It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurds agree to pull back . Hopefully peace will break out .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Despite sporadic fighting still going on under the cease-fire and threats from Erdogan. Redur Khalil a spokesman for the YPG has announced that Kurdish forces are pulling back to the edge of the safe zone.

Hopefully the withdraw will be made peacefully and we can put an end to this mess.

By the way a third rate politician flew there today. She’s going to waste her time or try to steal the thunder.

Khalil, the SDF official, said his force would withdraw and move back 30 kilometres (19 miles) from the border after the planned evacuation.
He said only after that would his force pull back from a 120km (75-mile) area between the towns of Ras al-Ain and Tal Abyad. 
This is the first time the Kurdish force has publicly acknowledged it will withdraw from the border, saying it has coordinated with the Americans. 
Previous agreements between the US and Turkey over a "safe zone" along the Syria-Turkey border floundered over the diverging definitions of the area.
Khalil said a partial evacuation happened earlier on Saturday from Ras al-Ain after much stalling and with US coordination.

Don’t be a fool ! Looks like the letter worked.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Good. Maybe this move will save the Kurds from genocide, after USA shamelessly turned their backs on them because they could not use them anymore.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Finspiracy

Good. Maybe this move will save the Kurds from genocide, after USA shamelessly turned their backs on them because they could not use them anymore.

"coordinated with the Americans", but sure, ORANGE MAN BAD.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

"coordinated with the Americans", but sure, ORANGE MAN BAD.

Well wasn't that original. From the next one i demand my Reeeeeeeee comment.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Crikey Fin. I think the yanks in this case may have done a better thing for them. Where the yanks were positioned, there was tension. Turks head south regardless.

Leads to further bloodshed. Least let this situation play out before saying the Kurds were back-doored by US troops.

Brokering a peace between the Kurds, Syria and Turkey won't be easy. It's an untidy mess that a nation from the other side of the world will never sustain a peace there militarily.

Do you want the Americans to remain there and fight the Turks as well?

Presently the withdrawing nation is attempting to find a solution and the Kurds would be well advised to pull back and keep a cool head and not antagonize the Turks in their buffer zone until the issue can be at the very least tempered. From my perspective, the US at this juncture doesn't want to be invited into another war with another nation.

ystävällisiä siunauksia

Bally

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Give it up, and give credit where due.

There was absolutely no way this issue was solved without the loss of blood. As it turns out, there was probably less loss of life, in the long run, then if it had been drawn out, perhaps for decades.

I can actually see both sides of the arguement, but if you take a rational view, rather than one of political bias, things could have turned out a lot worse.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If you're going to "parrot" the President, I believe he called Pelosi a "third-grade" politician. This from a President with a third grade education.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
If you're going to "parrot" the President, I believe he called Pelosi a "third-grade" politician. This from a President with a third grade education.

3rd grade education? Really?

I don't think he is an Einstein level thinker, but he isn't stupid, or uneducated either.

It seems exaggerating for effect is not excusive to President Trump.

Pot meet kettle

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MiddleInsite

Wharton Business School is third grade these days?

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

I’m curious.

Did you ever at any time complain about America starting wars all over the world ?

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
yay
no americans died

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
yay
no americans died

Exactly for a 30-mile strip of meaningless land, let's wait and see how it all plays out. But right now nobody is shooting and between these two thats a good thing.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There's no easy, bloodless, way out of the mess our warmongering foreign policy "experts" have made.

It's ALWAYS bloodier--and endless--when they get their way, however, and the blowback from the peoples who have had their loved ones & lands bombed into an apocalyptic wasteland is basically what creates & sustains the terrorist mindset.

Blowback is a term originating from within the American Intelligence community, denoting the unintended consequences, unwanted side-effects, or suffered repercussions of a covert operation that fall back on those responsible for the aforementioned operations.

To the civilians suffering the blowback of covert operations, the effect typically manifests itself as "random" acts of political violence without a discernible, direct cause; because the public—in whose name the intelligence agency acted—are unaware of the effected secret attacks that provoked revenge (counter-attack) against them.

Blowback

It's like some of you flip-floppy far-left folk have a 3rd grade education when it comes to the follies of war...

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
As a veteran I have a serious problem with this whole scenario... trump just bowed down and became erdegon bch... and in the process he threw allies that fought and died for us by the thousands under the bus to be slaughtered by erdegon... who simply wants to rid the border of all kurds so the pkk fighting him in his own country and helped try and overthrow him have no where to hide... it has never been about the Kurds who fought isis for us...

turkey is not our ally and have not been for a long time... they ally with russia and have helped iran subvert sanctions, these are facts.. they would not even help when we actually asked them to help fight isis but now they want to kill the people who fought isis for us...

Look, all kurds are not ypg, that is just BS. YPG is an offshoot of the PKK and a label used by erdegon for fighters in n syria when in reality they are kurds, assyrians, arabs, and others... but he wanted to label all kurds, including those in Iraq as YPG because he labeled them terrorist a long time ago and it completely validates his illegally invading 2 countries and killing innocent men and women...

It is BS... these people were are allies... they are the only reason isis was depleted... they fought the battles trump and others did not have the balls to fight... they protected our forward air controllers which allowed us to actually call in fire and artillery on the enemy and destroy most of them...

Look, these were enemy using our own vehicles and equipment that the iraqis just left and ran.... the kurds fought them with only the heavy weapons they captured, cus we would not give them heavy weapons, they fought for us anyway....

This whole thing has been a betrayal and BS, Trump is a coward... you want to bring some troops home and save some money start in germany where we spend billions a year and thousands of troops have been there since ww2... but not in the most strategic place in the world, the middle east, why, 2/3 the worlds economy comes from there, the oil, and it where I countries closest ally is under constant threat, Israel... many today don't want to see us support them, but this is and always has been a christian nation and from washington to Lincoln and on they got down on their knee's and prayed to the Lord for this country, get it....

Trump is a coward and we depend on allies in country to support us in every conflict and no one will ever help us again... they know we will just betray them and leave them to die..

This veteran calls BS.... we don't leave allies who have fought and died for us to die, ever... not since vietnam....

Oh an for coward trump, there has not been a loss of a million in combat since ww2, not even close... now we stood by like cowards and let assad kill 500k civilians and even with gas, which we also swore we would never do again after ww2... just another show that obummer, trump, just cowards... the military would have gladly gone in and given our lives to protect those who were not able and defend the right to liberty and freedom everywhere, what we stand for and we never leave allies who fought and died for us behind.... friggin coward...

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: dlbott

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

This is the thing that sticks out to me most lately when I read these threads. I'm interested in the topic obviously and follow the middle east but a 30km safe zone is not the genocide of their people. The U.S. wouldn't sit by idle if something gross were to happen like that. If anything, it's a small land grab that isn't actual territory in the long run but an area of influence. The Turks wouldn't have to worry about Kurdish groups using the border area as a staging ground for terror attacks on Turkey which many in recent past unfortunately are.

No one seems to acknowledge that because they'd rather run with the popular opinion ball that paints their leader as wise as possible to the utmost saving them from genocide, the big G word. Turkey would have to invade hundreds of km south and east into Syria but most importantly Iraq to do that, it'd never happen. They'd start a major war by going any farther south than the 30km proposed safe zone, and it'd be with Russia and Syria.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Have you read any of the specifics of how all this started? Doesn't sound like it. You are big on feels and light on factoids.

Erdogan--a fellow NATO member--apparently said he was tired of waiting and was moving in. At that point decisions had to be made. Sounds like Trump made the best decision possible all things considered. Especially since this is all somebody else's mess.

I suggest you write your congressperson and have them do their duty one way or the other.

(post by Flyingclaydisk removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

so, you want to go to war with NATO.

why?

explain why you want to go to war with NATO.

like it or not, Turkey is a member of NATO

what other NATO members do you wish to war with??

I think N ireland would be good, and hey New Zeeland would be cool too.

why don't we just taker over the planet, just to be sure....👀🐱‍👤😈

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Can someone who was in favor of not relocating the U.S. 1,000 personnel explain to me what the point would've been to keep them in perceived harms way? Turkey would've called it off? They would've simply been more careful. That's Turkey's backyard, not ours.

It wasn't "pulling back" so much that we're talking about, it's the reasoning and politics given as the explanation by the administration.

Perhaps it was a moment of: Here's our chance to make the move we've been wanting to make now that ISIS is taken care of; out of that mess which is only liability and no foreseeable short term gain. Election year is coming up, let's be realistic. All is well that ends well. (My favorite saying when I make mistakes on the way to acheiving a goal)

They could've easily position the small U.S. force out of real harms way but still in token harms way enough to lodge strongly worded protest in support of the Syrian Kurds. It was a calculated move that the administration had been waiting for a reason to make. With the initial political backlash, it wasn't smooth but as the president tweeted, thanks America for staying behind me during this unconventional approach. He's confident that he knew what he was doing all along. No need to sugarcoat it as stopping a genocide.

A big deal was made so that you'd make a big deal in support or defense of said actions. The administration isn't going to tell the people officially that it was time to leave Syria anyway fo good reasons despite the unfortunate side effect of our "allies" being attacked. MSM paint Sunni Arab groups as hardened special ops and the Kurdish forces who beat ISIS (with our help but were enthusiastically willing and able to do so) as defenseless women and children being slaughtered in a 30km zone with the international eye on them. CNN would love to post stories of civilian casualties and atrocities but strangely they have nothing.
edit on 20-10-2019 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join