It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Earth's human population evenly split - 50% female, 50% male?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I know that some countries have an issue whereby there are actually more human males than human females (to the point that it is something of a "national crisis" e.g. China and India).

But, generally speaking, on a planetary level, is Earth's human population not 50% female and 50% male i.e. nearly 4 billion females and nearly 4 billion males?
edit on 5-10-2019 by TheRepublicOfCanada because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I once read that more male babies are born but more male babies die than female babies so it evens out the numbers.

Countries that allow or tolerate the abortion of babies based on gender skew those numbers.

And then there are countries where girl babies are born but neglected to the point where they die before reaching school age for the sole reason that their gender is devalued.

Sal

a reply to: TheRepublicOfCanada
But, generally speaking, on a planetary level, is Earth's human population not 50% female and 50% male i.e. nearly 4 billion females and nearly 4 billion males?

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
In humans, the natural ratio between males and females at birth is slightly biased towards the male sex, being estimated to be about 1.05 or 1.06 males/per female born

Human Sex Ratio Wiki

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I wanna say it is close to that but a few percentage points lean female...

I think because males do not carry the child so you need a hair less to break even..

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

With a strong cultural bias for males in much of the world, and abortion for any reason, sex selection is not only acceptable but often encouraged in today's world. Worldwide there are more virile males than fecund females and the ratio will continue to be unbalanced as long as countries with higher than replacement rate births (3rd world countries) have a strong cultural preference for males ; a cultural disdain for females ; and rampant culturally approve misogyny practices.

ourworldindata.org...

globally in 2017 the share of women in the world was 49.6%.

The evidence that highly skewed sex ratios at birth have been largely the result of gender discrimination and selective abortions has been well-established across several countries. We discuss the reasons for this discrimination here.

It’s estimated that today there are over 130 million ‘missing women’ in the world as a result of selective abortion and excess female deaths

The imbalance in genders making them "equal" happens only because men die younger than women. Starting around age 50, the world wide ratio of males to females of the same age, becomes equal. By age 50 if a man has not married his chances of marriage or having a partner is extremely low. www.citylab.com...

By age 90 women greatly outnumber men who are in their 90's. So yes worldwide the ratio balances eventually and looking at straight male to female numbers. But it still is really bad news for young men who want to marry or have families or even a sexual partner who is female.

So there is still a large imbalance, shortage of women for men at an age when they desire to start a family and when their sexual virility is at it's peak.

The worldwide gender balance, female to male ratio, doesn't happen until men reach an age where they need the little blue pill to function sexually.

edit on 10/5/19 by The2Billies because: formatting addition

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRepublicOfCanada
I know that some countries have an issue whereby there are actually more human males than human females (to the point that it is something of a "national crisis" e.g. China and India).

I have read that it is more like 51% Female and 49% Male - do to greater death rate in all age brackets - that's the XY chromosomes for you.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: TheRepublicOfCanada

I have read that it is more like 51% Female and 49% Male - do to greater death rate in all age brackets - that's the XY chromosomes for you.

Sorry that is wrong. This doesn't happen until people of the same age are in their 50's. Read the article I linked to.

If you want to know the real truth. There are women out there for men, if a young man is willing to have a women between the age of 50-90 as his sexual and marriage partner.

This fact alone should make polygamy illegal throughout the world. It also should encourage polyandry to allow young men to have families if they want them.

edit on 10/5/19 by The2Billies because: addition

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
I once read that more male babies are born but more male babies die than female babies so it evens out the numbers.

That was true until modern medicine came along. Under modern conditions, the difference in birth numbers resulted in a male surplus in western countries.

posted on Oct, 5 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There are always more women than men, even when there aren't.

🤞

top topics

join