It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to play a Zelda game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
So was considering buying the Switch or whatever they are called these days, wanting to check out breath of the wild.

But i have not been very interested in these new consoles for one main reason- After buying the console+spices+games, i refuse to pay a monthly fee for being able to play the games,

So was wondering that is it the same for Nintendo? Is online "a must"?

If so, going to dig up my 64, and get a ps2 that is in working condition somewhere (also had great games).

Just hate if i have to make an account and pay even if i do not play a game for months and all that frigging hassle.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You are aware that you can play single player games on consoles without the monthly subscriptions? If not, that is the case. The subscriptions are only required for games that have an always online / multiplayer component.

Also if you've got a decent PC Breath of the Wild can be emulated via CEMU.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

The vid is just random rant about people not liking online for whatever reason,

Have thought about PC, might be for me,

But what i really want is to plug a console, play a Zelda game, like in the olden days

Do not want to be disappointed if it requires a monthly fee. Just want to keep it as simple as possible.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Uhhh , you did know the Switch uses cartridges , right ?
My son has one . Has the dock for his 4k TV.
Doesn't even have to turn it off. Just slide it out and go while still playing.
What made him decide to get a Switch ?
Skyrim SE

I am a hardcore PC gamer ,and have been , but I am getting one next month.

edit on 9/14/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: solve

I don't have a Switch and am not in electronic sales anymore, so I don't really keep up on the consoles since I just use my PC. With that said, though, you don't have to worry too much about online play with Nintendo. For starters, they're not really known for having the best online capabilities, even though they do have some games that can be played multiplayer online.

The main thing you'll have access to online with Nintendo is buying a bunch of digital games. There are a lot of newer games that may/may not be available via physical copy, as well as a pretty big list of old-school classics if you ever want to play the games you grew up on(assuming you did).

In regards to the new LoZ game, it's a rather huge game with a ton of stuff to do and you don't need to worry about online at all with it. I know there is going to be dlc for the game which you'll have to snag online, but I'm not sure if it's out yet or not. Some of the things I saw were a Majora's Mask and Midna helmet.

If it helps any, from what I've heard people say, the game is pretty darn big, so you probably won't even need any of the dlc. People are still discovering new things about the game from videos I see promoted on youtube.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I bought a switch to get BoTW specifically......it was worth it. For me, it is an 8.5 or 9/10 game. Pretty much free roam with a HUGE open world.......so much to explore and do.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Cartridges you say... you mean the games themselves? its cool.

Skyrim rocks!
edit on 14-9-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Most likely would play it for ten years on and off, just like some few other games.

Also heard rumors of a sequel, with the possibility of couch co op,

Member local offline couch-co-op...? i member...
edit on 14-9-2019 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
I bought a switch to get BoTW specifically......it was worth it. For me, it is an 8.5 or 9/10 game. Pretty much free roam with a HUGE open world.......so much to explore and do.

Exactly what i look for in games,

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
Member local offline couch-co-op...? i member...

I actually do and to be honest, not a fan much anymore. lol It all really depends on the game. My wife and I both have decent computers so when we play multiplayer games we like to have our own copies so we can have the full screen available to us. We don't like split screen or anything like that.

Certain games, though, are perfect for couch-coop, such as fighting games, beat-em-ups, things of that nature. If we play those then she just brings her ps4 controller over to my desk and we plug n' play. If the game offers online and/or LAN multiplayer, though, that's what we prefer to do, even if it doubles the cost of the game. Our pc's are next to each other anyway, and having our own copies allows one to still play while the other can't.

In other words, we're nerds. lol
edit on 14-9-2019 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Hmmm that's piracy you are promoting it's not a g game that was abandoned lol

I only pirate epic games exclusives

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The Switch is worth it just for Breath of the Wild, and you don't need an online subscription. Super Mario Odyssey is also REALLY fun. The only reason I went online was for Dark Souls Remastered, and I think it was 3 bucks a month.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve
a reply to: Gothmog

Cartridges you say... you mean the games themselves? its cool.

Skyrim rocks!

They are floating the idea of porting Fallout 4 to the Switch as well

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
The Switch is worth it just for Breath of the Wild, and you don't need an online subscription. Super Mario Odyssey is also REALLY fun. The only reason I went online was for Dark Souls Remastered, and I think it was 3 bucks a month.

Sounds good, i like the option of maybe grabbing a month just to get a DLC or something, As long as do not get caught in micropayments, also i feel kinda weirded out by other players, want to get lost in the game, away from other people,

This is why i play my games offline, or with another physical human being next to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Hmmm that's piracy you are promoting it's not a g game that was abandoned lol

I only pirate epic games exclusives

Bah, the point and click games, press R to jump just at the right moment, or die. Just a cartoon told with some inept interaction. Unless you use a trainer, when you can just pew pew everything. even the elephants. ha. take that elephant.

No.. you should get into minecraft. I do. I dig and I dig, and then I fall into a cavern in which there is a large lava pit and I die, losing all my redstone and iron and lapis... it's great!

new topics

top topics

join