It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan will dump fukushima nuclear waste into pacific!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Japan will dump fukushima nuclear waste into pacific!

I've got an idea, world concentrate all research areas in nuclear radiation and space tech. Move the nuclear plant/nuclear rods into space very far away from Earth and nuke it in space.
edit on 11-9-2019 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Such a mess, it seems a lot of country's currently have their own problems, this does look like something that more nations should be offering potential solutions too, surely we cant just dump it into the sea, its radio active waste not a dilute to drink cordial, I guess the wildlife in the area is already phked.

Is it a bird, is it a plane, no its......

Maybe fantasy will have to become reality to save us from ourselves

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Their nuclear expert is kevin kamps.
Hes an activist with an education in biology and chemistry.

Why didnt they get an expert in say, oh I dont know...nuclear energy?

They also noted the death count from Fukushima as over 2000.
None of those deaths were related to radiation.
They were related to the evacuation..

edit on 11-9-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Yeah just dump it in the ocean let the future deal with it!

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Yeah just dump it in the ocean let the future deal with it!

I mean, aren't they already dumping millions of gallons of radioactive water a day? Hasn't that been going on for... years?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The solution for pollution is dilution. That's what it comes down to?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

I mean, aren't they already dumping millions of gallons of radioactive water a day? Hasn't that been going on for... years?

True that! It's one of the last things I've read about it. And they half to
or else something really bad!

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Fuk my shima?
Well fuk yer shima, too, buddy.
Do you want a Godzilla?
This is how you get Godzillas, you know?

edit on 11-9-2019 by Homefree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I am sure every body here is going to be fine with that... They hate regulations and worship profit over the environment...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

As in “not yet” and “so far”?

There was a confirmed death last year as a result of Fukushima radiation and 3-4 workers that are sick now. I can’t imagine people involved in cleanup and first responders are going to go unscathed in the years to come. I guarantee Japan’s going to do what it can to cover-up any collateral damage in the years to come they’ve already proven so.

Dumping contaminated water into the ocean reeks of irresponsibility but options are limited I suppose. When I was a kid and learned about the dangers of radiation from nuclear plants I’d always thought there was nothing good going to come of it. We need to find alternatives to nuclear power besides wiping out everything in sight if there’s a problem. We have obligations and responsibilities to future generations and need to be held accountable for what we leave them, this isn’t it.

edit on 11-9-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Just a nother drop of water on a hot stone, so to speak, just that it is millions of liters and the hot stone is the ocean. Difference is one is a metaphor and the other sad reality.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

My understanding of the situation was approximately 300 million gallons a day. I could be totally wrong on that but that number had been floated around for a while.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

originally posted by: Bluntone22

As in “not yet” and “so far”?

There was a confirmed death last year as a result of Fukushima radiation and 3-4 workers that are sick now. I can’t imagine people involved in cleanup and first responders are going to go unscathed in the years to come. I guarantee Japan’s going to do what it can to cover-up any collateral damage in the years to come they’ve already proven so.

Dumping contaminated water into the ocean reeks of irresponsibility but options are limited I suppose. When I was a kid and learned about the dangers of radiation from nuclear plants I’d always thought there was nothing good going to come of it. We need to find alternatives to nuclear power besides wiping out everything in sight if there’s a problem. We have obligations and responsibilities to future generations and need to be held accountable for what we leave them, this isn’t it.

One confirmed death in the eight years after multiple reactor meltdowns.
Not exact world ending as some would have us believe.

I've read extensively on the meltdown at Chernobyl and the cleanup in the years after.
The Russians were completely negligent in the design of their reactor and the emergency response after the meltdown. Chernobyl was quite literally the worst case scenario for a nuclear disaster.
Fukashima is nothing like Chernobyl.

If you want some fun reading material, check out the world health organizations write ups on these disasters.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
well if the plastic in the oceans decays quicker by the radiation it will be an profit
otherwise the japanese loves fish so they can eat there own polution
no way that Fukushima will be an bigger disaster than Therrnobyl for political reasons… XD

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

the difference between thernobyl and Fukushima is that Fukushima was at seaside and thernobyl was inland… !
dry meltdouwn and wet meltdouwn

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ressiv

Containment vessel vs no containment vessel.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Much more important matters to discuss such as teaching children about trans people and same sex couples.

what correct words to use when out and about.

etc...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I can't believe Japan. Just dumping nuclear material in the ocean... How would they like it if someone just dropped nuclear material on th-- oh, wait...

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
a reply to: Bluntone22

the difference between thernobyl and Fukushima is that Fukushima was at seaside and thernobyl was inland… !
dry meltdouwn and wet meltdouwn

Chernobyl was a huge reactor that punted out a tonne of radiation with nobody doing much of anything to help, Fukushima was tiny in comparison and controlled very quickly, it hasn't stop hacks conning uneducated types into thinking otherwise however.

PS: They were both dry meltdowns, Chernobyl ran out of water due to negligence while the pumps at Fukushima stopped working after an earthquake, read up on it you clearly haven't.
wet meltdown lol

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Man, if Superman was real. We wouldn't even be antagonizing China due to corrupt gov media. Supe will destroy deep state and send all of them to jail. Chinese people will see him as a massive hero and no WW3 will ever happen as long as Superman is around. Does anyone want Superman as US president?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join