It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Republicans Storm Secret Impeachment Hearing Today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+47 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Finally! Adam Schiff is out of control and acting like a cat that just ate the canary and is trying to hide the feathers.

The entire impeachment "hearing" is cloaked in some DDD (Democrat Dirty Deeds).

The Republicans with jurisdiction decided to find out what the hell is going on. They stormed the secret meeting and Adam Schiff had a cow and shut it down.

GOP lawmakers storm closed-door impeachment session, as Schiff walks out

Rep. Bradley Byrne tweeted this: twitter.com...

He is on the Armed Services Committee and said in the video provided in the tweet that the person they had in there was a deputy secy. of defense.

The American People are getting steamed about Adam Schiff's secret behind closed doors games.

It's time to bring it all out into the light of day. I, for one, am glad some Republicans are saying "enough is enough".

+23 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Republicans actually showed some balls?!

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

It's about time! Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi don't care about protocols, precedents, and procedure. All they understand and use is DDD.

I think the pressure Americans have been putting on our reps to stop this clown show or bring it into the light of day is having some affect. Finally!!

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That would imply they had some to begin with.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Democrats slammed them in response. Rep. Ilhan Omar, D-Minn., tweeted: "This is what happens when people elect members more interested in media hits than the protection of our national security."

I'm kinda curious how a one-party committee/lynching which disregards the population represented by the various republicans is in the best interests of national security Rep. Omar, do please explain it to me. Please.

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

At least one also broke the law and then realised he’s an idiot and tried to cover it up.

edit on 23/10/2019 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Gaetz is not on the Intelligence Committee. Nor are any of the other 30 members. It's a publicity stunt.

Schiff merely suspended the meeting and left the room until the agitators desisted.

The House rules allow the Committee's to hold closed door meetings.

Do I detect an air of desperation on the part of Trump devotees?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Now if we could only get Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham to stand up to this charade...

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

this tweet is why I really have an issue with all this"

That’s special when no other impeachment was handled this way. Now that Democrats have set the precedent for secret, closed hearings, Republicans will be free to use it on the next Democrat President.

Plus, after the dust settles here, if Trump was to ever do something really bad that warrants impeachment, who is going to believe it? The little boy who cried "wolf". Read it, know it. Don't be it.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It isn't an impeachment hearing. It's an inquiry. The impeachment hearings come afterwards, and are completely public.

This has to be one of the stupidest moves ever by Republicans. Ranting about how this is a "secret" hearing, when there are Republicans on the committee asking questions. Storming a SCIF with recording devices..

Totally the actions of the law and order party..

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Agreed. They have replaced a balanced and fair precedent with one of a potentially dangerous and toxic nature.

Things are getting scary and crazy.

edit on 23-10-2019 by TomLawless because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Gaetz is not on the Intelligence Committee. Nor are any of the other 30 members. It's a publicity stunt.

Schiff merely suspended the meeting and left the room until the agitators desisted.

The House rules allow the Committee's to hold closed door meetings.

The intelligence committee shouldn't be handling this in the first place. This is the very first time in history.

Do I sense an air of desperation in the never Trumpers?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Fox News is told about a dozen Republicans are still in the secure facility known as a SCIF. In another complication, some non-committee members brought in phones and other electronic devices in possible violation of House rules.

If this is true that they were in a SCIF and that some people brought in electronic devices. There's a problem. You cannot bring in electronic devices to the SCIF. The SCIF is a secure room that has sensitive data in it. Though this sounds like they were in there to listen to sensitive testimony. If the people barging did not have clearance they don't belong in there for any reason.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ahhh, the sweet smell of desperation. The desperation of fake Republicans who are nothing but surrogates for a reality TV star turned president.

They know the end is near and there is no way in hell that anyone who lied and made excuses for the president will retain their position. This is an existential crisis for them. Stand up and double down on lies or be quiet and be swept away with the river of refuse.

This is a truly desperate act, but I understand it completely.

edit on 23-10-2019 by Oraculi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

It's about time! Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi don't care about protocols, precedents, and procedure. All they understand and use is DDD.

I think the pressure Americans have been putting on our reps to stop this clown show or bring it into the light of day is having some affect. Finally!!

Actually, Pelosi and Schiff are following House Rules to the letter. Gaetz and his merry band of attention seekers are the ones disrespecting the House and proper procedures.

What "pressure' have Americans been putting on anyone to stop anything? Every poll shows that more Americans are in support of impeachment last I looked. Summary of multiple polls

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Nah. These are totally the actions of a sane and law abiding group of Republicans.

Led by FloridaMan Matt Gaetz..
edit on 23-10-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That's the thing, isn't it? The precedent has been set.

...and now it can be done to every President to follow Trump.

(post by grey580 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

no the sensitive data is BROUGHT to the S.C.I.F.

if the S.C.I.F. is empty (no classified data) it's just a room.

I think they even have a sign out front near the door to show what/which classification is currently inside

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

That is most definitely a problem. On that I agree completely.

This is a grandstand play by the GOP, no doubt of that. The Dems screwed it up by doing this in the first place.

Closed door hearing on a matter of this magnitude are not the right way to do things. Open hearings should be held.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join