It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not enough people falling for DNA testing they are paying people now

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
learn.lunadna.com... NeIYFxnPcCQrX3AjDu9Q0UFSFsMVhZEkvQAEfZIDmjB64-WFhWVXg

Want a conspiracy? Somebody/some company/ some powers that be, wants our DNA, badly.
I knew it was a matter of time. There are only so many people interested in DNA testing for ancestry research.
A lot of that isn't even that accurate. Then they said you could lose weight by DNA testing, but then people found out that wasn't true.
Now this...
Nothing motivates people like good ol' fashioned money:

Proceeds earned from research flow back to data contributors in the form of dividends, ensuring everyone wins.

Is that website creepy or what. It looks like something from Terminator or another Scifi movie....

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

internethealthreport.org...

This site is a lot better at explaining why giving your DNA up is a bad thing.

23 reasons not to reveal your DNA...
You may be discriminated against in the future. In the United States, health insurers and workplaces are not allowed to discriminate based on DNA. But the law does not apply to life insurance or disability insurance. Who knows in your case, where you live? Some day you could be compelled to share genetic information with your own insurer.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
They probably want to do blood magic with your dna....

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Seriously. Something about that gives me the creeps.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   

IF DNA information was held for the common good and treated ethically then it would be a brilliant medical tool.

But if something can be corrupted, used for power, weaponized or controlled for financial gain - even patented then it will be and has probably already been at least to some degree.

Ethical could lead to tailored treatment's, tailored vaccines and clones organ's and body parts for treatment.

Unethical, corporate property not because they invented it but because they were the first to get there and slam in a patent application,. Tailored virus and weaponized biological and chemical compound's, using the population as an organ bank FOR the elite without there consent you simply disappear some day and no one knows that you have been abducted and your organ's taken because they are a good match for some VIP somewhere,. Controlled tailored medication and disease for PROFIT motivation and of course POPULATION CONTROL and NAZI like Genetic Eugenic practices.

The problem is that the Cat is well and truly out of the bag, we are dealing with a small part of a Pandora's Box like explosion here and perhaps the best we can really hope for is to control and limit damage by making as many ethical law's and regulation as possible expecting the Military and Corporations to try to hinder this or simply ignore those very law's intended to stop them from the abuse they will - and probably are already committing of this science.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

None of those points particularly concerns me, to be honest.

I'm fascinated with genetics and would love to find out about my own genetic origins. I've never actually got around to doing it though, don't really know why. Maybe its just laziness, or maybe its my instinctive conspiracy theorist nature... who knows?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Not only are you finding out where you 'possibly' may have come from but you're giving your DNA ownership to them by doing so.

Now you won't even own your own DNA. Priceless.

What Do You Think They Will Ultimately Do With It?

What if your DNA can cure cancer? Who do you think would get the credit? Not you... You no longer own it.

Not to mention if your DNA or someone that has your DNA (possible) is found at a crime scene - you're giving up your due process right there.

edit on 17-10-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I said I would never do it but received on as a gift and felt embarrassed not to use it as they(Family member) waited for the results.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My question is, is the DNA your sending them covered under hippa laws? I mean, can a law enforcement agency compel them to turn over said DNA just like cell phone records? I mean since you're not receiving medical care It doesn't seem to fall under hippa, it's a service, just like a Netflix account? It seems awesome but I don't like the idea of my DNA floating around.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

haha that was a trap too. They shoulda done it for you but prolly too afraid to.... unless they wanted to know who's kid you REALLY were. lol
edit on 17-10-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The ads are getting quite funnier. Ie, now they have people (Are they real customers) swearing they were 'shocked' their ancestors are from where their fance and surname look like.

What's next, free eye scan? They already have most everyone's fingerprints and blood types, already.

When we're born, where does the umbilical and blood test go??

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppositeoftruth
My question is, is the DNA your sending them covered under hippa laws? I mean, can a law enforcement agency compel them to turn over said DNA just like cell phone records? I mean since you're not receiving medical care It doesn't seem to fall under hippa, it's a service, just like a Netflix account? It seems awesome but I don't like the idea of my DNA floating around.

The answer is no. They are already using DNA data from these companies for criminal cases.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

What if your DNA can cure cancer? Who do you think would get the credit? Not you... You no longer own it.

So it's better to never know that your blood could cure people?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Yeah that's what I thought.. No thanks man. Im pretty sure that I'll never commit a crime where they're going to need my DNA, but I still want it under my control, not some random people at a company following a court order...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
MY DNA!
MY CHOICE!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The government have my DNA already so I can't do anything about that, but although interested to know more about my ancestral past I doubt I will ever willingly/knowingly provide my DNA to a private company, even for money 😱

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Join Ancestors.com and get your DAN tested to find out where you come from!

This message brought to you by the NSA, CIA, FBI, and SSA.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

If “they “ are controlling ancestry.com, why not the hospital too?? We leave dna EVERYWHERE.

This conspiracy theory reminds me of smart meters..

Remember the conspiracy where the government was gonna spy on us through our smart meters... all while we use smart phones for all our communications.. lol

Scientists want our DNA because if they had everyone’s and a detailed account of medicAl history and such .. They could tell what markers did what, and from there the sky is the limit..

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
a reply to: SeaWorthy

haha that was a trap too. They shoulda done it for you but prolly too afraid to.... unless they wanted to know who's kid you REALLY were. lol

Instead of my saliva should have sent doggie drool

I think they are looking for something, maybe those perfect genes to use for clones, or the ones they want to keep when they sweep the rest to "Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature."

Inscriptions
A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles is engraved on the Georgia Guidestones[8] in eight different languages, one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages are: English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Traditional Chinese, and Russian.

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
They probably want to do blood magic with your dna....

Especially if you are AB -+

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join