that they follow, hearkening back to Alistair Crowley's stuff. Their method of mind control(and let's be honest, we're talking about psychology here, which is a sort of scientific magic) doesn't work unless the mind has information allowing itself to discount itself. Know what I mean? The part of the spell where you jokingly acknowledge the power you're trying to take over the subject is crucial, because it precedes refutation. Then when somebody says "they're just selling you a line of bull" your response could be "they warned me you would say that." See!

Anyway,
Best!
z

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Are you talking about the "grand game" of the Third Reich?
The ancient myths provide transparent context that can serve as a guide, the myth of Jörmungandr for instance.
The truth is we all live in the land of Nod due to our own choices.
What hijacked your world that night to a place in the past you've been cast out of?

edit on 3-11-2019 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

I don't think they're referencing what you are. I'd encourage you to refrain from bringing up that old #. Nobody sane thinks the things those particular ideologues did. Please don't frame the words of my friend in this fashion.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I wonder if McLaughlin would have spoken such high praise about the DS had they gone after Obama with hammer and tongs. He sounds like another dedicated servant of the Progs.

Cheers

edit on 3-11-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: less acidic

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I did present my opinion as an absolute statement: allow me to rephrase.

In general, when I have seen ardent Trump supporters refer to "the Deep State" what I see is basically a rhetorical tactic ... a bugaboo utilized to explain away any negativity directed at Mr. Trump by referring to some imaginary phantom menace.

I say this because it is my understanding that anyone or anything seen is not what I'm talking about when I say TPTB.

I see that you are not what I generally refer to as an "ardent Trump supporter." Therefore, beg pardon for painting with such a broad brush.

So, remember when I said that They have to more or less "make the truth available" as part of the Game? I'm sure you've run across the oddities surrounding the old Steve Jackson game "Illuminati"? (No, I don't think that game in either variation was made or promoted by TPTB, what I do think sometimes is that was a reaction of the human zeitgeist to the TBTP) If you ever played the original game, all of the elements we normally think of in conspiracy studies: MIC, IC, etc. are merely ... pawns or vessels or sock puppets ... were used by the various cabals ... used and then discarded as temporary tools.

Anyway, enough about that; I won't make the same mistake again. You're in the same or a nearby circuit, LOL.

The whole matter is really not even possible to be talked about in reasonable terms.

Mr. Trump is a part of the "open game" or "revealed wisdom" or "voice of the aeon" or ... well, you get the idea.

Thanks for taking the time.

Best.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join