It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Storm Secret Impeachment Hearing Today

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I've no argument against doing that. I'm against the, on the face of it, shady manner in which it's being done.

As I said above, if it's bad enough to warrant an investigation into possible impeachment--I don't think it is, but that's not the point I'm trying to make--it's important enough that it should be open hearings. Not closed door.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: Gryphon66

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:36 PM link quote reply
Do I detect an air of desperation on the part of Trump devotees?

My friends have coined the term "Trumpets". In that they are always loudly defending Trump.

Yes. A small group, relatively speaking, but always the loudest. Like that indian (native american) tactic of howling as you approach to make your group seem larger than it is. Very effective. Until you arrive and everyone realizes you are not that many.

My friends coined them The Gullibles. Not the Deplorables, because most were just too naive to know what was being done with them. The Gullibles.

Ya'll sure go through a lot of work to disparage groups of people who don't think like you. We just call them assholes.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Let's not forget:

In 2017, the GOP passed House rules that prohibited protesting to obstruct the House floor, mandating a $500 fine for first violation and $2,500 fine for second.

Among the Republicans who voted to prohibit filming from the public floor of the House in 2017: Gaetz Scalise Biggs Brooks Gohmert Olson All are part of today's riot, which included trying to film from INSIDE A SCIF.

Link

Laws for thee, not for me.

Except they weren't on the House floor.....

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I don't disagree.

Whatever charges they have better be, ironically, unimpeachable.

Democrats have always had a tendency to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

What a dumb time to ignore precedent.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

My friends have coined the term "Trumpets". In that they are always loudly defending Trump.

Yes. A small group, relatively speaking, but always the loudest. Like that indian (native american) tactic of howling as you approach to make your group seem larger than it is. Very effective. Until you arrive and everyone realizes you are not that many.

My friends coined them The Gullibles. Not the Deplorables, because most were just too naive to know what was being done with them. The Gullibles.

Ya'll sure go through a lot of work to disparage groups of people who don't think like you. We just call them assholes.

Now that's funny.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: seagull

I don't disagree that the Ukraine thing is among the weakest reasons I've heard to impeach President Trump.

However, at this point, the Committees are investigating referrals and charges some of them sensitive because of whistleblower status, etc.

When and if Articles of Impeachment are drafted and sent to the floor, I'm pretty sure the evidence gathered will be presented to the public, and if not then, at the Senate trial.

Is this process supposed to just dig as much dirt as possible, so when it's all thrown at the wall, there is some hope of something sticking? Or do the members of the House deserve to know and understand fully what is really going on? I only ask this because without the GOP having subpoena power, and being able to call witnesses, there is only one side being looked at now. Maybe that's how it's intended, but when you look at all other impeachment processes, none of them looked anything like this. Wonder why that is?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

a reply to: queenofswords

this tweet is why I really have an issue with all this"

That’s special when no other impeachment was handled this way. Now that Democrats have set the precedent for secret, closed hearings, Republicans will be free to use it on the next Democrat President.

Plus, after the dust settles here, if Trump was to ever do something really bad that warrants impeachment, who is going to believe it? The little boy who cried "wolf". Read it, know it. Don't be it.

In "The Boy Who Cried Wolf", the townspeople were smart enough to realize the lie after 3 times. In reality, we have people who are so stupid they still haven't figured it out. Every week it's a new lie to string the sheep along and every week it's the same reaction followed by "IMPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEACH!!!!"...

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Just so I'm understanding this correctly, when they had the public hearings about the whistleblower, the GOP made a point to say that having them in public instead of behind closed doors was to make it a spectacle and to get media attention. And that never has a whistleblower complaint had public hearings about it.

Now that the hearings are behind closed doors the GOP is saying that it is all in secret and super evil? WTF.

I mean, Jim Jordan, Nunez, and other big R names are already in on that meeting. Its not like its just Democrats in there.....

link   

So we actually sort of agree, again...

This is getting worrisome...

Anything of this magnitude has to be done on the up and up. Any hint of partisanship, and it's way, way too late to avoid that, and it makes for really bad images.

The Democrats should, in my not so humble opinion, back off this track they're on. The possibility of it back firing is getting increasingly likely. If it does...??

They lose the House, probably in dramatic style...lose further in the Senate, maybe not so dramatically, but they'd be facing a super majority, at the least.

...and the White House?? No time soon, would be my guess...though the American voter has a notoriously short memory.

link   

ATS is entertainment. Have to treat it as such since it is usually days between an intelligent debate can be had.

If I wanted to have a debate with like minded people I could literally go anywhere else on the internet. This is pretty much the only remaining alt-right place to find all Trumpets.

It's like I said in another thread. When I post here I feel invigorated, I feel like a Spartan, like Leonidas going against 20 Persians all at once. That's how it usually is, one poster against about two dozen. It's great exercise.

And we're still more civil and don't call people names. Calm down.

link   
a reply to: underwerks

Say that again? All I heard was "Baa-a-a-a-a-a-a-a"

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: underwerks
Let's not forget:

In 2017, the GOP passed House rules that prohibited protesting to obstruct the House floor, mandating a $500 fine for first violation and $2,500 fine for second.

Among the Republicans who voted to prohibit filming from the public floor of the House in 2017: Gaetz Scalise Biggs Brooks Gohmert Olson All are part of today's riot, which included trying to film from INSIDE A SCIF.

Link

Laws for thee, not for me.

Except they weren't on the House floor.....

The House is operating under rules that Republicans put in place in 2015. That a full House vote is NOT required.

THEY made the rule change and used it to their own benefit when it suited them (when they were the majority party). It was fair then. Now that they are in the minority, suddenly its so unfair?

Lol

link   
Although both parties serve on Adam Schiff's committee, I think only certain Democrats were allowed in on the interviews in the sciff. Correct me if I'm wrong about that.

link   

Succinctly put. Well done.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I'm kinda curious how a one-party committee/lynching which disregards the population represented by the various republicans is in the best interests of national security Rep. Omar, do please explain it to me. Please.

I understood the committee listening to the hearings, depositions has Republicans sitting on the committee, do you not trust those Republicans?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I'm well aware, I read sources. Currently going through the polling data and the first 2 polls oversampled Democrats by 5 - 10% and did all their polling in liberal areas. Just like the last presidential election, the polls are rigged to favor Democrats.
edit on 23-10-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: typo

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

What if the polls are sampling populations, not party affiliations, and there just happen to be more Democrats in demographics?

link   
Transparency is everything when it comes to government and in the case of trying to impeach a President, any lack of transparency is incredibly wrong.

I agree this was a stunt, but it does highlight that the hearings are being held in secret and the wrongness in that.

Transparency should not even be a partisan issue in fact. There is only one reason for lack of it. Why anyone on either side would be comfortable with secret hearings to remove a President is beyond understanding. In particular on ATS.

I think people need to set aside their partisan leanings long enough to realize what kind of precedent is being set here. Elections are how we pick our Presidents, not secret hearings behind locked doors. Any other time, everyone here would be screaming for transparency.

link   

I like em all. Every name y'all come up with for us is terrific because we all know you nerds are projecting yourselves on us and are too dense to realize it. You got anymore?

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
It's a publicity stunt.

Good. The issue needs publicity.

Since the left is intent on burning the place down, no need for the members on the right to wear gloves.

""Let's make sure we show up wherever we have to show up....And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere." -- courtesy of Maxine Waters.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join