It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for UFOs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: knackers323
Could I spend hours every night for years and still see nothing?

Well, you probably wouldn't see "nothing." There are all kinds of things flying around in the night sky, flashing and burning and twinkling. But you might be disappointed. They'll be unidentified, but they probably won't be like super obvious "alien craft." For instance, the other night I got a really good look at a meteorite that was actually a double streak. Two pretty identical trails right next to each other, zooming in. Now, I could say to myself it's highly unlikely that a meteorite would split into two roughly identical pieces such that it created a parallel trail as it burned up. So it must be a pair of alien ships coming through the atmosphere in tandem! But that wouldn't be true, just conjecture. Fun to see, though!

If you're going to look for UFOs at night, though, you really need to get a good stargazing app that shows you all the satellites zooming around. Also a flight tracker to eliminate planes.

Would love to see a black triangle or something

That would be super cool. There have been several people on this site who have gotten good looks at them (some with the help of Astr0). That would be something to behold.
edit on 30-9-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: knackers323

It would be easy for anyone to believe in alien visitation once they have seen their craft from fairly close range. But for that to happen you have to be really lucky. Really, really lucky. You have to be looking at the right place at the right time. Because they make no noise. They could be right over you and you would never know it unless maybe you saw their shadow. I saw my first one because it was so bright I could not miss it. But I would have never seen my second one if my dad had not seen it first. It would have flown right on by and we would have never known it was there.

And the only reason I saw two of them was because we lived right across the highway from the naval bases nuclear weapons storage area. Yet my friends who also lived there for many years never saw any. Right place - right time - right direction.

Your best bet might be to go to a place like ECETI ranch by Mount Adams, one of those places where things are supposedly seen at night on regular basis.

posted on Oct, 1 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   
keep your eye on the skies

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Maybe not look up. I spotted one on the ground.

China Built a Flying Saucer

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect

It would be easy for anyone to believe in alien visitation once they have seen their craft from fairly close range. But for that to happen you have to be really lucky. Really, really lucky. You have to be looking at the right place at the right time. Because they make no noise. They could be right over you and you would never know it unless maybe you saw their shadow. I saw my first one because it was so bright I could not miss it. But I would have never seen my second one if my dad had not seen it first. It would have flown right on by and we would have never known it was there.

And the only reason I saw two of them was because we lived right across the highway from the naval bases nuclear weapons storage area. Yet my friends who also lived there for many years never saw any. Right place - right time - right direction.

Your best bet might be to go to a place like ECETI ranch by Mount Adams, one of those places where things are supposedly seen at night on regular basis.

I have some “non-believer” friends who went up there to CSETI ranch with a hard core “believer” friend and they all said they saw “something” or had an “experience”.

But if that’s the case - why isn’t there more coverage of the ranch? Live stream? If I owned it, and this was almost a nightly occurrence, I’d live stream the events in 4K and prove it. I call BS on it.

If it was a real thing I can’t imagine it would still exist - feds would shut that down fast.

I say this is a person with zero doubt that the UFO/UAP/ET phenomenons exist and are real things. I just don’t think you can go to the ranch and guarantee any experience aside from a camping trip with other believers.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The only thing I could call an actual "sighting " was about 5 years ago. I was out swimming in the backyard and happened to look up. What I saw a slightly elongated triangle craft. It was very high up( no idea on actual distance, but way up there). Could see the outline perfectly, almost completely clear sky. I watched it for maybe a minute then lost it in the sun. Couldn't find it again

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join