It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not enough people falling for DNA testing they are paying people now

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter
a reply to: StallionDuck

What if your DNA can cure cancer? Who do you think would get the credit? Not you... You no longer own it.

I don't believe that's true. I think they must give you at the very least, attribution & credit, and if there's any financial compensation you must be paid. They only own the sample that you send them for the testing purposes outlined *only*.

Ancestry, 23andMe and My Heritage have all resisted law enforcement efforts to obtain DNA results.

But, but, but . . .

Investigators used DNA and an online genealogical database to hunt down and arrest the Golden State Killer. But now those tactics are raising privacy and legal issues.

www.npr.org...

. Today, a genealogy site called GEDmatch said that it had been told its database had been used to identify the suspect. It's a free, open-source site based in Florida where users can upload their profiles from other sites like 23andMe.

But unlike those other sites, GEDmatch is different in that the uploaded information is shared publicly. In its statement, GEDmatch warned its users, quote, "although we were not approached by law enforcement or anyone else about the case or about the DNA, it has always been GEDmatch's policy to inform users that the database could be used for other uses."

The company said any user who doesn't want their data used for non-genealogical uses should remove it from the site or not upload it in the first place.

you were saying?
edit on 20-10-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: glomphurumphblubs

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

That is, considering that big pharma doesn't care about your health, only your money.

that's a Truly Scary thought, when you look at it from a Purely Business perspective!

e.g. what IS Big Pharma's incentive to 'cure' anyone!?

after ALL, it's "sick people" who are their customers . . . and 'curing' people = Reducing demand

And what Business committed to "making money for it's "shareholders" would intentionally Act in a way which Reduces the demand of their "consumer base"?

NONE! That's how many!

After all, from a purely business pov;
Why should Big Pharma "care more" about people and Less about "making money" than say, Big Oil?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl
a reply to: JAGStorm

>>> Some things that i thought of right off the bat. They want a DNA database so if some billioniare needs a kidney and you're a match, they know where to find you. They want to trace our racial origins since something about the evolution theory doesn't quite add up. They want to have a DNA database to rest super bugs or chemical agents and now what to release and where. Maybe we're unknowing relatives of alien hybrids and don't even know it. They want to track unsolved crimes with DNA samples that haven't turned up any leads. Thats been done already. You get some bogus DNA ancestry profile while they sell you're profile to anybody who wants it.

Scary story... I was getting a small surgery done years ago, when I declined organ donation the woman that came to ask me about it was visibly angry when I said no. I was too distracted by my impending surgery to think about it. However after I talked to my husband about it and I seriously wonder if they would have killed me if I said yes. I am probably the cleanest organ donor imaginable (being an adult), I've never smoked, drank, or done drugs. I don't have hvp, which I'm told is very rare these days..

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: JustJohnny

The difference is the legality of it. With the DNA company, you're willingly GIVING your DNA to them and telling them they can give it to whomever they please.

Incorrect!

The forms I signed had boxes to check only if you WERE WILLING to allow your DNA to be used for any other purpose than straight genetic testing to determine your heritage.

Period.

Not sure who you dealt with (Vinny "Bent Nose" DNA Co?) but I'm good.

And my attorney would eat them alive if they ventured anywhere near something like that.

Hell, he'd probably pay me for the opportunity to go after their deep pockets...

Wait...there might be an unethical idea hiding in there somewhere...

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

What if your DNA can cure cancer? Who do you think would get the credit? Not you... You no longer own it.

So it's better to never know that your blood could cure people?

It is, if sometime in the future you are seen as little more than cattle is today. Think about it, using your comment as basis, why shouldnt you give up your life (and all your blood) if it means helping others? After all the needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few (or the one), right?

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyJetson

Another good example is Amazon.

Jeff Bezos, who owns Amazon, made 78.5 BILLION dollars in the last 12 months. That's $6.54 billion a month. That's more than $1.5 billion a week. That's more that $215 million a day!!!

When is too much enough?

If you handed me 215 million.... Hell... If you gave me $50 million period, I would NEVER work again. Hell, I would build a legal binding contract that would give a different person my job every single day, preventing them from changing anything and ordering them to give it to some random person the next day - and so on... I'd totally share. I couldn't see myself spending, needing to spend, wanting to spend 50 million dollars in my lifetime. How people do it blows my mind.

I mean... I can only afford so many call girls in one lifetime.

78.5 BILLION a YEAR!! Let that sink in.

Now tell me that the head of a pharmaceutical company or lab would totally be ok giving away a cure for anything after he's made his first 78 Billion....

Bezos does the most vile things to not only keep making that amount of money but to actually make MORE. He totally screws over other people who have ideas to make money if he feels it'll make more money for himself. Like the diaper guy who made a successful company on selling low priced diapers (Through Amazon as a customer OF Amazon) to people who couldn't afford high priced diapers. The biz was so successful that Bezos offered to buy it. The fella refused so Bezos started his own through Amazon and made the price so low that the fella could no longer compete and sold it for whatever Bezos wanted to give him - defeated! Bezos then bought junk quality diapers sources to replace the better quality diapers, charging customers whatever he wanted.

That's some evil $#!^ right there. The guy already makes BILLIONS. He offers a door for you to sell through his company, the very thing that made Amazon successful and if he sees something he like that will make him more money than the cut he's taking from you, he'll steal it and put you out of business.

And we let these immoral people succeed.

So yeah... They would totally monopolize and monetize and endless supply of temporary fixes than cures. Money only makes us greedier for more money.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: looneylupinsrevenge

Your making a giant leap from giving dna to giving up my life.

Two very different things.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   

....That's not correct at all. He's only worth 100 billion. If he made 78 of it in the last year he'd be worth at least 300 billion.

Amazon the business only turned a 28 billion dollar profit last year, so I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that bezos the person made 78 billion.

I don't think you understand how amazon works or how business works in general.

Bezos then bought junk quality diapers sources to replace the better quality diapers, charging customers whatever he wanted.

I mean, if that's true, the guy should just open his business back up and sell the same diapers as before for the same price. Shouldn't be too tough being that he already knows how to do it all.
edit on 22-10-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyJetson

what IS Big Pharma's incentive to 'cure' anyone!?

Because cures don't prevent. If they cure the cold you'll still get it, you'll just be over it in a day instead of a week. If they cure cancer you'll still get it, you'll just recover and be able to get more cancers later in life. Cancer is the funny one. "Big pharma doesn't want to cure cancer!" Yeah, they want their customers to die. Genius business model.

C'mon people. Use your brains.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I have been saying for a while now, this push for DNA testing is something larger we are unaware of. And people should either proceed with caution or avoid it altogether. (My unprofessional opinion? AVOID IT ALTOGETHER.)

They are either gathering data purely for profit/insurance purposes or they are hard looking for someone or something.

The under-the-surface reason (to distract people and get everyone in an uproar about the wrong thing) would be the most obvious to me: insurance denial/coverage/etc.

The UNDER-under-the-surface reason they DON'T want people to catch onto is the search for whatever person/blood line/etc.
There is way too hard of a push in the past few years. I sense desperation on someone's part in this.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

My sister did the DNA test, we had the second highest concentration of Neanderthals to date. We look like Viking stock

Well. I have a little less than 4% Neanderthal. Something like, more Neanderthal than 98% that have had their DNA analyzed.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyJetson

That is, considering that big pharma doesn't care about your health, only your money.

Why should Big Pharma "care more" about people and Less about "making money" than say, Big Oil?

Coincidentally both industries started by the Rockafellah's.

Or is it?

Both fields started out with oil only one proclaims it still today. I mean how many people would buy drugs labeled made from snake oil?

Both cause devastation to the planet tho.

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
What I would be afraid of is ethnic cleansing. Say like what has been done in Asia. A certain family takes over a country. They then kill the other family. They could use DNA to track down a certain lineage and wipe them out.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Now the aliens don't have to bother abducting us anymore. They just hack into the DNA files and create clones to do their bidding here on earth.

In all seriousness, though, the idea of voluntarily giving your DNA out to these undercover arms of the alphabet agencies always seemed foolish to me. You know it's all going on file in some massive database, right? Stop on the side of the road one day to take a leak while traveling, and it just so happens to be where some serial killer dumps his bodies ... and well ... next thing you know your puddle of urine is tracked back to you and you're sitting in a cramped cell on death row wondering what the hell just happened.

posted on Nov, 14 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck I know that my bone marrow is a cure for lukemina. I have what they call a
JAK 2 mutation and the bone narrow makes to many red blood cells. It is medically unethical to give my marrow, because the reciepent would then have my JAK 2 marrow. I asked my oncoligest about that, because my mutation is controled by a drug called hydroxy urea. I think if I had a killer blood problem, I'd gladly swap it out for a less deadly problem.

posted on Dec, 22 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

friend, you've nailed it. The ONLY 'reason' I can come up with for the behavior of such people is a Major Inferiority complex

akin to the commanders of WW1 and their beliefs that "over the top boys and into the valley of death" was an "honorable" thing to do

this person speaks the truth about their mutation www.mayocliniclabs.com...

The Janus kinase 2 gene (JAK2) codes for a tyrosine kinase (JAK2) that is associated with the cytoplasmic portion of a variety of transmembrane cytokine and growth factor receptors important for signal transduction in hematopoietic cells. Signaling via JAK2 activation causes phosphorylation of downstream signal transducers and activators of transcription (STAT) proteins (eg, STAT5) ultimately leading to cell growth and differentiation. BCR-ABL1-negative myeloproliferative neoplasms

'neoplasms' aka cancer

that they are not allowed to share it is mindblowing! and it's DEEP!

edit on 22-12-2019 by JohnnyJetson because: ^($^%*#%$#@@$#

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join