It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for UFOs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hello ATS

To those that have and haven’t seen anything unexplainable in the sky, how much time have you spent looking?

I’m trying to get some idea of what the chances are of actually seeing something if I spend time looking up.

Could I spend hours every night for years and still see nothing?

Would love to see a black triangle or something

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: knackers323

Come on over to Elma, WA - a friend of mine see's them almost every night in his back yard.
Not the black triangles but UFOs.

That being said - pretty much your best chance of seeing one is to go to where people report seeing them.

That made sense right?

I hope you find what you're looking for.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I've had a lot of sightings. I've seen two types of triangles, maybe 6 or 7 orb type UFOs, a giant blue streak of light in the sky, a huge spinning cloud vortex thing off the coast of San Diego and a giant fireball about the size of a school bus that was so close I felt the heat from it.

Every sighting I've had has just happened out of nowhere. Not once have I ever seen one when I've been looking for one.

Maybe you just need to sit back and let what happens happen.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Im nearing 50 and got my first telescope for Christmas when I was 10.
I send more time outside looking up than most people.
Never seen anything I would call a UFO.

Shooting stars and satellites...

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

There are so many ufo sightings in the San Luis valley in southern Colo. that they have UFO bbqs on the deck in Salida Colo.

www.nuforc.org...

www.amazon.com...

edit on 28-9-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You're in the film industry so why not get the film rolling?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
A tribe in the rain forest watching a plane for the first time.. that would be a mass sighting of a UFO for them...
A strange looking plane could be a UFO for me and not for you.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I think that sometimes it's more about what area a person is in than the person. I grew up in a really weird place with local hauntings, the Bell Witch, the famous Kelly alien encounter, sasquatch sightings, dogman sightings, and pretty much everyone I know has seen something weird at one time or another.

My dad has seen a giant fireball the size of house hovering in the yard outside, my uncle saw a spirit float out of the ground blowing a trumpet, a ghost once showed itself at my grandmas to everyone in the middle of Thanksgiving dinner, I've seen doors open and close by themselves in the same house..

I think certain areas might act as a conductor that allow people to see strange things and I've been wanting to check out the San Luis Valley in Colorado for a while. For some reason when I'm in these type of places I always have an encounter with something.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It's not just ufo's in So. colo., 4 corners, Taos, it's high strangeness that defies description. I was fishing once on the San Juan, and I had an experience that I can only describe as religious, very surreal and semi frightening.
It's so common up there you almost get used to it.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

What do the ones your friend sees look like?

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Seen strange zig zaggers,blue wavy things/rings, some kind of space elevator on the moon (super weird)
classic saucer, orange plasma ball, and a black triangle,

Best advice i can give is to just take a look as often as you can, and also, for some strange reason, those days when i have seen them, i have thought about them, they seem to know that you are thinking about them.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

I've never seen the classic saucer. That's the one I've always wanted to see. Maybe that has something to do with it.

posted on Sep, 28 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It was very smooth same size as a car, shiny metallic, eventually went hiding inside a cloud.

But it was not that impressive, i suspect it was man made.

The black triangle made me panic, messed up my brain for a second, very intimidating, sent me running.
Did not look like a military craft at all, but who knows.

It had narrow bright red geometric patterns all over it, like lines creating square like patterns.
edit on 28-9-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

They also fly so low that if you are not careful, you will get more than just a haircut,

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: knackers323

Probably.

Besides being at the right place at the right time you also have to be looking in the right direction, so that makes it really hard to find something by chance.

Your best option would be to do it on a place already known for having many sightings.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   

You could spend 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year watching the sky and you could see nothing that would classify as a UFO.

You could go outside and glimpse at the sky for a second and see something unidentified.

There are places to go that would increase your chances if you want to see a black triangle.

'or something' can be seen if its passes in your viewing perspective.

Its why you can spend hours a day and see nothing or just a second and see something.

We have a limited perspective if using our eye sight alone.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: knackers323
Hello ATS

To those that have and haven’t seen anything unexplainable in the sky, how much time have you spent looking?

I’m trying to get some idea of what the chances are of actually seeing something if I spend time looking up.

I don’t know about a triangle but I’ve caught a number of odd things in the sky in WA state - particularly via taking pictures.

The visual light spectrum is the problem imo. Photos can help bring these objects out or into focus.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

You could also use this:
www.heavens-above.com...

I've freaked friends out with Iridium flares; *check clock*, "Hey, look over there!"
edit on 9/29/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
create a time window and see what you see in it. example, a lot of peeps who see stuff are smokers, they have time windows, ie - a cigarette after dinner, usually the same time every day. so at 6.30 or thereabouts every day they are under the sky for 15 min or whatnot, like a routine. I used to do that, now i live in a flat and smoke indoors so don't see UFOs so much...no time window under the stars really, just sporadic walks now and again. standing outside is far better than looking through a window. you want your senses tuned in to the sky/nature. a trick with the starry sky is often to look "nowhere", at a black part. your peripheral vision will pick up on anything odd, moving star etc...! I guess the bottom line is--have an interest in (and a routine of) looking at the stars? because the things you hope to spot are amongst them. good luck!
edit on 29-9-2019 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Weather you see anything unidentified or not will be highly dependent on knowledge of the atmosphere, and atmospheric phenomena.

Those who have little experience are much more likely to see objects/phenomena they can not identify.

In 20 years of obsessing with observing the sky, I've observed nothing that could not be something "mundane", although in many cases things have looked odd enough that I can see why someone with less knowledge would be tempted to label them "UFO".

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Im nearing 50 and got my first telescope for Christmas when I was 10.

Do you still remember that feeling of elation upon seeing Saturn for the first time through a telescope?

I think I screamed with joy as a kid and woke up the neighbourhood!

As for UFOs... same here... nada, nuthin', zilch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join