It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Final Star Wars trailer,,,,,ugh

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The final trailer for the rise of Skywalker has been released.
There was hope that JJ Abrams could salvage something from the trilogy.
He directed the force awakens and it was pretty good, not great, but a solid enough base to get the trilogy rolling.
Then rian Johnson took over for the last Jedi. It was a steaming pile of wokeness that had many plot holes and story lines that crapped all over the franchise.

The second movie made $600 million less worldwide that the first and $300 million less domestically.
For the math geeks that a drop of 35% worldwide and 34% domestic.
After watching the last trailer it wouldn't surprise me to see the same drop again.

They throw nostalgia at us again even though they crapped on all the original characters except Leia...
They expect us to believe darth emo is a threat to Ray even though she has easily beaten him twice already...
They show us emotional scenes where we are supposed to feel something for characters that have no bonding moments in the previous movies,,, Ray,Leia,, C3P0 and the gang... Ugh...
We see darth emo without his mask in all but one shot...so why did he bother repairing the mask?
We hear the emperor cackling in a desperate attempt to fix killing off Snoke as the big bad...

I gotta say, any hope I had was lost, admittedly it was little hope, but it was hope...
Not going to bother seeing this one unless I hear some great things for others.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

THAT LOOKS... appalling..

can't.. erm.. wait?

I hate the new SW.. so little anything, all cgi.

Guess the kiddos like it.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Whatever Jar Jar Abrams didn't kill with The Force Awakens, Rian Johnson bayonetted with his weepy self-loathing dirge.

I'm just calling the last one a wash.

The Disney Star Wars characters are all beige and forgettable.

They should just call this one:
THE DEMISE OF SKYWALKER

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

THAT LOOKS... appalling..

can't.. erm.. wait?

I hate the new SW.. so little anything, all cgi.

Guess the kiddos like it.

The irony that your avatar is a horse...

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This isn't really about the trailer, and it's not a dig at you OP, but I have a hard time with this new (to me) slang involving the word "woke".

Why would a group of people on a "conspiracy site" use the word "woke" in a disparaging way, when it conflicts with the red pill/blue pill imagery that so many defer to in relation to the subject matter on hand??

Honestly, do conspiracists have any room to make fun of others beliefs?

Just seems like Newspeak to me is all. Maybe a true psyop.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

I agree. The only new character that doesn't come across as a wood plank is Poe and they "put him in his place" in the last movie.

Such a shame.
I liked daisy but she's a Mary Sue with no flaws....boring.
Adam driver is a great actor too but they made him a whiny puss.

So much potential wasted.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

The last movie was pushing so much political agenda is could have been a candidate in the election.

But to answer your question, yes,, I can make fun of other people's beliefs...
Flat earth anyone?

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Waiting for things to be released from the cinema and game of thrones to finish seem to be keeping me alive these days , BBBuuuTTT - [ I am dyslexic ] it better be better IMHO - than the Joker 2019 or

I am with you on the last installment of this franchise , It sucked
as is most of the stuff coming out if you are not into super hero stuff or like CGI like me , John Wick 3 i felt it was like watching a kids computer shoot it up game at times , G-d i am old i was watching 1927 Metropolis en.wikipedia.org...(1927_film) not long ago because everything on Popcorn time i had either watched or did not want to and you know what it was not that bad
felt like a kid again for a few hours , Hopefully this will live up to the hype for Xmas

Na nu na nu

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
But to answer your question, yes,, I can make fun of other people's beliefs...
Flat earth anyone?

Touché carry on

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I thought the movies were visually beautiful.
They just lacked in storytelling.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

JJ Abrams was/is awful. Not a fan of the direction he took the movie.

At this point the movies are just eye candy for fans. I don't expect much from this new one.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
From what I can tell this one will have a huge space battle with... space horses running on ships and two characters I don't care about having sword fights. Seems they are going to kill off C3PO and maybe R2D2. At this point, I won't be surprised if Lando Calrissian and Chewbacca blow up with the Millennium Falcon.

Also what the hell is with all the ice? Why is cloud city a giant ice cube? The Death Star remains look cool, but when you think about it for just a second it is a huge WTF moment. That thing blew up in a spectacular fashion. There is no way it should even exist and it landing on Endor's moon or whatever which I am guessing should have been an extinction-level event. Big things falling from space have that effect.

Also what the hell is with Vaders mask? Luke had a huge Jedi bonfire send off for him. Just think about what Darth emo had to do to even track down the thing.

I am not going to see the movie even if people say it is good. The last turd I mean Jedi still has me mad. I love Star Wars which is why I am so negative about it. It is because I know how good it can be. If you see a friend destroying themselves with drugs you don't help by giving them money to buy more.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I thought the movies were visually beautiful.
They just lacked in storytelling.

I filed it under [ give me the money .com ] nostalgia or anything with a number after it

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I have to agree with the 'Critical Drinker' once again.
NSFW Warning.

edit on 10 22 2019 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Good god! Sounds like I'm not the only one seeing this...lol

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I love old movies myself.
We just watched "7-year itch" with Marilyn Monroe the other night.
She could pull off any role that woman.

As for the OP,
I really enjoyed the force awakens, but The Last Jedi.... what a disaster.

I hated that they turned Luke Skywalker into a joke.
Rian should have been kicked out of Hollywood for what he did to SW

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

I like the old ones too...
Try Niagara with Marilyn.....

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

whole bunch of spoilers have come out about the movie and im actually kind of looking forward to it now

you are right on the nostalgia aspect as they plan to include a bunch of stuff from all eras (ghost from rebels you can see it in the trailer,clone wars era ships etc)

kylo ren isnt the big bad in this one that goes to shreve "i am the senate" palpatine but at least they are ditching the kylo and rey love situation

they did make some changes to appease the Chinese which may help it internationally but am not a fan of such things (guess the chinese dont exactly like ghosts or same sex kissing although i think the latter is staying in) and knowing JJ hes probably gonna go with a blue filter again which is irksome least to me

in the past few years we have seen a resurgence of star wars media not just in film that is expanding upon the lore and even bringing back some stuff that we thought was no longer cannon (see thrawn) we have had rebels,new season of the clone wars, and some new show called the Resistance(haven't seen any of this,my sister has me prewatch all shows her kids wanna watch lol) and we are getting close to 3 or 4 new star wars video games and probably countless novels

so while some aren't fans of the new movies ive found most of them at least tolerable if not good movies but i grew up watching starwars so im just glad were getting more even if its gone a bit SJW for my liking

its still what it has always been a massive universe that blends scifi and what amounts to space fantasy(see space wizards that are the jedi and sith) and if you view it like that its basically the same its always been

www.gamesradar.com... of these the mandalorian is what im most excited about and really hoping Asoka shows up in the most recent movie as i was a huge fan of the clone wars growing up

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
This isn't really about the trailer, and it's not a dig at you OP, but I have a hard time with this new (to me) slang involving the word "woke".

Why would a group of people on a "conspiracy site" use the word "woke" in a disparaging way, when it conflicts with the red pill/blue pill imagery that so many defer to in relation to the subject matter on hand??

Honestly, do conspiracists have any room to make fun of others beliefs?

Just seems like Newspeak to me is all. Maybe a true psyop.

The only thing worse than "woke" is "woken/awoken."

The only thing worse than the first ST trilogy is the last ST trilogy.

I may watch it on a DVD coming soon at a garage sale near you.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join