It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Four police officers killed in Paris knife attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

Maybe nobody in the room had a gun.

I seem to remember an unarmed French cop getting blown away by a fully automatic weapon a few years ago.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It would have been a lot worse if he had an automatic rifle capable of firing hundreds of rounds per minute with a huge clip.

Just saying.

But yet he was still able to carry out a "mass murder" with a knife. It "would have been a lot worse if..." he used a truck with a huge gas tank to run down a crowd of people.

Just saying.
edit on 3-10-2019 by panoz77 because: added info

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I just came back from EU last Saturday and in every country I went to the police were in full battle armor and weapons at the level that our military in Afghanistan would be. This goes to show once again if a person wants to kill you can not stop them. This guy could have taken a truck down busy Champs-Elysées sidewalk and killed a 100 if he wanted to.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

I would do that because I don't want to hurt anyone. Not even a crazy person

Most people don’t want to hurt other people.

Plus I think it would be better for the society to learn why they do these things.

It would be better. Not at the expense of other people’s lives, though.

I've had to deal with violent people putting knives and guns in my face several times. I haven't yet felt like I had no choice but to kill the guy.

You’re exactly the superhero we need, then. Plenty of work for you to get started on.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
From the source article.

The attacker had also recently converted to Islam, according to the French news channel BFM TV.

So now, if we want to, we can shift from a pointless, circular write-only orgy of finger-pointing about gun control to a pointless, circular write-only orgy of finger-pointing about Islam.

How fortunate for us all.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Well, what do you know. An Islamic convert who didn't want to deal with women. That's a shocker.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RMFX1

You beat e to it.

Headline reads:

Deaf Islamic convert is named as Paris police HQ attacker: IT worker who fell out with supervisor 'after he refused to deal with women' slaughters four colleagues, including female officer, with a knife - as police arrest Muslim wife

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
From the source article.

The attacker had also recently converted to Islam, according to the French news channel BFM TV.

So now, if we want to, we can shift from a pointless, circular write-only orgy of finger-pointing about gun control to a pointless, circular write-only orgy of finger-pointing about Islam.

How fortunate for us all.

Indeed, my concern is that he is deaf, although he's an I.T expert and so could have watched extremist vids he is definitely behind the 8 ball in be radicalised so deeply.

More like a hatred of police for whatever reason otherwise he would likely have attacked unarmed everyday citizens for a more extremist impact and toll count.

Just another nutter who lost the plot/snapped who just happened to be a recent convert.

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Police officers should be outlawed to keep police officers safe

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Is there a point? And do you know the laws regarding fire arms in any country? "Automatic."

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

any one walking into a pd to kill people even if they work there does not plan on walking out , i think it was from 3 or 5 years ago but i bet you can still find it on youtube but some guy fed up with cops in his area (and i think like a bunch of other issues) walked into a PD w a shot gun and just started shooting tell the cops lit him up. some people for what ever reasons just decide "screw it" and snap and usually its innocents that pay the price, at least in this case his targets could shoot back and were actualy in a job that requires them to handle this kind of thing ( only in comparison to like say bastards that go shoot up schools/churches/gun free zones not trying to rip on cops here mind you) not that is in any way solace to the victims families. havent read through the thread yet but do we have any kind of motive other then "disgruntled" employee status?

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ManWhoWasThursday

eh as far as european police forces the french are pretty well strapped and due to proximity to tunisia and other north african nations illegal guns in france are more common then other European nations ,think french pd have mp5's,hks,fmas? and a few of the cops carry legit machine pistols but that is usually limited to the french version of swat and the gign?

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

www.minutemanreview.com... just for future refrence because it irks most people who know guns the proper term is magazine in 90% of cases vs "clip"

exceptions to this do exist like say stripper clips which are used to load either internal or detachable magazines in rifles,half moon clips and "speed loaders" for revolvers which in the former's case hold the rounds when you put them in and can some times close the cylinder and the latter which you twist a nob to release all rounds into the cylinder at once then close it. and of course the most famous example "en bloc" clips that go into M1 rifles that hold the rounds together and then it pops out (with a distinctive PING)

and the rarest at least as far as civilians get access too are Belts but in most cases those get fed into legit crew served weapons like ma deuce,goryunov,browning machine guns and smaller portable ones like the RPK,M60,m240 and various other examples

not trying to give ya greif mind ya just that i can feel the eye twitch from all the gun owners on ats every time clip gets tossed out

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

eh drugs can make a lot of normally effective non lethal weapons moot. beanbags tend to work in most cases but some people fight through tazers and pepper spray. you are one of the few people ive heard bring up nets so perhaps that is a new idea to ponder but they see most use with animal control. there is some kind of foam i think they were testing a few years ago but cant remember the name of it and for riots some kind of for lack of a better term "special slime" that makes everything very very slippery and lrad crowd control using sound

posted on Oct, 3 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Phencyclidine(PCP) or Methamphetamine(Crank) can make anything more than a bullet to the brain rather redundant, for a little while anyway.

Seen people getting tased on that stuff, bite half their own tongue off, and just keep right on going.

edit on 3-10-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
WOW! look at thees two posts!
Paris knife attacker was recent convert to Islam

and this one!
Paris police attacker had suffered 'psychotic fit', says wife
this one says this!
" I first thought it was a suicide because there are a 'LOT' of those at the moment"

so the Night before in bed he starts acting crazy?
sounds like MK Ultra/ C I A did a job on him.
but why? who did he kill?

They made him go crazy and blame islam.
sound like they are going to keep hitting us with small
attacks and no more big ones like pearl harbor/911.

edit on 4-10-2019 by buddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join