It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Limiters or are we still kinda broke, you decide.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Do you think it is possible that humans have some sort of limiters in our brains making us not be able to use or brains full potential? Or do you think we are just not evolved yet to get abilities to use or brains true power?

In the videogame Xenogears the hero's eventually destroyed limiters that were placed on them and after destroyed it made them stronger. The limiters, in the game were there because of a advanced Country used nanotechnology. Could something similar be happening to us only instead of nanotechnology it could be something more advanced and intertwined with the very fabric of the Universe.

Could the limiters not be as effective to some people. Like Einstein was a bit more immune to the limiters but not by much because if someone ever had full power that person would make Einstein look like a moron. Is technology the way to break/hack the limiters?

The limiters may contribute to different problems people have like anxiety, lack of attention span, concentration, motivation, fear, addiction, and many physical problems like cancer. If we could control (truly control) our bodies then all that would be a thing of the past and usher in the age of true progress.

If limiters are real then are they there to "keep us down" or is it to protect us in the long run some how? Did we do it to ourselves or did some other force do it to us?

Then again we could just be monkeys trying to become smarter but not yet able to gain full control... yet.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think if we could use the full potential of our brains we wouldn't do much more than sit around navel gazing. The flood of information is too rich.

We have developed as an animal forced to survive as a number one priority. While it would be a wonderful experience to be able to see the world through all of that information, all the time, our ancestors would have probably all been eaten by lions or something similar.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is 2019
That old myth of just using 10% was laid to rest years ago.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Correct

We use 100% (75% on Sunday mornings)..

Any "limiters" are ego-based.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

Correct

We use 100% (75% on Sunday mornings)..

Any "limiters" are ego-based.

Peace

I wouldn't say we , until they gauge mine
Well , before that first cup of coffee , anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

Fluoride in the water. GMO plants will self-producing insecticides which act like nerve agents in humans. Mercury in fish. MTBE contamination in our water supplies.

All these poisons make human beings less intelligent.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Twitter doesn't appear to be helping either.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I encounter a lot of people self limiting with alcohol and orange wrist bands.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The only thing stopping me from bringing all sorts of new ideas to fruition is money.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
For some reason I'm drawn to the flip side of this argument, but it's not in disagreement:

Have you heard of the Stoned Ape Theory? It's not exactly what you're getting at, and I don't hold it in the same light as those that subscribe to the 10% brain usage, but it proposes that early humans expanded their consciousness through the use of psilocybin mushrooms. There may be something akin to that that we need to "consume" as people to remove the limits on ourselves, whether it be something metaphysical or just more mushrooms

edit: forgot to add this link en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9/22/2019 by WACKHUT because: added link

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   

LImiters? Sure could be. I suppose it depends upon how we set the baseline of human consciousness. Do we hold with total awareness that is limited or do we hold with a baseline of zero consciousness that develops over huge amounts of time and may or may not continue to do so.

But for me, I think it is more that our biological tools can only do so much. Spiders have reached their current potential. In the far future they may reach different potentials. Dogs, cats bison, redwoods seem to for now to have reached their potentials. We have potentials as well.

For some reason, which I do not understand, humans appear to have potential that goes way beyond the rest of life's kingdom on this planet though still held within the scope of the environmental forces that go into all it's creatures.

So, biologically, I think we run on routines and subroutines that run us through our lives. There also seems the possibility that in our case at least there is the potential for an exercise of free will, that is within us there might be the the ability to think beyond the programming that this environment provides.

It could be that this is the key to pushing away those limiters you talk about. It could also be that instead of canceling out the limiters, free will allows for an enhancement of new development within any person seeking to utilize it.

posted on Sep, 22 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

This is 2019 That old myth of just using 10% was laid to rest years ago

Well, there is ATS - a form of Limiter from getting on with our lives....LOL

posted on Sep, 23 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

There may actually be something to that in the Judeo-Christian religion. What I have figured out is this. Book of Hosea it's explained that Israel and Judah were to face a long term Leviticus 26 curse that's apparently still running. Hosea 6-2 states the curse would be 2000 years long followed by a 1000 year "day of Jezreel".

Now a detail about these curses is that those under these curses are not supposed to understand it.

Isaiah 6
9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Romans 11

7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear; ) unto this day.
9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

I'm really not at liberty to say what happened but when I figured out this curse I did have quite the experience. I got to hear the rushing of the wind from Acts 2. : )

Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.
For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
edit on 23-9-2019 by ntech because: (no reason given)

top topics

join